Boy, after not much happening in October, the birthdays are coming fast and furious in November! Anyway, I can’t ignore Tabu!
1.1. I love you because you are a niece of Shabana Azmi and Javed Akhtar, but you don’t make a big deal about it.
2. I love you because you had a normal upbringing, child of divorced parents, before deciding to be an actress because it was your calling, not out of desperation or because you were born to it.
3. I love you because it took you a good long while to get noticed, starting with bit parts as a teenager, moving on to some flop films, and finally getting that big break film.
4. I love you because you found critical success and popular success with the same film, Maachis.
5. I love you because you stayed in touch with the southern industries, starring in a hit film with Nagarjuna at the same time you were a star in the Hindi industry.
6. I love you because at the same time you were doing serious dramas, you also played a ridiculous role in a ridiculous film, Biwi No.1.
7. I love you because you are one of the few Indian actors to crossover to American film, and you happily crossed right back after The Namesake came out, not interested in chasing American fame.
8. I love you because you have successfully navigated life as an unmarried woman, now firmly past the standard marital age and with no issues about it.
9. I love you because you have chosen to move on to “parent” roles rather than keep chasing the heroine parts that are no longer being offered.
10. I love you because before you moved on to parent roles, you were part of one of the all time great comedies of Indian film.
11. I love you because that same year you played one of your first great “mother” roles, in Astitva as a married woman with a grown son who flashes back to her earlier years of marriage.
12. And finally, I love you because you ALMOST managed to save Fitoor single-handedly.