I know you’ve been suffering with video ads, and I’ve been working on it! Here’s the last thing I heard from WordPress:
We’ve had several reports of video ads that are hijacking the browser window, and we’re working to track down the advertisers that are submitting them, so that we can block them.
Could you let us know the following information, to help us track down the advertiser?
- Your browser and operating system.
- Your IP address (you can go to whatismyip.com to find this)
- The exact URL of the page/post where the ad was shown.
- What product/service was being advertised.
- The URL of the page that the ad takes you to.
If you’re getting reports from site visitors, they can also contact us with that information by filling out the form here:
That will help us track down the bad-acting advertiser, so that we can block the ads.