I know nothing about this and had never heard of it, but moviemavengal passed it on to me and told me to answer these questions, and I trust moviemavengal! So I will do my best (plus, helps me get to a thousand posts before the year is out!).
So, from moviemavengal‘s post, there are 3 rules:
- Thank the blogger who nominated you
- Answer the 11 questions
- Make 11 new questions
- Nominate 11 bloggers you enjoy and think deserve the award
The first 3 are easy (ish), but the last one kind of stumps me! Because, frankly, I don’t read any other bloggers! Because I am obsessed with posting on my own blog 2-4 times a day, which barely leaves time for sleep, let alone reading other blogs. So I don’t know if I can get to 11. But I will try my best.
Who would you choose to play you in a film of your life?
Gah, I hate this question! So hard! I never really see myself as one of the actors onscreen, you know? Like, I’m not that glamorous or confident or anything. But for the people who could kind of play me, maybe Doris Day? Kind of similar looks, kind of similar sunshine-y attitude. Well, most of the time.
(My favorite Doris Day movie. Much raunchier than her later stuff, while still cheerful!)
What is your favorite childhood film and why?
Singin’ in the Rain. Because it is brilliant! My sister and I were only allowed to watch 3 movies a week (2 on Friday night and then one on Saturday morning), and we picked Singin’ in the Rain for one of the Friday night movies, and then repeated it on Saturday morning every week for about a year.
What was the last film you watched?
Pink! Just drove out to movie theater last weekend to see it. And then spent Sunday afternoon writing my review (after teaching Sunday school and blah blah blah all morning), so I haven’t had time to see anything else!
If you could only watch films by one actor/actress for the rest of your life, who would it be?
Ooo, that’s a good question! Shahrukh, I think. Not just because I like him, but because he has made so many movies, and such a broad range of movies. Terrible 90s comedies, really cutting edge new stuff, crime movies, dreamy romantic fantasies, all of it from just one actor!
Which country/place have you always wanted to visit but never have?
Huh. I don’t like travel that much, so I kind of never want to visit anywhere beyond my own little apartment. But maybe Germany? It’s where my family’s from, and I minored in German in college, and yet I have never been there!
(Plus, Shahrukh says it is nice there!)
What would be your perfect day off?
4 movies in the theater in one day! I used to do it all the time, before I had a life, but now with church and friends and this that and the other thing, I can never seem to make time for it.
If you were to make a feature film, what genre would it be/what would it be about?
Only thing I would be qualified to make, I think, would be a standard Indian family romance. It’s the only thing I’ve watched enough of to make any kind of informed creation of.
You have the chance to interview five people from any aspect of films and filmmaking, dead or alive, who would you pick?
Hmmm. Another good question! Well, I generally like talking to women more than men, so I’m going to go all female. Alice Guy-Blache, the Frenchwoman from New Jersey who helped invent narrative film. Devika Rani, who helped invent Indian film. Nargis, so I can finally find out how much of an artistic input she had into the early Raj Kapoor films. Zeenat Aman, because she seems like a fun time and grew up in Germany, so she could tell me about it and save me a trip. And Kajol, so I could tell her how much I love her.
Would you rather watch a film alone, with family, or with friends?
With my sister! We have such similar tastes, and we grew up watching movies together, so it’s sort of like watching it by myself, but extra.
Is there any film or film genre you hate/can’t bear to watch?
Horror! I have no interest in it.
What is your favorite film?
I have 3 favorite films. Classic Hollywood: Singin’ in the Rain. Modern American: Spider-Man (2002). Indian: Dilwale Dulhania Le Jayenge.
Okay, I thanked moviemavengal, I answered my questions, now I have to come up with 11 new questions. Hmmm. Since I am going to be casting such a wide net to find bloggers, I think I am going to be super super general in my questions.
- Why did you start blogging?
- What keeps you going online and writing?
- What is the best comment you have ever gotten on your blog?
- What is the favorite blog post you have ever written?
- What is the favorite blog post you have ever read?
- Why do you like writing about what your blog is about?
- Has your blog changed focus since you started?
- Are you embarrassed sometimes when you go back and read your earlier posts?
- What makes you happiest about blogging?
- What makes you grumpiest about blogging?
- If you could change one thing about the people on the internet, what would it be?
Okay, now 11 bloggers. This is going to be a bit of a stretch:
- This is the blog related to Annorlunda enterprises who published my book, so I know it must be good! wandering-scientist
- This is a really fun blog run by very nice people who talked to me when I was researching my thesis: cinemachaat
- Okay, I don’t actually read this blog, but my knitting obsessed sister does, and as mentioned above, she is basically me, so I assume I would like this blog as well! If I knitted: modeknit
- Same as above: denofchaos
- Same as above: yarnharlot
- This is a cool blog that my sister reads more regularly than me, but hey, UU minister! beautytipsforministers
- Nice blogger person who is also one of my most faithful commentators here! And you know I love my commentators: jbpaoletti
- Same as above: ashu777
- Same as above: cmvtcivils
- Same as above: newgirlincityblog
- Same as above: musingformuses
(if you are a commentator who blogs and I missed you, don’t take it badly! As I said, I am terrible at internetting, I probably just couldn’t figure out where you were on the internet)