Monday Morning Questions: What Do You Want to Ask Me While I Take a Day Off?

Happy Monday! You know the beauty of the 3 day weekend? It’s not the 3rd day, it’s the first and second days knowing that you have extra time. Anyway, this is my 3rd day, and I am going to go off and do things so I don’t worry about going back to work tomorrow.

This is where you get to ask me anything you want! From “Are you seeing RRR?” to “why is RRR dubbed in so many languages?” Just keep swinging back here all week as you think of new questions!

Now, question for you! A practical one. I am doing a ton of adult coloring books and now I have way too many colored in sheets of paper. My display area is covered already, any suggestions on what to do with them all?

30 thoughts on “Monday Morning Questions: What Do You Want to Ask Me While I Take a Day Off?

1. Gift wrap? Greeting cards? Take a picture of each one, recycle/reuse the actual paper, and use the file of digital pictures as a screensaver/wallpaper for your devices?

2. How is Albie doing?

And is there any upcoming indian movie you are waiting for?
    I found out recently that one of my most loved movies – Dia is being remade in hindi and I just can’t wait. I was already super excited but I just read that one of the original actors will be in this remake so I’m even more impatient. I hope also the telugu remake will hit the streaming soon, because it released months ago and disapeared.

I’m also waiting for Radha Shyam to come to Amazon Prime because I read it will be available from April 1st.

• I just read the summary of Dia and wow that ending sounds depressing. Have you seen Andala Rakshasi? It’s a Telugu movie made by Hanu Raghavapudi that sounds similar to this and I feel like that you might enjoy it.

• Dia’s ending is indeed very depressing but also unforgetable, moving and very in harmony with the mood of the movie. I love this film because it’s a roller coaster of emotions. It makes you cry, laugh, fall in love and feel heartbroken many times. They don’t make movies like that anymore.

Thank you for recommendation. I’ve never heard about Andala Rakshasi but it really looks like my cup of tea. I think it’s time to buy AHA subscription.

• Hmm, I saw the trailer and it looks really good so I may check it out one day if I want to cry.

I haven’t seen it in a long time but I still enjoy a couple of the songs from Andala Rakshasi. I think the movie might also be on Prime but I don’t know.

• Albie is almost 100%. He’s eating normal and acting normal, the only difference is how long he wants to walk. It’s a little longer everyday but still not quite back to the incredibly long walks he wanted before.

I’ve completely lost track of what movies are releasing and when!!! I am sure there is something I am/would be excited about, I just don’t even know what it is. I saw trailers at RRR for all kinds of movies that I had no idea existed.

On Mon, Mar 28, 2022 at 10:24 AM dontcallitbollywood wrote:

• I’m curious what trailer you have seen.
        Yeah, it’s hard to not be confused by the movies now e.g I was sure Jersey released months ago, and I just read it will relase in April! Or this terrible indian-polish No Means No. It was supposed to be in cinemas last autumn, and it’s still pending. Like nobody will watch this stuff, why wait? Who knows how many nice little movies has been lost in all this mess.

• I saw a trailer for a new Varun Tej movie, he is a boxer? And some superhero thing.

On Tue, Mar 29, 2022 at 8:33 AM dontcallitbollywood wrote:

3. What language are you planning on seeing RRR in? Also have you heard any of the songs from it?

I saw it and really loved it but it definitely isn’t better than Baahubali 2 or Eega.

• I saw it in Telugu based on showtimes. I almost wish I saw it in Hindi just because then I would have a better sense of what the subtitles got wrong. But on the other hand, it was nice that everyone’s lips matched up.

I had only heard/seen the end credit song before I watched the movie. The soundtrack was pretty great, but not necessarily The Best.

On Mon, Mar 28, 2022 at 10:39 AM dontcallitbollywood wrote:

• Lol, Hindi for the next watch? 🙂

I felt that this was Rajamouli’s weakest soundtrack since maybe Vikramarkudu which came out way back in 2006. I didn’t care much for Baahubali 1’s soundtrack much pre release but I felt that those songs worked a lot better in context of the movie compared to RRR’s songs.

• OMG! So in another 5 years, part 2? And 5 years after that, part 3? With Ranbir using a walker?

On Tue, Mar 29, 2022 at 4:28 AM dontcallitbollywood wrote:

• Long time ago I was sure they finished filming and it’s the post production and all CGI that is taking time. Then they were saying only one of two scenes must be added. Months (or years I’m not even sure anymore!) passed and here we are discovering they have spent 5 years making one movie. And there is still “last lap” to do!
      I don’t care about the film, but I would pay a lot to read a book with all the gossip and information about what really happened on set and what Karan and other people involved think about this movie, Ayan and Ranbir.

• Karan must be tearing his hair out. And if I worked for Dharma, I would be pretty upset too. Imagine having a great idea for, like, an ad film. And being told “we’re sorry, but we don’t have the budget for your profitable department because all our profits are being sent over to Brahmastra”.

On Tue, Mar 29, 2022 at 6:06 AM dontcallitbollywood wrote:

• No thoughts! I generally avoid the more “patriotic” movies, both seeing them and reading coverage. BUT! You should absolutely watch RRR! It’s sooooooooooooooo fun.

On Tue, Mar 29, 2022 at 7:05 AM dontcallitbollywood wrote:

• OH! I like that idea!!!! The picture book one. And he’s 2, he doesn’t need much of a story.

On Thu, Mar 31, 2022 at 3:33 AM dontcallitbollywood wrote:

4. Q: my new boss is driving from Chicago to Wyoming tomorrow. She likes true crime podcasts. Are there any you would particularly recommend? What about that nuns and llamas one? Or any of the non-typical conman or murderer types?

• Oh I have SO MANY!!! The Opportunist, Twin Flames, The Gateway, Uncovered, Over My Dead Body. The Llama cult one is “Smoke Screen: Fake Priest”. Dr. Death, Devil in the Valley, and of course Dirty John. Oh,a nd hte Australian one Teacher’s Pet is so good it is no longer available in Australia because now there’s an actual murder trial based on the investigation.

On Thu, Mar 31, 2022 at 2:31 PM dontcallitbollywood wrote: