A year ago there was no post for Ayushmann, because I hadn’t even seen one of his movies. And them, in just the past month, I saw two in theaters and I loved them both. So now he gets a post!
1.1. I love you because you have a long rich theater acting background starting with your college days in Delhi. You didn’t just stroll on set because of a handsome face, you put in the effort to learn first.
2. I love you because you came into film sideways. Starting as a radio announcer in Delhi, becoming a TV personality, then a host of a popular satellite show, before finally taking your first film role.
3. I love you because your first role was the classic role that gets you noticed, a film about sperm donation with a first time producer (John Abraham) and a tiny budget, but you took a risk on it and did your best and lucked out.
4. I love you because the big hit song of the film is one you sang yourself, very unusual!
5. I love you because you managed to survive that small human drama being promoted by a ludicrous song.
6. Jumping ahead a bit, I love you for your next film giving us a remix of one of my favorite old songs. No, not “Dhak Dhak”, the other one.
7. I love you for plowing through a series of interesting but ultimately failure films. First Nautanki Saala, remake of the French film After You, which was mostly remembered for remixing “Dhak Dhak” and starting the debate of “disrespectful, or honoring”?
(Personally, I land on finding the dance disrespectful because no one can be Madhuri, but not minding the remix sound)
8. I love you for taking a chance on an odd movie about a man building an unmanned plan in colonial India, Hawaizaada.
9. I love you for taking 3rd place after Rishi and Sonam in Bewakoofiyan, not to mention playing an unemployed man with a successful girlfriend.
10. And I love you for coming out the other side of this era, finally, with Dum Laga Ke Haisha! The small off beat film that actually hit.
(Also, for fully committing to this song)
11. I love you for quickly signing and working on 3 films after that all of which came out in just the past 6 months, and the first of which won my heart.