TGIF: Pick Your Favorite Juhi Chawla Anarkali!

Hey, a real TGIF! In honor of Juhi week, lets look at lots and lots of pictures. Pictures are fun, pictures are easy, pictures are something I can do between many many work phone calls (4 co-workers are at a conference, one is home sick, one is home moving house, and one is here with me trying to handle the entire office on our own. Oh, and Albie Dog is here, trying to be helpful).

Juhi is one of those wise people who found the look that worked for her and just stuck with it. If it is a formal event, chances are you will see Juhi in an Anarkali with her hair down in curls. But she always looks great!

Green for a magazine shoot

Pretty in yellow

Formal for a wedding

Orange! I love orange!

Image result for juhi chawla anarkali

Hey look, she pulled her hair back for once!

Slightly casual in white

More casual

Pink!

An Amazing blue

Stunning teal

Pretty light pink

Oh my gosh the red!

Different kind of red

And another red!

Back to pink

Ooo! Pretty roses embroidery

Image result for juhi chawla anarkali

Okay, I could go on and on, but I am going to force myself to stop here and give us three questions to consider:

Which of these do you want for yourself?

I like orange, so I want this one

Image result for juhi chawla anarkali

Which of these do you think is most beautiful?

As a pure work of art, I love the embroidery on this one

Image result for juhi chawla anarkali

Which of these do you think Juhi looks best in?

Gotta go with the deep red. It’s spectacular

Image result for juhi chawla anarkali

30 thoughts on “TGIF: Pick Your Favorite Juhi Chawla Anarkali!

1. Amazing blue for me!
    Best of those for Juhi would be in my eyes the wedding one…and the most beautiful is the white with roses embroidery.
    Such a beautiful woman…wow!

May your next week be more relaxed!

• I am so tempted by the amazing blue, but I think it would be slightly off from my skin tone in a bad way. But that two tone in the silk is so lovely.

Juhi is someone who can really wear heavy jewelry and heavy embroidery, her hair is so lush and her face so vibrant that even heavy jewelry doesn’t overshadow her. I couldn’t wear that wedding outfit at all, but it looks wonderful on her.

The pretty roses outfit is so pretty! Do yout hink it is hand embroidery or machine?

On Fri, Nov 15, 2019 at 11:38 AM dontcallitbollywood wrote:

• Ha, ha, no idea! what I can see is lovely no matter if by hand or by machine.
        this blue would fit me, like the pale green one, too (which I also like very much).
        I can’t remember one outfit of Juhi that I didn’t like. (although I have to admit, that I’m not really being very attentive to fashion and outfits.

• I think Juhi has really lovely taste, and a good idea of what looks good on her. It’s that second which is hardest for public figures, I think, the temptation to buy something because it makes a statement, or is beautiful on its own, and you forget that you also have to look good in it.

On Fri, Nov 15, 2019 at 11:55 AM dontcallitbollywood wrote:

2. Hair pulled back for me!! I love all the fun colors and it makes me wish I could have my henna and sangeet over again. It would be perfect for that occasion.

Most beautiful: the formal green one. I love the dress and the jewelry. It’s all stunning.

The one Juhi looks best in: good lord yes the to the deep red one!! It is stunning on her!

Honorable mention: Back to Pink. It is really beautiful designed and worn by her.

• I was tempted by the hair pulled back one, but then accepted the reality that I will never be able to pull it off.

The Back to Pink one is so deceptively simple, but if it went wrong at all either in how she wore it or how it was designed and fit, it wouldn’t work.

On Fri, Nov 15, 2019 at 1:04 PM dontcallitbollywood wrote:

• I love Juhi with either her curly hair or with her hair pulled back. I am not a fan of her in straight hair. I think it has something to do with how I remember her as a child.

I love that she has no jewelry in the Back to Pink and yet the way she wears the dress showcases her beauty perfectly. I love the sparkly silver detailing in the dress and the sparkly shoes. If the Hair Pulled Back multi-color dress wasn’t so unique and amazing, I would have picked the BTP for me.

• Oh please, Silver Haired Anil was clearly the best possible option in Ek Ladki, even better than Rajkummar or the Ladies.

On Fri, Nov 15, 2019 at 1:24 PM dontcallitbollywood wrote:

• I’m sorry, Daddy!Anil is clearly end game (he likes to cook! It takes him only 50 minutes to throw off beliefs of a lifetime and accept his lesbian daughter, daughter-in-law, and reject his jerk son!). But I will accept that Juhi as a Delhi bisexual who had an affair with Regina Cassandra, than moved on to Rajkummar, and finally has her happy ending with Daddy!Anil.

On Sat, Nov 16, 2019 at 2:45 AM dontcallitbollywood wrote:

3. The most beautiful and the one I would like is Stunning teal.
    Juhi looks the best in the one with roses embroidery. I don’t like the cut and fabric of the deep red you chose, but I agree that color suits Juhi.

• She can carry off color so well! On another woman, her face would end up all washed out.

On Fri, Nov 15, 2019 at 2:52 PM dontcallitbollywood wrote:

4. Here’s another one where I started to post and somehow lost it. I think it has something to do with using the app and then trying to go back and look at the original post especially when it comes to photos! My top one would be “back to pink” and second would be the one with her hair pulled back. That’s in terms of what looks great on her. For me I love the one with her hair pulled back and also the formal wedding look. There is a connection between those two for me and it’s the reason that I don’t often wear Anarkalis. I like when something has a vertical line on it because it draws the eye up-and-down and some are cut so that somebody like Juhi (or me) who has good curves is not gonna look as great. I think it’s more flattering when there’s some sort of vertical line and not an empire waist or something that just kind of goes straight down from the bustline or flares from the bust line without anything else defining it.

• While celebrating Juhi week and watching all those movies, I was really struck by how different she looks with the intimacy of a movie camera versus the posed red carpet. She has a great figure for a sari, only you need to see her in movement and from multiple angles to appreciate it. I can see why she picks Anarkalis for public appearances, but goes more fitted or else with a sari for movies.

On Fri, Nov 15, 2019 at 5:15 PM dontcallitbollywood wrote:

5. The first pink one is not an anarkali but seems a sharara bottom. Also can’t tell if the teal one is embroidered? Or is it it a metallic print? Anyway it’s beautiful.

6. My favorites are the fancy wedding one, the white, and the third red one. She looks gorgeous most of the time, but those are another level. I’d choose the wedding one for me, just for the pleasure of trying it on. I couldn’t pull off most of the colors she wears.

• I despair of being able to wear the Indian clothing color palette. My closet is a nice collection of browns and dark blues and I don’t even think of that as a problem until I look at photos like these.

On Fri, Nov 15, 2019 at 10:12 PM dontcallitbollywood wrote:

7. I think she looks best in the casual white one. She can certainly pull off heavy jewelry, but she also looks great in this simple look. I’m tempted with that one for me—comfy!—but wine red is my color so I like that one. The most beautiful is the multicoloured with the hair back.

8. I always think she looks especially good in green, and I think the deep green wedding outfit is probably my fave. But so many of these are really pretty and well fitted–I also really like the creamy one with black and red trim. I love how much Juhi looks her age in public appearances–SO elegant.

• Yes! She has always dressed her age, when she was young she wasn’t afraid to dress young (no make up or hair or mature clothing), and now she dresses like a very pretty and elegant middle-aged mother of two.

On Thu, Nov 21, 2019 at 8:51 AM dontcallitbollywood wrote: