Internet Round-Up! Saif Birthday Videos, Cute Sid Photos, Alia Post to Discuss, and FAN SWAG SHOP!!!!

Happy Internet stuff! Mostly because Angie sent me a link from twitter of THE BEST store. Is this what happens when you do twitter? You find out about cool fan stores?

Kareena went all out for Saif’s birthday (I feel so bad I didn’t realize it was his 50th!). She made a video of his life, which is delightful, including snarky comments about his hair.

And she did one of those quicky videos of the two of them bursting through streamers together, which is delightful and makes them look like the best couple.

View this post on Instagram

Happy birthday to the sparkle of my life ❤️

A post shared by Kareena Kapoor Khan (@kareenakapoorkhan) on

Meanwhile, Sid M put up a photo of him in costume as a little kid with a jokey self-deprecating comment, because he continues to worm his way into my heart. Sid M, possibly the inheritor of the “very handsome man who works hard but never quite gets appreciated and is surprisingly smart and classy” crown from Raajkumar?

Lastly, Alia! Who put up a nice birthday post for Ayan Mukherjee calling him her best friend. This is very nice and appropriate and all that, but does it feel odd to you that Alia’s best friend is her boyfriend’s best friend of 10 years? Like, I can see Karan and Gauri and Shahrukh because all three of them met each other at the same time, but to sort of inherit your significant other’s best friend instead of having one of your own? I’m probably over thinking this, but do you see what I mean?

And finally, MASALA POP STORE!!!!! Here is the link: https://masalapopstore.com/

And here is a sample of the lovely items for sale:

34 thoughts on “Internet Round-Up! Saif Birthday Videos, Cute Sid Photos, Alia Post to Discuss, and FAN SWAG SHOP!!!!

  1. Who is this? Who is behind this website? The prices are very low. Who is making the profit? The stuff is okay, but the back story fascinates me.

    Like

    • Yes! And they have a surprising number of celebs wearing their clothes. Like, more than zero. Maybe they focused on building buzz online before anything else and are taking a loss for a while as buzz builds?

      Also, they have mostly image printed on things, so that’s cheaper. They can use some company that already has 3,000 plain black t-shirts, and just get their imageses slapped on a few of them.

      Like

  2. Unfortunately twitter becomes worse and worse everyday. I’m still there only for cute animals stories and ott releases news. Btw Nani’s new movie V is going to be on Prime from 5th September. The film has also Aditi Rao, Sudheer Babu and Srinivas Avasarala. I like all of them so I’m interested.
    From other news: some movies are going to restart shooting this week , one of them is Arjun Kapoor’s and Rakul’s cross border love story. I’m worried about stuff’s health but can’t lie I was happy to read the news. I hope this film will be good and Arjun will try his best.

    Like

    • YES! I saw both those announcements and was very very pleased. There is also some Ileana/Abhishek movie coming out that I had never heard of, but am very excited based on that cast.

      I like Rakul for no particular reason, and of course Arjun is The Best, so I really hope that movie is good. And that Arjun does his job. Rakul always works super hard in every movie, no matter how stupid her role is, so maybe that work ethic will rub off on him.

      On Thu, Aug 20, 2020 at 9:51 AM dontcallitbollywood wrote:

      >

      Like

      • Let’s hope her work ethic will wake Arjun and make him work.

        Othe news: Unni Mukundan has his own production house: Unni Mukundan Films. I know that at 99% it’s not the case but I hope he did it because he knows he is the best romantic lover in malayalam industry but because nobody gives him romantic roles he decided to produce those movies all by himself 😉

        Like

        • It could be the case! At the very least, it is probably because he feels like he isn’t being offered good films and decided to produce his own stuff, so that’s a good sign.

          On Thu, Aug 20, 2020 at 10:42 AM dontcallitbollywood wrote:

          >

          Like

  3. Okay, I never comment on Bollywood relationship stuff because I genuinely Do.Not.Care, but Alia claiming Ayan Mukherjee as her best friend does strike me as odd – even creepy. I mean think it’s helpful to get along with one’s SO’s friends, but I dunno this almost seems to cross the line into “appropriating”? It doesn’t suggest a healthy, equitable relationship to me.

    Like

    • I would not give much weight to Alia’s words. It’s Ayaan’s birthday so today he is her best friend, tomorrow it will be some other person. Just like in Karan’s biography – there is a different best friend in every chapter.

      Liked by 1 person

    • Thank you! That was my similar feeling. Absolutely your boyfriend’s best friend should be ONE OF your best friends. But not your best friend as well. Unless, like Gauri and Shahrukh, all three of you met at the same time, which can happen. I get along great with the significant others of all my friends (because they date/marry awesome people), but there is always a line of “my primary friendship is with person A, we would love for you to join but you don’t have to”. Being “best friends” with your boyfriend’s best friend feels as wrong in one direction as having no relationship at all with the best friend would feel in the other direction.

      Also, did Alia not have a “best friend” of her own before this? And if she did, did that person get bumped for Ayan?

      On Thu, Aug 20, 2020 at 9:52 AM dontcallitbollywood wrote:

      >

      Like

        • do you know this because her big sister is dating Aditya Seal? Or do I get to break the news to you that Alia’s best friend’s big sister is dating Aditya Seal?

          Also, looking at the family, she looks very cool and similar to Alia. Went to the same good local Bombay school, from a liberal arty family with lots of interesting liberal arty credentials, very much not an empty light weight kind of background.

          On Thu, Aug 20, 2020 at 10:29 AM dontcallitbollywood wrote:

          >

          Like

          • I heard that somebody from Alia’s friends dates Aditya Seal. But I thought it’s the friend who dates him and not friend’s sister.

            Like

          • I could be wrong, the friend and the sister have similar names, so it’s highly possible the internet thinks they are two people and they are actually one person.

            On Thu, Aug 20, 2020 at 10:45 AM dontcallitbollywood wrote:

            >

            Like

          • Anuskhka Ranjan (Akansha’s older sister) is dating Aditya Seal. And yes, Alia’s actual best friends are Akansha and a group of about 4-5 girls that all grew up together. Their moms are all friends too. I see Soni and Akansha’s mom on trips all the time with Neena Gupta.

            Like

          • That makes sense, reading about Akansha’s family her parents sounded sooooooo similar to Alia’s.

            On Fri, Aug 21, 2020 at 9:28 AM dontcallitbollywood wrote:

            >

            Like

  4. I saw the Said videos and they made me so happy. Also, I am pretty sure anyone that’s dating Ranbir is obligated to make Ayan their “best friend” for the duration of the relationship – Deepika and Katrina did the same thing. I bet Ranbir will even require it in the pre-nup if it’s comes to that.

    Like

    • Well, BOOO to Ayan in that case! And also Ranbir. I’ve never been part of the “relationship” side of that triangle, but I’ve been on the “best friend” side a whole bunch. I’m not gonna make you make me your best friend just because you are dating my friend! And I’m certainly not going to force my friends to force their significant others to make me their best friends either. I’m not saying that right, but you know what I mean.

      And that’s in same-sex couples too! Where it gets funkier, because if you say something like “I’m having a ladies night” in theory the significant other should also be invited. With Ayan and Ranbir, why can’t they just do “bro time” by themselves and let Alia do her own thing? I mean, I know why, because they have an unusually close relationship between the two of them and they need bro time and threesome time, but it’s not good is all I am saying.

      On Thu, Aug 20, 2020 at 11:25 AM dontcallitbollywood wrote:

      >

      Liked by 2 people

    • Awwww, that’s a really nice post! Thanks for sharing. And needless to say, unsurprising. That immediate humble urge to offer help is the thing that has been consistently said of Sanjay his whole life.

      And that Panda video is super cute! It looks a lot like when my sister is trying to deal with my nephew.

      On Thu, Aug 20, 2020 at 3:54 PM dontcallitbollywood wrote:

      >

      Like

      • Yeah I guess that’s why he is loved across the industry.

        Are you saying your nephew is equivalent to 5 pandas?? That’s a lot lol! I’ve gone down a hole of videos of these pandas with their caretaker/nanny. There’s a series of them learning to walk, being fed milk, etc. and they are like overgrown toddlers!

        Like

  5. These mugs are so cute. I already have too many mugs. I was literally just gifted a mug by my soon to be roommate for my birthday. I do not need any more mugs. I have not gotten paid since June and therefore do not have the money to buy new mugs. But these mugs are great and I want them. Why do you do this to me.

    Like

  6. I am slowly coming to realize that Saif is the bomb. He and SRK need to have a Buddy Movie franchise like Lethal Weapon where SRK is the crazy one Saif is the funny one. Like Joe Pesci.
    I can see why Kareena married him. He seems fun and interesting in a relatively uncomplicated way.

    Liked by 1 person

    • I was going to say “no, he’s super complicated”, but then I realized he might be one of those guys who got all his complication out in his youth and is now super sane and calm and easy. Dramatic love story with an older woman, quickie wedding, young fatherhood, very messy divorce and struggle to figure out co-parenting. and by the time Kareena got him he had already gone through all the relationship drama and craziness for a lifetime I think.

      On Fri, Aug 21, 2020 at 9:21 AM dontcallitbollywood wrote:

      >

      Like

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out /  Change )

Google photo

You are commenting using your Google account. Log Out /  Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out /  Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out /  Change )

Connecting to %s

This site uses Akismet to reduce spam. Learn how your comment data is processed.