Do you know what gains me 5 times as many new readers as anything else? People recommending me on other sites! Not in the actual content of the post, but in the comments. Somehow if you are reading an article or watching a video or even just in a forum, and someone in the comments says “hey, check out this awesome post”, you are much more likely to click through to the post than if it is anywhere else. Even celebrity tweets, not as powerful as normal people recommendations! And it’s not exactly something I can do for myself, because then everyone knows it is the author of the post and just ignores it.
So, here’s your monthly request to please help by telling other people if you like something I wrote.
Here are 5 simple things you can do to help more people find me:
- If you participate in any real life Indian/Indian film community (meet-up group, friendly movie night, a Hindi class, a dance class, just being alive and in India), please mention my blog.
- If you participate in any other online Indian film community, message boards, or other blogs, or podcasts, or youtube channels, please mention and link back to me in your comments.
- Re-blog me! Or re-tweet me or re-post me on Facebook. Or re-snapchat me or whatever else it is that the kids are into these days.
- Message anything you think is particularly good directly to the people involved. I’ve seen some of you already doing this, re-tweeting something I wrote directly to a director or a star or their fanclub. And I appreciate it and that is a great idea!
- COMMENT!!! My view count goes up per post with every comment. And, by the way, if you want me to write more posts of a certain kind (Malayalam, Tamil, shot by shot film summaries, etc.), commenting on them is the best way to make that happen.