Aish is not my favorite actress ever, or my favorite public persona person. But on her birthday, I am going to follow a “if you can’t say anything nice…” policy, and just focus on her dancing, which is incredible. She shows both Bharat Natyam training, and a really good ability to sell a dance onscreen. So here are my 12 favorite Aish dances. (this is an updated and reposted post from last year)
Counting down least to most favorite dance:
12. Aish looks gorgeous, the guy looks pudgy, but isn’t the song so so pretty?
11. I don’t even know why I like this song, but isn’t it endearing? Maybe it’s just how happy Anil Kapoor looks.
10. Aish being beautiful, sexy coke bottle tricks, and Shahid Kapoor as a back-up dancer! What could be better! Okay, the film as a whole could be better, but this song is gorgeous.
9. There’s going to be another song from this movie in a little bit, but I have to do both, because the eye-line matches in this is just so cool!
8. This isn’t just about Aish, I love the way Hrithik plays this scene as well. And it’s so so pretty!
7. A recent discovery for me, way back when she was just starting out, and unbelievably beautiful onscreen!
6. I told you I would be back to this one! Pretty song, pretty visuals, Budapest has never looked better!
5. I’m a wee bit embarrassed to include this one,especially so high on the list, but it’s one of my guilty pleasures. Just so dopey and happy!
4. Top 4! This is tricky, the are all amazing. I guess I’ll start with this one.
3. Another pretty pretty Rahman song! Pretty pretty!
2. And now, sexy sexy! And new! A perfect use of modern Aish.
1.1. And finally, my top favorite! Even though it is a little creepy and incestous! I don’t care, I love it!