I’m Gonna Share Dog and Baby Stories, You Share Whatever You Want!!!!

Really, you can talk about your life and stuff on any post. But this is a post specifically ENCOURAGING you to talk about your life and stuff. The sun is never up, Courtney is struggling with anxiety, at least half of us are exhausted with Xmas work, we need a place to gossip and chat and feel community.

Dog story!!!! Albie Dog has discovered the wonders of blankets. He runs around and is all irritating and bouncy, and then you wrap him up in a blanket and plant him on the couch and he goes right to sleep. Sometimes he even wraps himself up, a couple days ago I came out of the shower and could not find Albie anywhere. I finally figured it out. Can you find the dog in this photo?

Baby story! My nephew is generally a happy little fellow now. One of you (maybe Catherine?) suggested that he just wanted to grow up, and I think that is true. Now that he can busily walk all around and put things where he wants them and just generally organize the world to his pleasure, everything is hotsy-totsy for him. Not so much for his parents, who have this never ending energy battery running about the place.

I should say, he thinks he can do everything himself, but he actually can’t. For instance, one of his favorite games is putting the lid on things. But he can’t take lids off. So he puts the lid on something, then trots over to a parent and shoves the thing at them so they will take the lid off, and then he happily puts the lid on again, and then trots over to a parent to take it off, and so on and so forth as the hours of your life drip through your fingers.

For instance, my sister just made him these lovely yellow socks:

And he promptly took one off and tried to put it in a container so he could put the lid on:

Okay, that’s my happy stories! Unless I am forgetting something. No, I think that’s it. Happy dog, happy baby, happy family.

Now, tell me what’s up with you!

25 thoughts on “I’m Gonna Share Dog and Baby Stories, You Share Whatever You Want!!!!

1. My sister was thinking about getting a dog for some time. In March during the lockdown she felt this is the time and started looking for a good dog to adopt. But it was so difficult! She lives in an apartment and needs a little dog but the shelters have only big or very old dogs. Last week after months of trying, she finally found a doggie! It looks just like this one:

I’m so excited. I wanted her to have a dog so badly, one of the reasons is that my son is affraid of dogs, and I hope it will help him get over it.

• So cute!!!!! Did she get a little puppy or a small but adult dog?

I was scared of dogs until we got our dog. I was only 3 when we got our dog, so I wasn’t scared for very long, but it was scary.

On Thu, Dec 3, 2020 at 1:49 PM dontcallitbollywood wrote:

• A little puppy who will be a small adult in the future.

My son adores cats, but for some reason is scared of dogs, even the little ones. He wasn’t happy when he heard about this new dog, but now wants to visit his cousin often so the dog will know him and won’t bite him.

• This plan makes perfect sense. Also, if it is a small puppy who will grow to be a small dog, then your son should be a lot bigger than it now, and will stay bigger even as the years go by.

On Thu, Dec 3, 2020 at 3:31 PM dontcallitbollywood wrote:

• OH MY GOODNESS!!! I want to see real pictures! What a cutie. I’ll be honest, I wasn’t much of a dog person/scared of dogs until I got one. Having one definitely helps. Although, I’m still weary of most dogs that I don’t know – but I think that’s just being sensible! 😉

• I am not wary of dogs I don’t know, and that is dumb. But I can’t help it, I just assume all dogs are my best friends.

On Thu, Dec 3, 2020 at 10:57 PM dontcallitbollywood wrote:

2. This is a very kind post shoutout.

Keeping with the theme, the first Coolie No. 1 song dropped this morning. I know most of us are firmly anti Coolie, and I agree that the movie is going to be hot garbage. But the song is so catchy and upbeat. And the video is so filmi and fun. And Sara is so beautiful. And we all know how much I love Varun. So this is just the burst of serotonin that I needed and I will be watching this on loop for the next several days.

• That was a burst of serotonin!!!! I may actually want to watch this movie, instead of avoiding it like I was planning to.

On Thu, Dec 3, 2020 at 5:06 PM dontcallitbollywood wrote:

• I think that the joke of the original, and presumably the remake, is that it is like Kedernath but funny. Poor boy falls in love with rich girl, but instead of being played with a lot of angst and anguish, it’s used for a bunch of jokes. The rich girl’s snobby dad has to be tricked to think the poor boy is rich, and then the farce builds and builds, and so on.

On Thu, Dec 3, 2020 at 10:49 PM dontcallitbollywood wrote:

• Oh I am very Pro-Coolie # 1!! I have been MIA over the last couple weeks so I haven’t been following the comments but even though the trailer was a hot, confusing mess, it’s Varun and Sara and happiness and romance – basically all things joy!!! I cannot wait to watch it!

• Yaaaaay! You watch it, and report back to me, and then I will decide if I should watch it.

On Thu, Dec 3, 2020 at 11:01 PM dontcallitbollywood wrote:

• Also, I just finished watching Real/Fake Housewives of Bollywood because of peer pressure from my sister and cousin while live chatting with them and it was sooo much fun. I don’t think I could have watched it on my one without commenting on the incessant nonsense. You should totally watch it with other people in a forum where everyone can chat while watching. I had so much to say.

Also, I got my husband watching the last few episodes and his comment was “I think I literally lost brain cells because of this show.”

I also think it’s such a brilliant money making scheme by Netflix. It is super cheap to shoot, every episode is basically sponsored by multiple brands, the “wives” basically get free publicly for their brands so no need to pay them much money, and Netflix makes a crap ton of money and reaches an international audience.

• I have to make 50 Christmas gifts, which involves being half distracted and also making a lot of sewing machine noise while working. I am thinking Bollywood Wives is perfect for that. Right? I can just power through and not worry about missing vital dialogue or properly considering every aspect of everything?

I want to just power through the whole show without really paying attention, and then put up a discussion space. Very VERY much does not feel like something worthy of a careful episode by episode review. I am concerned that if I attempted it, the brain cell loss would be actively dangerous.

On Fri, Dec 4, 2020 at 10:07 AM dontcallitbollywood wrote:

• Oh it is PERFECT for that! And hopefully we are all allowed to be mean during the discussion. Fair warning, Sohail Khan was never attractive to me, but oh man has he aged badly! Like really really badly! He might makeUday Chopra look attractive in comparison (and you know my opinions on him). Or maybe it’s just me and you’ll think Sohail is fine.

• I just know I am going to struggle with Neelam’s husband. After his roles in Lajja and Baghban as Worst Person on Earth, I have this instinctive “don’t trust him!” whenever I see his face.

On Fri, Dec 4, 2020 at 10:19 AM dontcallitbollywood wrote:

• Yeah. I feel ya. But I guess he was also the older brother in Vivah and the principal in SOTY 2, so I guess he is not all evil? Not that I am defending him. I have my thoughts on him on this show and they are very mixed.

• So cute! I hope they get to be partners in crime instead of trying to trick each other.

On Fri, Dec 4, 2020 at 9:40 PM dontcallitbollywood wrote:

• Slightly related, last Christmas I had the Christmas radio going and there was a song I was really enjoying. And then I looked it up and it was JUSTIN BIEBER!!!!! How dare he do a catchy fun Christmas song!!!!

On Thu, Dec 3, 2020 at 6:41 PM dontcallitbollywood wrote:

3. I’ll tell you a story about teeth (which a FB friend just told me are called smile bones in her house). Early in the pandemic I realized my smaller son was going to hit a tooth losing stage, and the 10-year-old also had a loose tooth, so I made an expedition to Target and stocked up on tooth fairy toys (inflation, man, I used to get a quarter). Since then, the 7-year-old has lost exactly one tooth, while his brother has dropped eight! I had stocked up mostly on little kid toys, so after the first few we switched to money (in our house the tooth fairy brings money and Ratoncito Pérez brings toys). What’s worse, we installed loft beds, so if he’d buried the tooth deep under his pillow I couldn’t reach from the floor and had to do a spiderman thing climbing over him to deliver the goods.

About 10 days ago, the boys were looking for a device that had been taken away and the small one found some teeth I had stashed in an earring box on my dresser. (They forget to tell parents what you’re supposed to do with the teeth. Not in the manual.) He came in very cocky about how mom and dad were really the tooth fairy. Now, it’s about time for the older one to wise up, but the small one has a lot of teeth left still, it made me sad for him to lose the magic so early. I stalled for time by asking him what he was doing going through my stuff. When he was gone I moved the teeth to a more secure location, and yesterday I decided to see if I could fix this. I got him to bring up the teeth, then told him, all disbelieving to show me where he’d seen these teeth, which were of course not there (“those are earrings, not teeth, are you sure?”). I told him that maybe Ratoncito Pérez had stashed them there for a bit and my son had made him nervous by finding them and now he’d had to move them, but in any case he should be careful because if Ratoncito Pérez thinks he doesn’t believe in him, the mouse won’t bring him toys next time he loses a tooth. He seemed to buy it, but I tell you, this magic thing can be hard work.

• The tooth fairy inflation is insane!!!! My co-worker was explaining about having to have a gift closet for teeth, and she even does a thing where there is a glitter trail from the window to the bed to show where the fairy came in. We just got a quarter. And sometimes nothing, because our parents fell asleep and forgot. Their trick was that we would come downstairs all “wah-wah, the tooth fairy didn’t come”, and they would say “why don’t you have breakfast and then check again?”, and we would fall for it every time and just assume we didn’t see the quarter when we woke up.

I think you handled it beautifully, and 10 is far too young to stop believing in magic. Especially when he has a younger brother, that’s a big responsibility to keep it from him. Although perhap a little disbelief is healthy. My sister and I more or less stayed believing in the tooth fairy until we were teenagers and my Dad got some hydrolic acid for us to do experiments with, and pulled out a jar of teeth for us to try to melt. It was SHOCKING.

On Thu, Dec 3, 2020 at 11:20 PM dontcallitbollywood wrote: