Dog Names Post! Be Ready to Be Brilliant!

Well, I’m stumped. The little guy is still nameless, and I need something to yell at him when he has to come. I need help!

First, photo gallery for inspiration.

Now that you have seen pictures, what are your name feelings?

Jack

Alfie

Bobby

Frankie

Raj

Bubba (current name)

Or, anything else?

30 thoughts on “Dog Names Post! Be Ready to Be Brilliant!

• My only concern is that the naughtiest boy I ever had in Sunday School is named “Oscar”. Will I be more angry at the dog because of what Human Oscar has done? Or more angry at Human Oscar because of what Dog Oscar has done?

On Fri, Mar 1, 2019 at 10:46 AM dontcallitbollywood wrote:

• He moved up to youth group now that he is 12, but I still see him most Sundays. He is quite the church character. Very serious and mature when with the adults, completely out of control when with the kids, literally jumping off walls. Well, built in cabinets. Still not good.

On Fri, Mar 1, 2019 at 11:00 AM dontcallitbollywood wrote:

1. Yesterday when I saw your new dog first photo I thought he reminds me Ram Charan. So how about Harsha (Ram’s character in Magadheera). The name means: joy / hapiness, (and in longer form Harshwardhan – one who increases joy, happiness) Isn’t it perfect? And it’s not that difficult to yell in the park, or on the street.
    And if not Harsha, I liked Jack, because I think this name suits him.

• Harsha is pretty good! Now I am thinking about “happiness” words. There’s also “Khushi”. And in German, “Frohe”. Or I suppose, just “Happy” in English.

On Fri, Mar 1, 2019 at 11:01 AM dontcallitbollywood wrote:

2. `
    I like a hard T or K at the end of dog names so it’s better for calling (and reprimands). Of course, all the dogs I’ve every had did not follow that rule . . .

How about Schatzi? Or is that strictly feminine. Or Dirk!

• Yeah, Schatzi definitely seems feminine. Shot would be male, but is kind of an odd name.

On Fri, Mar 1, 2019 at 11:08 AM dontcallitbollywood wrote:

• And also good for angry yelling. “Hazel” was more of a croony name, but then she was also a dog that spent more time being crooned at than yelled at.

On Fri, Mar 1, 2019 at 11:17 AM dontcallitbollywood wrote:

3. I’m a big fan of human names for pets, so your list makes me happy! Please don’t name him Arjun, haha, it’s my husband’s name (I know, very selfish) Jake is a cute name. Rosco also pops into my head.

4. In our family we like to name our dogs either after favorite characters (a pair of Boxers got Wash and Zoe in honor of Serenity) or after characteristics (another Boxer got Daffy). He looks like he’s always ready to ask a question. Which I looked up and is “savaal” in Hindi (if the translator got it right?). Just a thought. Or maybe “What?” … in Hindi, natch. 🙂

5. Looking at him, I get a “B” as the first letter and an “u” as the last one…like in Bantu or Bablu…but there is also a Jack-o in my mind…

• Oh, Jack-o might be good! I have some folks in my life saying “ew, a human name for a dog?” but adding the “o” would get around that.

On Fri, Mar 1, 2019 at 2:42 PM dontcallitbollywood wrote:

6. He’s adorable :). He looks inquisitive! I’m getting a gumshoe/private eye vibe.

Sam
    Mickey
    Marlowe
    Charlie
    Harry
    Bogart (Bogie for short)

7. Oh, he is so lovely and lively! Marvelous ears; understanding eyes. You two are destined. I must have sorted through a hundred esoteric names for my latest pound puppy. After about a week of, “Here, Horus! Here, Merlin! Here, Jah Rule! Here Serengeti! I ended up with, “Here, Buddy!” How pedestrian can you get? But it fits. Congratulations

• Thank you! I was considering Buddy. I’m still lost with a name, but “doggie” seems to be working okay for now. As in “Doggie! Stop that!”

On Sat, Mar 2, 2019 at 12:23 PM dontcallitbollywood wrote: