Raveena! Not remembered as much today as some of the other 90s actresses, but still worth a dozen reasons to love her on her birthday.
1.1. I love you because you made your debut as a teenager, in the good old-fashioned tradition, taking the chance first and counting on training to come later.
2. I love you because you took a few years off between the first film and the others, some time to grow up.
3. I love you because you came back with a blast, 7 films in 1993.
4. I love you because one of those films was Parampara, which was gosh awful, but you were in there working as hard as you could to make it work!
5. I love you because you worked just as hard in a much better movie with Aamir the next year, Andaz Apna Apna.
6. I love you because you somehow made Naseeruddin Shah sexy.
7. I love you because you took a sudden career veer in 2000, from being the sexy heroine in popular films, you switched gears to looking for more art roles and finding success in them.
8. I love you because you adopted two little girls, age 11 and 8, when you were at the top of your 90s success.
9. I love you because after a very high profile romance with a top actor, you passed up on glamour and picked substance, marrying a respected film distributor.
10. I love you because before you went artsy, you were in one of my favorite 90s SRK films.
11. I love you because even after you went artsy, you weren’t too proud to do an item song cameo.
- 12. And finally, I love you forever and ever for taking part in this ridiculous song in the ridiculously wonderful movie Main Khiladi Tu Anari.