Worst Trailer of 2019: Chhappak, War, Good Newwz?

I am sure there are more, these are just the 3 that occur to me. Trailers that made me think “well, I’m not seeing that movie!”

Chhapaak

The movie is releasing in 2020, so I have no idea how accurate the trailer was in conveying what it was about. But I know it didn’t get me exited to see the film, it just felt like a story I had already seen.

War

Total trailer fail!!!! We see Hrithik and Tiger fighting each other over and over again, lots of action, no love story at all which is the main selling point of the film! Plus, we are set up from the start to know they will fight, which the movie kind of holds off on revealing a little. Why not show the love story/friendship and then shock us in theaters by seeing them fight each other?

Good Newwz

Well, this accurately reflected the film, but it is a stupid stupid film. The trailer maybe should have tried to hide that a little better.

But, which is worst?

18 thoughts on “Worst Trailer of 2019: Chhappak, War, Good Newwz?

• Probably not. I’m thinking the next movie I see in theaters will be Street Dancer 3. None of the January releases are really sending me.

On Fri, Jan 10, 2020 at 1:42 PM dontcallitbollywood wrote:

• Awe! I was really hoping to read your review of Chhapaak. Maybe when it comes to streaming? I think this is another movie where I will buy a ticket so I can support it but for my mental sanity watch it when I have the option to fastforward through parts of it.

• I suppose I could watch Chhapaak in theory, I’ve got nothing going on Sunday afternoon, it just seems so dreadfully depressing.

On Fri, Jan 10, 2020 at 4:10 PM dontcallitbollywood wrote:

• No no, do not depress yourself!! It’s still the middle of winter. I just always enjoy reading your reviews but it can wait until it’s on streaming and the sun is out and everything is cheery so nothing can bring you down.

• Ooo, I could go on Sunday and then go for lunch at the Hyderabad buffet again and have more bread halwa!

On Fri, Jan 10, 2020 at 4:18 PM dontcallitbollywood wrote:

• Or Sid M’s new ridiculous tragic romance that Angie reports is exactly as expected!

On Fri, Jan 10, 2020 at 5:00 PM dontcallitbollywood wrote:

• Oh oh oh!! Or in anticipation of Jawaani Jaaneman (which I am sooo excited to see) and the launch of Alaya Furniturewala (granddaughter it Kabir Bedi and daughter of Pooja Bedi) a 101 on her family! To me, her family might be the most fascinating family in the industry.

• Kabir Bedi, you mean “dayum, that is a lot of man!”? I thought of him as nice general dude from Main Hoon Na until I saw some of those early photos of him with Parveen.

On Fri, Jan 10, 2020 at 5:57 PM dontcallitbollywood wrote:

• Yes for Marjaavan! But be sure to watch it with right mindset – there won’t be good acting or camerawork but a lot of fun and Sid’s puppy eyes.

• So, Sid’s hair is okay? that was my main concern after watching the trailer, because I didn’t think he could pull off the long hair wildman look.

On Sat, Jan 11, 2020 at 1:46 AM dontcallitbollywood wrote:

1. Hey! I’m back after a while. How are you doing Margaret?!?

I would say that I didn’t like the Chhapaak trailer either. I was excited about the movie because Deepika and Meghana Gulzar but I lost interest once I saw the trailer.

I also saw Sarileru Neekevvaru yesterday and I absolutely loved it! It was a lot of fun to watch, especially on the first day with a bunch of screaming fans.

• Hey! I owe you a birthday card! Email me a good address and I will send it right off.

I forgot that movie was coming out this week! And the new Rajinikanth movie too. And I can’t see either of them. But maybe next week while I am visiting my sister? Would it be a good sisters movie?

On Sat, Jan 11, 2020 at 11:04 AM dontcallitbollywood wrote:

• Just sent you my address!

Oh yeah, I wanted to see Darbar but I didn’t get the chance to. I only watch Telugu dubbed Rajinikanth movies so I don’t think I’ll get the chance to see it anytime soon. I thought the trailer was a lot of fun so I will look out for the movie once it hits streaming.

I saw the Allu Arjun movie as well (Ala Vaikunthapurramlo) and enjoyed that as well. Ala Vaikuntapurramlo was probably a better made movie compared to Sarileru Neekevvaru and the story was interesting and fun enough but I kinda felt like Trivikram was rehashing his previous movies a bit. The movie was still fun and Allu Arjun’s performance was good so it was a solid movie.I found Sarileru Neekevvaru to be a lot more fun even though the movie was more catering to mahesh fans rather than the story. I loved Mahesh’s performance, especially since it’s been a while since he did this much comedy. Idk, maybe it’s just me being biased because my other friends that saw both movies preferred Ala Vaikuntapurramlo over Sarileru Neekevvaru. I think the choice is between a family drama/comedy vs a more massy action comedy and I would pick a Mahesh action comedy over anything else…

• Yaaaay! Look for a very delayed birthday card sometime in the next week.

Hmm, now I am torn between Darbar, Ala Vaikuntapurramlo, and Mahesh’s movie to see with my sister. I think I might lean Allu just because it’s a sister outing, so family action comedy seems more appropriate.

On Sun, Jan 12, 2020 at 9:02 PM dontcallitbollywood wrote: