Yes, it is the wonderful Week of Sid!!!! Which means we get to pick a Sid M. movie to watch and be happy together.

First question, is Friday afternoon or Saturday morning better for people this week?

Second question, which Sid M. movie should we watch FOR HIS BIRTHDAY???

I’m really open to anything, he is so pretty that I will enjoy watching him no matter what he is doing. Although fair warning, if we do Hasee To Phasee, I WILL be doing a bit of a hate-watch. There are several plot points in that that I just can’t get passed.

I will just remind you that we have already done an A Gentleman watchalong twice and SOTY once. Doesn’t mean we can’t do them again, but a gentle reminder. Oh, and Aiyaary is one of the stupidest movies I have ever seen in my life.

But mostly, Let’s Celebrate SID!!!!

Best Malhotra GIFs | Gfycat
Sidharth Malhotra #GIF #Fashion #Style #Hot #Bollywood #India # SidharthMalhotra | Bollywood actors, Actors, Bollywood
Siddharth Malhotra GIF - SiddharthMalhotra SidharthMalhotra - Discover &  Share GIFs

23 thoughts on “Friday WatchAlong: Friday or Saturday? And What Should We Watch for Sid. M Week???

1. Despite my only being there for half of it, Friday is probably still the best time. I miiight be able to do Saturday though.

I was there for SOTY so don’t need to see it again, I will watch A Gentleman but I mean, three times is a bit much. Angie liked Marjaavan didn’t she? I’ll watch that. Jabariya Jodi was alright in my memory but I don’t think I need to see it again. I also have not seen the new Ittefaq, wouldn’t mind that as an option.

Look at me, full of opinions!

• Baar Baar Dekho is fun, good songs, and happy ending. Not a great movie, but fun.

On Tue, Jan 12, 2021 at 10:33 AM dontcallitbollywood wrote:

• Only if we watch it the way I watch it, with ever increasing hatred of Ratna Pathak, Worst Mother in History.

On Tue, Jan 12, 2021 at 11:54 AM dontcallitbollywood wrote:

2. I am fine with you hate-watching Hasee Toh Phasee. That movie is so problematic, and yet, the chemistry between Sid and Pari is so incredible that I am obsessed with it. Plus, I just love all the songs in it. I would also be up for watching Kapoor and Sons (and hating on Ratna’s character in the movie) and I am always fine with watching A Gentleman and SOTY again. I would probably not be up for Marjaavan or Ek Villian because booo sadness!

Friday and Saturday both work for me. Friday just means that as usual, I will likely be between 30 minutes to an hour late.

• Ratna is SO TERRIBLE!!!! Her husband is pretty bad too, but Ratna is SO TERRIBLE. And Sid is a SAINT.

On Tue, Jan 12, 2021 at 12:58 PM dontcallitbollywood wrote:

• Her husband is terrible to her but he doesn’t seem like a terrible father. I mean neither are stellar parents but Ratna is actively a bad mother to both her children!

• True, he’s kind of an absent father, and his bad behavior as a husband has a secondary effect on his parenting. But MAN! Ratna is just the WORST!!! And she of course is the one who gets everything she wants at the end, including forgiveness from her children. Grrr!!!!

On Tue, Jan 12, 2021 at 2:03 PM dontcallitbollywood wrote:

• Exactly! Usually it’s the father that gets everything he wants including forgiveness, so I guess it is nice that this time it is the mother. But she does not deserve it but I guess neither do any of the fathers usually.

• She deserves for Sid and Fawad and Alia and Fawad’s partner to move into Alia’s house down the road and be happy and loving and kind to each other and never speak to her for the rest of her life.

• Maybe they can also befriend her husband’s mistress? Who seemed like a better mother figure to them than she did.

On Tue, Jan 12, 2021 at 2:29 PM dontcallitbollywood wrote:

3. MY BOY!!!

Can I give my opinions on all his movies?

– SOTY – I have gone on and on about how much I love this movie. Will always rewatch.
    – Hasee Toh Phasee – Also love this. I would watch it and for the most part would not be a hate watch for me.
    – Ek Villain – A great movie. Probably not appropriate for a watchalong though.
    – Brothers – Have not seen. Also boo Akshay, so no.
    – Kapoor & Sons – This movie made me cry so maybe not watchalong material even though I love it
    – Baar Baar Dekho – I haven’t seen it and I really probably should. I always hesitate with movies I haven’t seen for watchalongs though
    – A Gentleman – Love it, but I don’t think I have anything additional to say for another watchalong
    – Ittefaq – See Baar Baar Dekho
    – Aiyaary – Waste of time
    – Jabariya Jodi – This movie gave me a headache. I kinda wanna watch it again to find something redeeming about it besides the music, but I don’t know.
    – Marjaavaan – I would only watch this again for a hate watch. I might drink if this is what we go with.

Also I think I’ll be good either Friday or Saturday. No plans except Saturday night.

• Of course you can give your opinion on all his movies! It is VITALLY IMPORTANT!!!

Also, this is terrible, nobody picked the same thing! And in fact, multiple people had direct conflicts. filmikudhi says Hasee To Phasee or Kapoor & Sons, you say Hasee To Phasee and maybe Baar Baar Dekho. Rachel said Kapoor & Sons. Popka said Marjaavan. And Angie said Baar Baar Dekho.

I think what we have learned from all this is that the DCIB community has surprisingly strong opinions on Sid M movies!!!!

On Tue, Jan 12, 2021 at 2:29 PM dontcallitbollywood wrote:

• Not sure if this helps or makes it worse, but I’d watch any of those.

Sid is just that powerful. His movies elicit such strong reactions because his movies are either amazing or horrible. There is no in between.

• Oh same with Jabariya Jodi. I will literally watch anything besides El Villian and Marjaavan. I know you are not going to pick Brothers so I don’t even need to give my opinion on it. And yes, Aiyaary is stupid.

4. Hasee Toh Phasee or Jabariya Jodi. HTP – He was really good, and seemed to have the more passive role. Parineeti did the wooing, but he had the trickier part. And Sharat Saxena as the dad was the best!!
    Jabariya – He was good, even if the movie was only so-so

5. Saturday is a bit better for me, though then I always run the risk of sleeping though it. But this week Spouse is on quarantine (3rd time), has to teach classes while at home with three active kids, and me taking two computers to watch a movie in the middle of the day might not gain me any love. Yeah this week Saturday is better. I don’t want to see SOTY again, but any other Sid movie is good.