I Met The Baby!

I didn’t break him or anything! It was very exciting. Albie Dog had an accident in the hall from all the stress.

I met The Nephew! My sister came to my office straight from the airport, I got to watch her change a diaper in the work bathroom and then give the baby a bottle. And then one of my co-workers came in and picked up the baby and we had to wrench him from her arms.

It was exactly like this, but with a baby and my co-worker whose kids are now old and less cute.

I followed my sister and The Baby back to my parents place and settled in for a nice long aunt-ing. Successfully held the baby, fed the baby, cheered up the baby, and watched the baby spit up. Did not diaper change the baby, because I’m an aunt, not a saint. But I did watch someone else do it.

Image result for asoka images shahrukh khan
Asoka at the end? Now HE would probably have changed a diaper

Meanwhile, Albie Dog was losing his little MIND. Every time The Baby cried, he ran around like Lassie looking at us and patting us with his little paws going “the baby is crying! The baby is crying! THE BABY IS CRYING!!!! WHY AREN’T YOU DOING SOMETHING???”

I eventually took pity on the poor little doggie and went back to my place just in time to host the church quilting group. Which, obviously, is the power behind the throne that secretly runs the entire church. Actually two churches, we are inter-church. In order to please them, I offered up homemade cinnamon rolls, the cute doggie and, eventually, The Baby since my sister brought him by. He got the blessings of all the old ladies and the seal of approval of the sacred quilting circle/coven. The dog escaped and had an accident in the hallway. He had a Hard Day.

And then I said good-bye to the baby, and good-bye to the quilters, and now the dog is completely exhausted with his head in my lap and pretty much done with babies forever.

29 thoughts on “I Met The Baby!

• Your kitty is nicer than my friend’s kitty who just freaked out and was miserable after the baby was born.

On Tue, Oct 22, 2019 at 11:05 AM dontcallitbollywood wrote:

1. Congrats on finally meeting your nephew! How did you feel when you first saw him? Your dogโ€™s reaction is so cute!
    I have so much to catch up here since Iโ€™ve been gone for some time!

2. I love the picture and the post. Hilarious and adorabel at the time same! Have you sniffed The Baby’s head yet? Because it is addicting!

• I have sniffed the baby’s head, and I have to say it didn’t live up to the hype. Although he is quite cute.

On Tue, Oct 22, 2019 at 12:34 PM dontcallitbollywood wrote:

• He’s still exhausted. Post baby, I think if I absolutely had to I could handle motherhood. But I don’t think the little dog could handle more than a couple hours with a baby.

On Wed, Oct 23, 2019 at 8:26 AM dontcallitbollywood wrote:

• Just don’t count on Albie Dog to help out, he would have a nervous collapse after about 2 days.

On Wed, Oct 23, 2019 at 2:14 PM dontcallitbollywood wrote:

• Oh, he had “accident” in that he pooped in the hallway. He also vomited twice while the baby was crying, I forgot about that. It’s a lot of stress for a little dog.

On Tue, Oct 22, 2019 at 1:52 PM dontcallitbollywood wrote:

3. You met your nephew! Yay! Baby cuddles are the best – as long as you don’t have to change diapers.

When my friend bought home her first child, her dog started acting like it was her baby. She’d fret around the baby and start barking at people when they were too slow (in her estimation) to take care of the baby when he cried. She kept trying to give the baby her toys – it was adorable. Well, to me it was adorable. My friend just found it annoying.

• Awww, I want Albie Dog to give the baby toys! Instead he tried to give the people toys (which he usually does) because he wanted us to play with him and we weren’t.

4. Aww, happy Aunt, tiny baby. You look like you got the hang of it pretty fast.

I’m sure Albie is relieved the baby is only visiting and he doesn’t have to share you all the time. Are there any movie songs with lingering looks of longing for the other person to leave?

• Nice for my parents too, they were really happy to get more time with the baby. The dog, not so happy.

On Wed, Oct 23, 2019 at 12:35 AM dontcallitbollywood wrote:

• My co-workers are trying their best to alleviate his psychological damage.

On Wed, Oct 23, 2019 at 2:24 AM dontcallitbollywood wrote:

5. I love your humour, Margaret. This alone already is worth to get to know about sister’s visit with baby and Albie trying to deal with it (or not to deal) ๐Ÿ™‚

• Poor Albie Dog! At least my sister really liked him (this is the first time she was meeting Albie Dog, just like it was the first time I was meeting The Baby)

On Wed, Oct 23, 2019 at 10:58 AM dontcallitbollywood wrote: