Worst Teachers in Indian Film

Thank you Emily for the idea! I am going to start with all I can think of, feel free to argue for your least favorite from my list, or make nominations of your own!

Rishi Kapoor, Student of the Year

A dance competition for an Ivy League scholarship? Yes! This is crazy!

I told Karan he cannot call me Chintu uncle: Rishi Kapoor | Hindi Movie  News - Times of India

All Teachers, Student of the Year 2

Tiger is almost BEATEN TO DEATH on school grounds and no teacher ever shows up!!!!

Student Of The Year 2 Fight Scene (Turning Point For Tiger Shroff) Must  Watch HD

Shahrukh Khan, Mohabbatein

Perhaps a music teacher should teach, you know, MUSIC!!!

Wahiyat Wednesday: Shah Rukh Khan aka Raj Aryan Malhotra cheated us in  Mohabattein. Here's why - Movies News

Amitabh Bachchan, Mohabbatein

Maybe loosen up a bit? And let your students sit down during assemblies?

Mohabbatein' is special for many reasons: Amitabh Bachchan on 20 years of  film

Miss Braganza, Kuch Kuch Hota Hai

Teaching Romeo and Juliet by asking kids to give a definition of love? Lame!

Archana Puran Singh's 'Miss 'Braganza' Has A Message For Anupam Kher's  'Malhotra'

Suniel Shetty, Main Hoon Na

He does actually teach things, which is better than everyone else on this list, but he also is trying to kill one of his students. A mixed bag.

rediff.com: Main Hoon Na: A preview

Sushmita Sen, Main Hoon Na

Really? A bikini top? To teach?

This Teacher's Day we celebrate Bollywood's most stylish teachers

Sai Pallavi, Premam

Starting an affair with one of your students? NO!!!

Sai Pallavi Premam: Alphonse said I look beautiful with pimples - Times of  India

Who’s your vote for Worst on this list? Who do you want to defend? Who do you want to nominate?

21 thoughts on “Worst Teachers in Indian Film

1. The worst is Vijay in Master, loved by his students but always drunk and half asleep. He is also responsible for death of some of his pupils.
    The worst from your list – SRK in Mohabbatein.
    The best – Sushmita

• Vijay is the worst teacher! The whole getting your students killed thing puts him over the top. On the other hand his speech about letting them learn about democracy in a safe and supported setting, that was sound (at least before the riot broke out). I guess I’ll give him a tie with Suniel Shetty. Murderous but better pedagogy than the others.

For pure well meaning incompetence, Zaheer Iqbal in Notebook. I would put him in the same category as Miss Braganza, except his students are younger and in more precarious circumstances so he loses extra points.

• But on the other hand, it was literally Zaheer or nothing. The school was gonna be shut down. So maybe he was a bad teacher, but he was a good person?

On Thu, Jun 10, 2021 at 11:22 PM dontcallitbollywood wrote:

2. Mohabbatein SRK is the WORST. Yes, he helps one kid get a job etc., but all of these kids are POOR. rebel in a few years and don’t use these poor kids and their futures for your vendetta.

Also he does not seem like a good violin player. He COULD be someone in admin, like Student Life or something but not a teacher.

• He would be GREAT in Student Life. Terrible in actually teaching. Also, did that school have a Student Life person? Or any other teachers at all really? Seemed like Amitabh got to just run rough shod over the kids with no one to keep him in check.

On Thu, Jun 10, 2021 at 2:28 PM dontcallitbollywood wrote:

3. The teachers in Taare Zameen Paar in the school that the boy went to before he went to the private school where he was then taught by Aamir Khan who recognised the boy’s dyslexia.

And the teacher in Raees who thwacked and belittled Raees because he couldn’t read the blackboard because he needed specs.

• Yes, these are terrible! And I was thinking Aamir in TZP should get his own category as most…elvish? I don’t know that what he does is teaching exactly either but at least he cares. In Three Idiots, on the other hand, that does seem like a fun school where kids could actually learn something.

• Yes! BAD TEACHERS!!!! Teachers should be the first people to identify issues, not the ones to blame the kid for them.

On Thu, Jun 10, 2021 at 7:44 PM dontcallitbollywood wrote:

4. Boman Irani as Virus in Three Idiots should be on this list. Driving your students to suicide has to be up there with worst possible teacher sins. I guess he’s with Amitabh in that respect.

Also not sure it’s fair to nominate Sushmita for her wardrobe, and not Satish Shah for showering everyone in spit.

For best teacher on this list, Sai. I really believed her as a smart and competent professor. Sleeping with your student is not acceptable but she got thoroughly punished for that.

Hoping Courtney weighs in :).

• I will nominate Satish as well I guess. Although at least his spit seemed to be unconscious, while Sush made a choice to wear those clothes.

I want to hear from Our Miss Braganza! Possibly in defense of Fictional Miss Braganza!

On Thu, Jun 10, 2021 at 11:32 PM dontcallitbollywood wrote:

5. The affair with the student tops the list of terrors. But you left out the teacher who hits the little girls hands for lying for her friend, and then the friend comes back and shoots the teacher. I remember that and That I’m immune to Harsh Kapoor’s charms from that film, I don’t even remember the films title.

• Mirzya! And what I remember is that we ALL TOLD YOU to cover your kids’ eyes before that bit, but you were out of sync and missed the warning.

On Fri, Jun 11, 2021 at 12:09 AM dontcallitbollywood wrote:

6. Hey, Miss Braganza was fine! She was fun and interesting and defied the stupid sexist dress code!

I vote for Manoj Bajpayee in Arakshan as worst teacher ever for spending much more time trying to steal students from Amitabh Bachchan than actually teaching. (This is one of the few Manoj performances I don’t really like, so this might be heightening my hostility).

• If we are talking teaching and caste issues, I think we have to say that Drona who made Eklavya cut off his thumb is the WORST teacher. Although I don’t think that has been in a film yet.

On Sat, Jun 12, 2021 at 6:51 AM dontcallitbollywood wrote: