An actress who just a few years ago I wouldn’t have cared about, but somehow just recently she has become worthy of a birthday post. She really is the best part of a surprisingly large number of films!
1.1. I love you because you grew up in Goa, and yet spent most of your career in Telugu films, a lovely example of cross-cultural openness.
2. I love you because by 4 years into your career, you were already getting critical praise for being the clear “senior” actor opposite your heroes.
3. I love you because you broke through to the Hindi industry in 2012, and took the leap fully, stopping your Telugu work after that.
4. I love you because Pokkiri was only your second film, and yet your heroine was strong and an equal match for the hero.
5. I love you because you suffered through a very slight heroine role in Munna.
6. I love you because you were in one of my all time favorite songs, “Mere Rang Sharbaton Ke”. So pretty!
7. I love you because you have a young face, but a mature aspect, convincingly playing the “adult” in your romances.
8. I love you because you took on a variety of roles in Hindi film, beginning with something artsy, moving on to mainstream comedy, and slowly climbing through the ranks until you achieved strong leading heroine roles, not just eye candy.
9. I love you because I am excited to see what you do next! Who would have thought that the heroine from Main Tera Hero would move on to be the leading lady in a critically acclaimed Akshay Kumar film just a few years later?
10. I love you because Main Tera Hero is surprisingly fun!
11. I love you because you were surprisingly the best part of Rustom.
12. I love you because you were unsurprisingly the best part of Mubarakan!