A Shahrukh (or Star of Your Choice) Game!

This is a variation on the game I put up on the morning post.  But now it is specific to one actor and the characters they play.

The game is Hook-up, Date, Marry and sometimes Kill

The challenge is, for your favorite actor, which of his/her characters would you pick?

I’ll start! Using Shahrukh:

Hook-up: Don.  You have to be curious what it would be like, right?

Date: Rahul from Yes Boss.  Will do anything to make you laugh, the perfect boyfriend

Marry: I think I’m stealing Angie’s answer, Jug from Dear Zindagi because he has beachfront property

Kill: Also Don.  I would hook-up with him, and then kill him.  He is just not a nice person!

(You can see where I am coming from, right?)

Now, just to be gender neutral, Kajol!

Hook-up: Dilwale Kajol.  She’s all tough and evil, I don’t need that in my life, but it might be interesting for a hook-up.  She’s certainly very confident.

Date: Karan-Arjun Kajol.  Kajol seems like she would be A LOT as a girlfriend, but the Karan-Arjun version at least was extremely accommodating, not even minding when her boyfriend forgot about her mortal danger for large periods of the plot.

Marry: Dushman Kajol.  Obviously.  A Kajol that can protect me.

Kill: Pass!  I can kill Shahrukh, but I love all my Kajol’s too much to kill them.

Now, your turn!  Pick your favorite actor and see what you can come up with.

37 thoughts on “A Shahrukh (or Star of Your Choice) Game!

1. Start with Kareena:
    Hookup: the Fevicol girl
    Date: Poo from K3G..only till I start feeling insecure about the fact that I will never ever be able to match up to her fabulousness
    Marry: Ek main aur Ekk tuu
    Kill: So many options here…but I might go with Heroine

And for Fawad:
    Hookup: Ae Dil Mushkil (obv must not date/marry this guy!)
    Date: Kapoor & Sons (too many unresolved issues to marry)
    Marry: Khoobsurat (Duh…he was perfect here and I get the palace, plus great in-laws)
    Kill: Zindagi Gulzar Hain (hated his character here…it was so chauvinistic and controlling)

Liked by 2 people

• Excellent choices all around! I especially like your point that there are many many potential “kill” options with Kareena.

And yes, Fawad in ADHM is like the IDEAL hook-up guy.

On Wed, Dec 5, 2018 at 5:36 PM dontcallitbollywood wrote:

2. I’m going with all your Shahrukh choices but have to add one: Adopt – Rahul Mehra, that sad, broken little boy from Darr. I’ll set him up with my hubby, Jug from Dear Zindagi.

• Excellent plan. And if you really want to fill out the family, you can also bring in poor unloved little rich boy Shahrukh from Deewana.

On Wed, Dec 5, 2018 at 9:41 PM dontcallitbollywood wrote:

• Raees is a great hook-up! Too driven and dark to be a good husband or even boyfriend, but definitely an interesting hook-up.

And I don’t know about how all of us are veering towards Jug. We can’t all share him! He has to pick one of us!

On Wed, Dec 5, 2018 at 9:56 PM dontcallitbollywood wrote:

3. I started this with Ranbir, but I don’t think he played a single character I would want to either date or marry. So I went with Ranveer, who was the person I hooked up with in the morning game. I would hook up with Ricky Bahl and leave him to cry in the morning after going through his wallet and taking his iPhone. I would date Bittoo Sharma from BBB. I thought about marrying Varun from Lootera, just for his personality, but of course he’s a thief. Then I thought Bajirao, but that did not turn out well for Priyanka. So, I think Kabir from DDD. If nothing else, he has a lot of money. I guess I would kill Alauddin Khilji, or maybe I would shoot Ram as he simultaneously shot me and we fell gracefully to our deaths in the beautiful garden, joined for eternity as we could not be in life.

• Except, Kabir in DDD was losing all his money! You’d marry a rich playboy and then end up stuck for eternity with some midlevel airline pilot. Maybe Ranveer just isn’t marriage material. Too bad we didn’t get a chance to warn Dips before it was already too late.

I’d say, go back to Ranbir and marry Rocket Singh.

On Thu, Dec 6, 2018 at 1:53 AM dontcallitbollywood wrote:

• How did I forget that? But, to be fair, airline pilots can make a lot of money, and you can travel for free.

OK, if I marry Rocket Singh, then I’m going to date Sid and hook up with Ranbir in Bachna Ae Haseeno, and kill Ranbir in Jagga Jasoos for being a whiny man-child.

• Oh boy, I forgot I get to kill Ranbir if I play the game! I have SO MANY Ranbirs to kill!

Hook-up: Barfi Ranbir. at least he won’t talk Date: ADHM Ranbir. I’d fix him up and get him into therapy Marry: Bachne Ae Haseeno Ranbir, so he can show me a good time Kill: Tamasha Ranbir, in a fit of rage after he once again failed to consider my feelings and ambitions as as important as his

Hook-up: Saawariya Ranbir. If Rani liked him, there must have been something there Date: Luck By Chance Ranbir, the “real” Ranbir, so I could get in to the cool film parties Marry: Raajneeti Ranbir, so I can get in to the cool political parties Kill: Sanju Ranbir. Just get over yourself and stop whining!

Hook-up: Bucket List Ranbir, the “real” one, so I can see all the fuss Date: Besheram Ranbir, a little over the top but seemed fun and looks good in a suit Marry: Yeh Jawaani Hai Deewani Ranbir but only at the very end when he had matured and settled down Kill: Jagga Jasoos Ranbir, in case you didn’t fully finish him off.

On Thu, Dec 6, 2018 at 7:46 PM dontcallitbollywood wrote:

4. Choosing Maddy always is boring so this time Pankaj Tripathi!
    Hook-up P. from Anaarkali of Aarah because he is sexy in a strange way
    Date – P. from Newton, marry a soldier must be though so I will only date him for some time
    Marry – P. from Angrezi Mein Kehte Hain, such a good husband but only if I’ll be sure I won’t end like his movie wife.
    Kill P. from Gurgaon – terrible, terrible person

• Brilliant answer! Although I am disappointed not to get your Maddy answer. I’ll give one instead:

Hook-up: Maddy from Saala Khadoos. No way I want to marry, or even date, that. But hook-up, DEFINITELY

Date: Maddy from Rang De. He’s almost perfect, but as you say, marrying a soldier? No, we’ll just date off and on when he is home on leave, nothing serious.

Marry: Maddy from Guru. The perfect man, the perfect husband. I just have to make him forget Vidya

Kill: Maddy from 3 Idiots. Such a whiner!

On Thu, Dec 6, 2018 at 8:38 AM dontcallitbollywood wrote:

• For your special request Maddy:
        Hook up: Vikram Vedha, super sexy and manly, but I don’t want to be affraid everyday he won’t come back from work
        Date: Salaa Khadoos Maddy, just like Arjun K, too intense for just one night
        Marry: Sharmaji from TWMR – a doctor, lives in London, educated, good-hearted, can take a lot, perfect match
        Kill: I’m undecided between “woman should listen her in laws and her husband and be happy to they decide about her life” Maddy from Priyasakhi and “I’ll go with my daughter to the war zone, because what bad can happen?” Maddy in A Peck on the Cheek .

• You just have no sympathy for Maddy in A Peck on the Cheek! I don’t understand it.

But the rest of your choices make perfect sense. Although for Saala Khadoos Maddy, I think I reached the opposite conclusion, “too intense for more than one night”. He would exhaust me! You must be made of stronger stuff.

On Thu, Dec 6, 2018 at 2:21 PM dontcallitbollywood wrote:

• No sympathy for him, because he is terrible parent in A Peck on the Cheek. Let’s forget he risked his, his wife’s and daughter’s life and the future of his sons, but even in everyday boring life he was a bad father. His wife was doing all important stuff, and he was there siting on the chair pretending to be the dad of the year.

I thought about other good date material – Maddy in Vettai. So handsome and cuddly. Too cowardy and dependend of his brother to marry, but good to date for some time.

And talking about Madhavan – Savyasachi is on Prime!

• But Savyasachi is really not that good! Except for the Maddy and Bhoomika scenes. The young people just don’t have the same charisma as them.

I was thinking marry Maddy from Vettai. I have no problem with his brother protecting us, his brother seemed to enjoy it and be quite good at it, why not?

On Thu, Dec 6, 2018 at 3:07 PM dontcallitbollywood wrote:

5. I’m going to try this with my old fave, Hrithik…

Hook-up: A in Dhoom 2
    Date: Bang Bang Hrithik
    Marry: Jodhaa Akhbar
    Kill: Krrish in all three films

now my strangely enduring fave, Saif
    Hook-up: Omkara – he’s evil but it’s one of his sexiest roles
    Date: Sameer from Dil Chahta Hai
    Marry: Parineeta Saif or Rohit in KHNH
    Kill: Hum Tum (I still like the movie but he’s peak annoying in this)

new fave, Arjun K.
    Hook-Up: Aurangzeb
    Date: Ishaqzaade (violent but thrilling and amusement park rides!)
    Marry: Ki and Ka, obviously
    Kill: Half Girlfriend

Anushka, for the ladies:
    Hook-Up: Matru Ki Bijilee Ka Mandola
    Date: Ae Dil Hae Mushkil
    Marry: Band Baajaa Baarat
    Kill: her characters in PK and Sanju (she should never work with Hirani again!)

• I love all these answers. And you’ve inspired me to see if I can do the same for the same group with minimal repeating of your choices:

Hrithik

Hook-up: Agneepath Hrithik (apparently my “hook-up” go to is just the guy that is too dark to date or marry) Date: Mujshe Dosti Karoge Hrithik. His mental issues make him a bad marriage prospect, but he could be fun to date Marry: Also Akbar. It’s the Best Hrithik, plus you get a palace Kill: Mohenjo Daro Hrithik. Such bad hair

Saif

Hook-up: Eklavya Saif. All tormented and sophisticated Date: Hum-Tum Saif. I would get a kick out of laughing at him Marry: KHNH Saif. The best husband for Preity, best husband for me. Kill: Taashan Saif. I love the movie, but his hair is so stupid and so is his character’s behavior.

Arjun K

Hookup: Gunday! Dark character, great body Date: Mubaraq. Two Arjun’s for the price of one! Marry: 2 States. Sensitive, serious, loyal, and can dance! Kill: I guess Nameste England? Just to save himself from the bad reviews

Anushka

Hookup: Bombay Velvet. Just so she breaks free of her Ranbir obsession Date: JHMS, I think we would have fun together Marry: Rab Ne Bana Di Jodi. Such a good loyal wife! Kill: Pari I guess? She is a demon after all

On Thu, Dec 6, 2018 at 11:51 AM dontcallitbollywood wrote:

• I think I’d have to switch to Hrithik in Agneepath for my Hook-Up…the first thought I had that he was too tortured to marry (plus short life span), but he definitely is an ideal bad-boy hook-up. Good pick for the Kill.

I need to rewatch Eklavya someday soon. He was kind of at his peak looks-wise then, also around the same time as Parineeta.

I don’t remember Arjun’s dancing in 2 States. Is it his best dancing on film?

I just realized that Amrita Singh has been in two films with Arjun K. We need a match up with him and Sara soon!

I thought of killing Anushka in Pari. Good choice.

• Oh oh! New Hrithik “kill”! Main Prem Ki Diwani Hoon Hrithik. I don’t think anyone would miss him.

I think 2 States might be Arjun’s best dancing. That or Gunday. Not that he is noticeably more talented, but since it is a romance, I don’t think he could skate by without it as easily as he did in other movies. “Iski Uski” just popped up on my youtube is why I was thinking of it.

Yes I want Arjun K with Sara! Despite the weirdness of him having already co-starred with Kareena.

On Thu, Dec 6, 2018 at 3:01 PM dontcallitbollywood wrote:

• Didn’t even occur to me to ask! I just assumed it would obviously be the bad twin.

On Thu, Dec 6, 2018 at 2:08 PM dontcallitbollywood wrote:

• Definitely the bad twin. That kiss by the pool is one of his best and one of the sexiest I’ve seen in Hindi films for sure. It’s also how good he looks in those dress pants as the bad twin. But the good twin is quite nice, too.

• I would take the good twin, because he is not women beater, but he would have to burn his boring clothes and use his brother’s wardrobe.And now when we talk about him, Arjun should change is hairstylist and return to his Aurangzeb look.Malaika if you’re reading this, please make it happen!

6. I think I would want to date Dev from kabhi Alvida Na kehna. Lol even though he’d be really annoying I like his sarcasm and humor. Esp when Rani said she was spending time with Rishi’s family and he says oh did he take you to the zoo? And the ballet scene lol. Also Dev is so hot since he’s possessive. I’d pick Dev for hook up or date. For marrying? Hmm maybe Dev again? It’s not a good choice at all but I’m just more attracted to that kind of man. I don’t find the super nice or sweet characters to be as attractive. Yes boss shah Rukh is soo cute though. I wouldn’t want to marry kabhi Khushi kabhi gham Shah Rukh since I don’t like how he never contacts his parents or brother. Rahul from Kuch kuch hota hai is ehh, nothing amazing about the character but nothing bad either. Paheli Shah Rukh would be so funny ( the ghost ) lol.

• So, how about this?

KANK Dev is so hot and bitter and angry that he meets you at a party somewhere and seduces you and takes you to a hotel for a hookup.

Months later, you meet him at a smaller party (like, a dinner party with 5 people) and he makes you laugh and you actually get his jokes and enjoy his sarcasm, so he falls in love with you. You date for months, there is a lot of fighting and making up and laughter. But eventually you break up.

You move on with your life, trying to make “good choices” and dating boring less attractive guys. And then you meet Dev again at a wedding and it is like you never broke up. He proposes spontaneously, at first you think he is joking but then realize he is serious. You get married right there, borrowing the priest from the wedding.

Bang! Hook-up, date, and marry, all the same guy!!!!

Or, alternatively, swap in Don or JHMS or Raees SRK for one of those, his other non-sweet characters.

On Thu, Dec 6, 2018 at 2:34 PM dontcallitbollywood wrote:

• That would be ideal! Dev all around! 😀

Btw are you familiar with mbti? If you are could you do a post on mbti types of characters and also actors? Maybe a series? I don’t take mbti too seriously because I don’t find it to be as scientific as people make it out to be, it doesn’t make that much sense sometimes. And people get way too stereotypical while typing and type based on the extreme version of each type without analysing the functions properly. but it could be fun to discuss. If your familiar with it maybe you’d be able to type some?Apparently Shah Rukh is very entp, I can see that. Preity Zinta is very enfj I think.

Or what about guessing zodiac signs of characters?

7. Finally someone mentioned Paheli: he would be an ideal husband!!! He adores you but also teases and is fun. Date: not Don; those guys are mean in bed as well as outside….I’d date Dev…he’d be interesting and dark but not good for the long term….hook up? Ranveer in anything…..

• If I had to hook-up with Ranveer, I think I would pick Befikre. He seems like the most fun and least intense hook-up.

If you had to hook-up with an SRK character, one night and then you say good-bye forever, who would you pick?

On Thu, Dec 6, 2018 at 2:39 PM dontcallitbollywood wrote:

8. I want to add Prithviraj!
    Hook-up 1: City of God Prithvi – sexy and strong, but I don’t want to date a gangster
    Hook up 2: Aiyyaa – so sexy!
    Date: James and Alice – an artist, great romantic boyfriend, terrible husband
    Marry 1: Koode- too fragile to hook up or date, but everytime I saw his sad eyes I wanted to hug him, and make him feel secure
    Marry 2 Ennu Ninte Moideen – perfect man

• Oh you took all my favorite Prithvirajes!!!! But I think I want them for different purposes, so I guess we can share, like you and filmilibrarian splitting Arjun K.

City of God Prithviraj: Marriage! Yes he is damaged and a criminal, but he is paying his debt to society and he seems to have a firm grasp of real estate, which will be useful.

Aiyya Prithviraj: Date. Hot, sensitive, interesting. Not marriage material, but fun to date.

I’ll leave you James and Alice Prithvi all to yourself

Koode Prithvi: I’ll steal an idea and say “Adopt” him

Ennu Ninte Moideen: Eh. Should have stood up to his father a lot sooner. I’ll kill him.

On Fri, Dec 7, 2018 at 2:03 PM dontcallitbollywood wrote: