Wednesday Watching Post: What Are You Reading and Watching and Thinking and Listening to This Week?

Happy Wednesday! I get to have a long weekend this week, so this is my last full day of work (woo!).

I’ll start!

Reading: Alicia/BollywoodNewbie posted this great interview with Hrithik. With any other star it would be short and superficial, but Hrithik gives so few interviews and is so rarely this open and comfortable, that it even this much openness makes it a little gem.

https://www.hindustantimes.com/bollywood/hrithik-roshan-on-kangana-ranaut-bullies-have-to-be-treated-with-patience-not-engaged-with-exclusive/story-u5xg83F5A25qcTVcUdbeEK.html

Watching: I’ve been going through Claws, a ridiculous feminist fun and over the top TNT series. If you happen to want a ridiculous feminist fun over the top summer series, and have access to either Hulu or TNT, I highly recommend it. And if I can sucker one of you to watch it with me, then we can try recasting it in India (the lead role would be perfect for Vidya, I think.

Thinking: Did I pack enough for the weekend? I just don’t know! For one night, I pack almost nothing because it doesn’t really matter, I’ll be home soon. For a week, I pack a million things so I don’t get homesick. But for a weekend? Is there a happy medium or should I just pack everything?

Listening: I’ve swung back around to this song which I forgot how much I love. It’s so summery!

Now, question for you! For Hrithik week, What is Your Favorite Hrithik Movie?

Advertisements

37 thoughts on “Wednesday Watching Post: What Are You Reading and Watching and Thinking and Listening to This Week?

  1. Prime is really upping their game,they have been on a release binge and I got to watch Kalank(Funny),NGK(WTF!),Ishq(very Malayalam),Kumbalangi Nights(rewatch),Venom(cool)back to back.More to come it seems.
    Also this very informative interview of Rana.He is highly knowledgeable on what works and what doesn’t,where Hindi films are lagging behind,how things are diff down south(Telugu mainly) and in Bollywood etc.Also unlike KJo who talks superbly in interviews and doesn’t necessarily follow it up with action,Rana seems to walk the talk.He has been producing some decent,successful movies in Telugu.His hand gestures are little distracting and he looks so skinny.I like the slightly more beefed up Rana.But he is a pleasure to listen to.

    So there seems to be a tiff between the film reviewers/journalists and filmmakers/stars everywhere.Everyone is blaming the reviewers for their bad movies,Sandeep Reddy calls them parasites,Kangana picks up fight with journalist for talking bad about Manikarnika(which he didnt do).I have seen discussions in this blog itself of how Anupama talks nicely to SRK and then the reviews arent all that friendly.Came across this interesting article that has some interesting thoughts:
    https://www.firstpost.com/entertainment/kangana-ranauts-public-spat-with-pti-reporter-prompts-age-old-question-can-actors-and-journalists-be-friends-6963331.html

    Like

    • What an interesting article! Thank you! I especially liked the quotes from the journalists about where they draw the line.

      One thing this article made me think about is that Anupama is one of the few people working today who encompasses that whole history of film journalism. When she was just out of college, she put in her time working for the film magazines, the atmosphere where they were all friends and would just have fun on set and then write glowing interviews and articles. That’s the context in which she first met the biggest names today. I wonder if that early training is part of what is making her public writing so confused now? She first started interviewing and meeting these people when the media and stars were friends, there was no pretense of objectivity. So that is where the tone of her interviews is coming from, but it doesn’t fit in the modern world of journalism and there ends up being a disconnect which makes her hard to take seriously as a journalist.

      It does seem like both sides would benefit from developing a more formal and adversarial almost attitude. If stars hold back and are careful and aware that anything they say might be printed, and if journalists stop mixing business with pleasure, then we the public will benefit with better clearer consistent objective coverage.

      On Wed, Jul 10, 2019 at 8:53 AM dontcallitbollywood wrote:

      >

      Like

      • I think by nature,Anupama is a very sunny person but has a mind of her own. So outwardly she seems like a giggling,adoring fangirl in the guise of a journalist but really she knows how to separate work and pleasure/friendship which we the audience & maybe even some of the stars hasn’t figured out yet. Also interesting is the role of PR folks now who control the access to stars. That’s a way of formalising star-journalist interaction & someone to warn the star from divulging too much. I think the new generation actors know how to do this differentiation better than the 90s and 2000 era stars who have to unlearn the older ways when everyone would hang out together. The stars need the journalists to plant gossips,buzz etc as much as the journalists need bytes and news from stars. It’s a messy relationship. But I think the stars & online cinephiles should stop taking film reviews so seriously and lower the expectations for ‘friendly’ reviews.Kabir Singh,Uri,Bharat were all panned by critics,but it hardly mattered for the movies’ success. A big chunk of population don’t even read these online reviews.It is a great thing if stars and filmmakers are willing to take criticism and interospect but if not,ignore and move on. The attitude of ‘how dare you give a bad review for my film ‘ or ‘my otherwise wonderful film failed because of your malicious review’ is so stupid and entitled.

        Like

        • I’ve always wondered how much pull some English reviews have on the audience in terms of deciding to watch a movie or not. First of all, most Indian people are not that comfortable with English (in my experience) and are probably paying more attention to the local language newspaper that arrives at their door than what Bharadwaj Rangan or Anupama Chopra are saying.

          There’s a reason why Taran Adarsh’s reviews get so much traction. You look at the stars and read the two lines that are in capital letters and you get whether a movie is “good” or “bad.” Same reason why people watch KRK’s reviews. They’re simple, easy to understand, and entertaining. They look at the movies in the way the average mass audience does. It’s not film criticism. It’s a consumer service – Should you waste your money on this movie? Yes or no.

          Like

          • I wonder if the English Language reviews have more influence in the global market? It’s impossible to accurately track these things, but the way Kabir Singh is doing versus Article 15 in America seems to point in that direction. If so, that would be something the stars would care about a lot but the man on the street in India may not understand why it is a big deal.

            Like

          • Could be or maybe it’s just about star power. Ayushman is slowly building up an NRI following not because he makes NRI films but because he makes more contemporary/modern films which appeal to that cosmopolitan market. They may be set in a smaller town but they are modern and cool in terms of story and execution.

            The NRI market is diverging from the domestic because right now in India, it’s all about the regressive masala movies, the male ego, random fight and action sequences, and fake patriotism. I mean sure, if a big star is in them, they will do fairly well internationally too but it’s a case of diminishing returns. People are watching because it’s the only option, not because they really want to and love the movies. But I don’t know how long it will last because people will stop watching eventually if the big movies only have this to offer.

            Like

          • And/or Badhai Ho. They both did as well or better overseas as in India, from what I can tell.

            Like

  2. Reading: Just started reading PG Wodehouse Ukridge. Picked up a Wodehouse probably after five years. Hope I like it.

    Watching: Managed to catch Brochevarevarura in the theatre before they took it off. I am in India for six months now and making most of watching Telugu and Tamil movies. Pittsburgh does not usually get all the releases.

    Thinking: India lost in the semi-finals in the Cricket World Cup. Anushka Sharma was trolled in 2015 after India lost the semi-final in the world cup and was blamed for Virat Kohli’s performance. Hoping there won’t be a repeat.

    Like

    • Ukridge is the only Wodehouse series I was never really able to enjoy. But if you get on a Wodehouse kick, reread Damsel in Distress and then watch Ek Ladki Ko Dekha! It’s really fun to see which bits they kept and which they changed.

      Aamir just posted a very nice formal note to Virat congratulating him for getting that far. Which is how I usually learn about Cricket stuff. Aamir’s Cricket fandom is so cute, he is so boring and serious in every other way, but boy does he love Cricket!

      Like

  3. Watched Maari 2. Dhanush and Sai Pallaiv were excellent! Especially Dhanush who moves between drama, comedy and romance so well. Tovino was terrible! And what’s with his wig?? It’s like he didn’t even stand a chance next to Dhanush. I hope Tovino continues to stay in Malayalam because his style definitely suits Mal more than Tamil.
    Thinking: Watched Anupama’s interview with Rana, and loved it! I liked his answers mostly, except for maybe the nepotism bit. It’s clear Rana has really worked for his place (as opposed to his brother) but there’s no denying that Telugu is largely governed by a few film families. Anupama Chopra really does deserve credit for bringing the attention to southern industries on her channel. Thanks to her we actually have some credible interviews for southern actors as opposed to the regular “How was it working with thing that southern anchors ask.

    Like

    • I may need to check out this Rana interview! I’ve been curious about him since seeing Ghazi, that was an impressive performance and a very impressive film for a first time producer.

      Like

      • Rana baffles me! He was so good in Baahubali and Ghazi too but hasn’t really followed up well. His movies are forever in making. The only other Telugu movie his did (Nenu Raja somthing) was sort of bizarre – I couldn’t even watch more than half an hour of it.

        Like

        • Maybe his heart is with producing and he should just stop trying to act? Although I would hate to no longer see Rana on my movie screen.

          On Wed, Jul 10, 2019 at 1:55 PM dontcallitbollywood wrote:

          >

          Like

        • Rana has been a good actor before Baahubali too.Check out Leader.It is his debut role and he is sooooo good in it in the understated,geeky way.It is at the other end of Bhallaladeva.Unfortunately the Telugu original copy has been removed and now there is only a bad Hindi dubbed version of it in Youtube.There was also a comedy movie of Rana as a petty thief/stage actor,I cant remember the name and he was hilarious in it.I think his good looks overshadow his acting range and post Baahubali,he has been focusing more on the production,film-making sides than acting.His focus definitely is on continuing the legacy of that 60 year old production company & expanding it than building his acting career.I think acting is something he does just to keep his face visible when he has time.Wont

          Like

          • I do want to watch Leader, that’s the one with Suhasini right? But can’t find it anywhere! But I hope he never stops acting, I really liked him so much in Baahubali 1.

            Like

    • Thank you for mentioning this interview. My Rana crush continues, but more so. I’ll be glad when he’s not so skinny. But an interesting mind, had a feeling there was something there.

      Like

  4. Also my last day of work this week! It’s Thursday and I don’t have to work until Tuesday! I can’t wait for the day to be over!

    So, I broke down and bought a Chromecast, which I need for many reasons, but I thought I would go ahead and see if Zee5 will cast to the TV with subtitles. Short answer:no. I spent all Sunday afternoon emailing someone in India about the long answer, and they didn’t come out and say it, but I get the feeling that casting or mirroring is just not happening on Zee5, particularly if you need subtitles and more particularly if you use a iOS device. So if anyone is getting excited about the release of Zee5 in their area, bear that in mind.

    However, I then went and proactively ponied up the $25 for Einthusan membership. I could see the difference immediately. I can now watch on my iPad, which I could not before (picture would not adjust to fit the screen), and it was really clear and no connection issues. So, I hope that keeps up.

    While I was testing Einthusan I started watching Badla because it was first on the list, and then of course I had to sit and watch the whole thing on a school night. Wow! This is just perfectly cast, with Taapsee and Amitabh’s Pink personae subtly influencing us to expect a different story. Only thing is, I am really conflicted about the last twist. SPOILER. I really like how it informs the way we saw Amitabh’s character, like the split second of horror we can see on his face when Taapsee says the son was still alive when she pushed him into the lake. But, maybe it’s just because I grew up with the original Scooby Doo, but the whole ripping off the face to reveal an entirely different human being underneath a completely lifelike mask seems far-fetched and unworthy of Sujoy Ghosh. So I’m still processing how I feel about that. I don’t know how you would have done it differently. But I loved Amitabh and I loved Taapsee’s great Keyser Soze thing where her face just freezes over. They are so good together. And while looking at online reactions I found that Sujoy Ghosh is going to do a Netflix series? Woo-hoo, if true.

    Like

    • So glad you saw Badla and liked it! SPOILERS I agree about the bit, the solution I thought of (which I am sure I have seen in other movies) would be to just quickly flash through those early scenes with Amitabh in place of the other actor. Saying to us “you pictured one thing in your mind, but the reality was something else”. Only problem being, Taapsee would have presumably scene photos of both Amitabh and the lawyer and would catch on. But a more subtle change might have been better and more believable.

      Like

      • OK, I had a much lamer idea, which is that for some reason we never see the husband, but Amrita mentions that he has a birthmark in the shape of Uttar Pradesh (or something equally distinctive) on his forehead. Then the last shot is Amitabh removing his stage-grade concealer to reveal the birthmark in the shape of Uttar Pradesh. Although, if we never saw the husband it would probably give it away. I saw this in a recent Bengali movie; the relationship between two characters is ambiguous until the son of the female character takes his shirt off and we realize he has the same birthmark as the male character (who is not the female character’s husband).

        Like

  5. Okay you convinced me to attempt to watch Claws. I will try to watch some episodes this weekend. Additionally, I am thinking I need to stay away from looking up anything related to “bollywood” while Kangana is promoting a movie. It is way too toxic.

    To answer your question, my favorite Hrithik movies are Jodha Akbar (because it is just such a good movie and his character is just so swooney in it), and Mujse Dosti Karoge because I LOVE tortured, crazy, OTT Hrithik. To me, he is the ultimate manic pixie dream boy!

    Like

    • It took me a couple episodes to get into Claws, mostly the characters have such complicated backstories and relationships, i needed to get them all straight before i really enjoyed it. So give it a try, but don’t be surprised if you don’t immediately love it.

      You needed to watch Na Tum Jaano Na Hum! It’s not as goid as MDK because Hrithik is only tortured for the last third, but there is still a little of that sweet sweet insanity.

      Come to think of it, there’s a touch of that in J-A too, and Agneepath. He should just always play a bit nutty.

      Like

      • Completely agree. I saw Na Tum Jaano Na Hum a LONG time ago and just remember rolling my eyes a lot but it also being very forgettable. I will have to rewatch it so I can comment on the review. I remember an interview with the director Arjun Sablok (aka Raj’s friend Robbie from DDLJ) saying how his inspiration for NTJNH was his parents love story but it failed because it wasn’t “sexy” enough so he went on to direct Neal and Nikki to make a sexy rom-com. Obviously, neither did well.

        On the other hand, I saw that you are reviewing Aap Mujhe Acche Lagne Lage and I don’t think I can physically re-watch that movie. It was so painful watching it the first time around. But I will watch the dhandia song in honor of your review :-).

        Liked by 1 person

  6. Thinking about
    US women’s soccer just won the world cup, with 25 million viewers watching. Maybe the economics of popular demand will help lessen the wage gap and privilege gap between the men’s and women’s league of this sport? Or is it only Americanns who watch women’s soccer with men’s soccer holding a more universal appeal? Do other countries need to devote more time and attention to their women’s soccer team to rectify this?

    Also, the news that a US border custody agent molested a 15 year old being held in their custody, laughing and in front of laughing patrol agents and other detainees? This just sickens me. I don’t know why, but rape + public humiliation gets me way more incensed than a private rape would. This is the toxic environment that Trump breeds, it trickles down to everyone that was looking for tacit permission.

    Watching

    Criminal Justice on Hotstar
    A friend shared his HS acct with me so that we could watch world cup cricket. Lots of interesting roles for the character actors. Jackie Shroff really kills it in a role that might have been played by Sr B or Naseeruddin Shah had this been a theatrical film instead of a streaming series. Even the other character-y roles are played very well. Vikrant Massey is the straight man here, so his acting is more subtle yet entirely believable. Anupriya Goenka of TZH and Pankaj Tripathi of Everything Nowadays (lol) also pay pivotal interesting roles. This is a murder mystery, sex & drug trafficking drama, prison drama, corruption drama, legal drama, and courtroom drama, all rolled into one, all balanced pretty well. Unlike sacred games, I could remember everything I saw afterwards, and even rewatched certain episodes and scenes to investigate them more deeply.

    One major character suffers from fungal foot infection – in this context, it’s just a metaphor for being stuck in life. But what I found ironic is that the copious amounts of knife wounds and blood didn’t gross me out, but a close-up shot of the foot infection made me throw up in my mouth a little. I guess a lifetime of film has inurred me to human violence but not microbial violence, lol.

    Of note, esp to the VMassey fans… One episode shows an elongated close-up of the man’s backside. For a skinny boy – and even without that qualifier – he has a perfect rear end! In a just world, he would have doubled his female fan following with that one scene. :O 😉

    Kalank on Amazon Prime
    I’ll post my detailed comments in your review post, but I’ll leave nonspoilery thoughts here. If SLB and Ekta Kapoor had a baby, Mahesh Bhatt adopted that baby and had KJo raise that baby, that baby would grow up to be Kalank!

    I really enjoyed this movie! I even watched it twice. I watched it the second time with my octogenarian dad, mostly because all the songs are all over the desi radio stations. This man always cat naps during movies (frankly so do I), , but he was awake and focused for the entire 3(?) hours. I think it worked for him because it’s really throwback-y, almost like a black and white film from the ’40s-’60s, in terms of plot, relations and linkages between the characters, dilemmas, melodrama, dialogs, and I think he really thought the nonromantic track (clash between communities, political violence, economic and labor questions) was well played.

    Can you explain what this movie flopped? Not meeting $$ expectations is one thing, but was it a genuine flop? What factors do you think caused this?

    Yesterday, in theaters
    Danny Boyle’s latest. First time I’ve seen a movie in theaters in months. It’s worth discussing here (at least in the comments) because it’s so Bollywood-adjacent. I’d say the actual central plot and dilemma and resolution were somewhat engaging and entertaining, but it’s the love story that was so immensely gripping and satisfying. I think somehow the central plot wasn’t paced correctly, hence the payoff didn’t engage me. But the parallel love story plot really had me. Plus the love story was so lovingly and endearingly shot. Gives me reason to believe that a cinematographer who understands and loves love stories can make a love story worth watching in the theaters in today’s world of viewing medium choices.

    Plus this movie has personal meaning for me. Possibly the first time in Western cinema that I’ve seen a South Asian character not having to “be” South Asian. The only nod to his being brown is that both his parents are brown too, but even they are both native British Asians, not immigrants. Honestly this is the first time I I have truly felt represented in Western cinema on my entire life!! Of course, The Namesake, and especially a wonderful ’90s indie film called ABCD, told my story, but those movies are ABOUT the immigrant and first gen experience. Yesterday is the first time in Western cinema where the lead didn’t have to be South Asian but was anyways, with no needless or stereotypical nods to “being” South Asian. Apparently this movie is being deemed controversial because it appears to be Whitewashing, or Erasing of Culture, or Lacking Cultural Representation, or Condoning Assimilation. I completely disagree. There is more than one type of diasporan in this world, and I’m sick of the stereotypes, especially when they don’t apply to me. As I always say, as desis we shouldn’t be forced to wear our culture on our sleeves, because we already wear it on our skin every day.

    Bringing it back to Indian film, which movies (from any Indian industry) do you think do a good job of representing foreign born diasporans, especially those that live more assimilated lives? I know your first answer is DDLJ, but honestly I can’t take it seriously as representing me. Their accents are so thick and physical antics so native to India … I can buy them as Indians who moved to the UK at, say, 10 years old, or perhaps as native southhall residents (very enclave-ish neighborhood). I would vote for Befikre as closest to reflecting my daily life – obviously vani’s character, but even the ranveer’s Indian-immigrant character and the degree to which he naturally fuses with Parisian life, makes so much sense to me. Second choice is A Gentleman… Like Ranveer in Befikre, both characters are Indian Immigrants, yet the portrayal of their lives far more closely mimicks my own than the NRI fantasy characters of, say, a KANK. Kajol in MNIK also feels very real, esp as a working class abcd. Honorable mentions to Neal n Nikki, Amu, and Patiala House – all very enclave-ish but extremely accurate…. They don’t feel like you pulled actors out of India to play diasporans. Konkana’s portrayal of Amu might be the single most accurate and representative portrayal of a character like me that I’ve seen in Indian film in my life. I probably had the same WOW moment watch Konkana in Amu that I did watching Yesterday this week. I haven’t seen the movie New York yet, and I wonder how the south Indian industries are doing in this score, with films like Ranan (the Detroit film).

    Like

    • You always bring up such interesting points!

      With Kalank, I think maybe people weren’t able to adjust their expectations? Bhansali trained us that if it is a period piece, it has to be Epic, not just “pleasant”. Maybe if Karan had sold it more as “old-fashioned love triangle” and less as EPIC it wouldn’t have been a disappointment? Also, I think the audience has a bit of epic-fatigue. I can tell you that my review views have zipped up since it hit Prime, which means a whole bunch of people are watching it streaming even if they didn’t see it in theaters. So maybe it’s also part of my (new as of last week) theory that the theater audience is increasingly young men and the streaming audience is older people, children, and women.

      I just saw that Vikrant Massay signed something else and now I can’t remember what it was! Anyway , I am still not going to see Criminal Justice because that topic depresses me, and foot fungus is not making it more tempting! But I bet at least a few people here will be sucked in by your description.

      I had the same reaction to Yesterday! I didn’t watch it but I saw the trailers and thought “how interesting, our hero is a young British man who just happens to also be Indian heritage”. For other representations, I really liked the Cece character in New Girl. The show as a whole might not be your kind of thing, and her personality and character and so on is probably not very similar to you. But she is a young American woman who went through American high school and dating and all the other familiar milestones. At the same time, her heritage isn’t hidden away, it comes up organically when it is relevant (for instance, when planning her wedding), but it also doesn’t define her. She isn’t “the Indian one” any more than the other characters are “the Irish one” or “the Jewish one”. I feel like I’ve seen that in other things as well, I’m just blanking on what they are, but more and more it seems like one of a group of friends in youth slanted content will be Indian and it will just be normal. Not the center of the story at all, or the most important thing about their character.

      My favorite movie for representation is Jhoom Barabar Jhoom. And next up would be Bollywood/Hollywood. They are both set within the enclave, but at least they don’t sugar coat it and pretend everyone in America is rich and cool and so on, instead of shop owners and taxi drivers. I think DDLJ was different not because it showed people onscreen in their realities exactly, but more because it showed people onscreen in their emotions. Instead of the usually “rich London returned” character, we had people with real inner conflicts as they were torn between cultures.

      Now you’ve got me thinking about it, and what I really want is for Ayushmann’s next film to be in America. Give his family comedies an American setting instead of Indian. And the way the foreign market is responding to him, that could really be something.

      Like

      • To your point about Cece in New Girl, American TV has been 15-20 years ahead of American cinema in representation of all kinds, including south Asian Americans. Kelly Kapoor of The Office and then The Mindy Project, aziz ansari in parks & rec and then Master of None, Bend it Like Beckham girl on ER, Archie Punjabi on that women’s legal eagles show, the woman from Kama Sutra on Game of Thrones, Naveen Andrews on LOST, even PC in Quantico, and Sendhil Ramamurthy on Heroes might be the earliest. Even stand up comedy had had Russell Peters, who makes fun of everyone, on one hand, and Hari Kondabolu, who leans into identity politics, on the other hand, specifically dissecting how south Asian Americans navigate a white American world.

        Western cinema is bringing up the rear. There is riz ahmed in the star wars property. But he often plays characters that amorphously could pass for near eastern / middle eastern / south Asian background, just like Anil kapoor or Naseer shah or Irrfan Khan. Buy in yesterday we have someone who is unmistakably brown and unmistakably British. Yay!

        But Hannah Simone in New Girl = David Carradine in Kung Fu = Emma stone playing half-Asian = just no.

        Like

        • Oh duh! Of course Mindy Kaling and all she has done! Have you seen Late Night? I haven’t but my parents did and loved it.

          Break it down for me, why is Hannah Simone in New Girl not okay? She is Desi, isn’t she? Or am I missing something?

          On Thu, Jul 11, 2019 at 9:30 PM dontcallitbollywood wrote:

          >

          Like

  7. OMG. Working 16 hr days in Zimbabwe, but I think it’s important to share that I watched Koode (yes I ugly-cried at least 2 times), and the songs from My Story, and Prithviraj/Parvathy is my new favorite jodi after Shah Rukh/Juhi and Shah Rukh/Rani.

    Like

    • Enne Ninte Moideen! That needs to be your next one. My Story is terrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrible, no one should watch it. But Enne Ninte Moideen is beautiful, and get ready for a lot more ugly crying.

      So glad you saw Koode!

      On Thu, Jul 11, 2019 at 4:44 PM dontcallitbollywood wrote:

      >

      Like

    • Oh, also, when you get a chance, swing by and give your thoughts on the “best SRK hair” and “best SRK outfit” posts. I feel sure you will have Thoughts.

      Liked by 1 person

      • Thank goodness, I leave for home tomorrow. It’s been a month long trip this time, with bad Internet access.

        I’ll catch up over the next couple weeks. I have thoughts on all the Shah Rukh questions of course. I’ve watched a bunch of Prithviraj movies, a couple of Vijay Sethupathi movies, and I have thoughts. And I want to watch Bang Bang too. 🙂

        Like

        • Thank goodness! I am sure your family and dog and all have missed you, but it’s been just terribly lonely at DCIB too!

          And yes, watch Bang Bang! It’s the perfect airplane movie, you can knock it out on your way home.

          On Tue, Jul 16, 2019 at 3:13 PM dontcallitbollywood wrote:

          >

          Like

  8. I watched two Malayalam movies – Athiran and Ishq – both good. Would love to discuss the movie with fellow DCIBers, especially Ishq, Felt so uneasy the whole time I watched the movie, but the climax had some redemption. Athiran was good too – Sai Pallavi was excellent!
    I also finished watching Gossip Girl 🙂 Can’t believe I didn’t catch this when it aired. So up my alley.

    Like

    • Ugh, I have to get back into Malayalam films! I am missing so much. They are my Gossip Girl.

      On Tue, Jul 16, 2019 at 4:59 PM dontcallitbollywood wrote:

      >

      Like

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out /  Change )

Google photo

You are commenting using your Google account. Log Out /  Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out /  Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out /  Change )

Connecting to %s

This site uses Akismet to reduce spam. Learn how your comment data is processed.