Saaho Teaser! I Don’t Like the Pants

Well, another “teaser” is out.  I’m not even sure it is long enough to qualify as a teaser.  I’m not sure what exactly this is.  Oh well, Happy Birthday Prabhas and all that, I guess they felt like they should get him something even if they had to kind of scrunge around in the back of the closet to throw it together.

None of this is making me feel confident about Saaho.  It’s already had so many delays, the heroine is Shraddha Kapoor, and now when they absolutely had to release something for Prabhas’ birthday, they did this odd combination of not quite behind the scenes and not quite teaser.

At least half of this is just a quickly edited together bit of cars being prepped and painted and stuff, and the action director saying something.  It’s not even a good behind the scenes, it’s just a fast behind the scenes to pad a minute long teaser.

And then the only bit that’s the actual film is the few seconds of car chase at the beginning, and the slow motion of Prabhas exciting a building and putting on sunglasses at the very end.  Why not just do a little more of the car chase, and then end with the sunglasses?  Why put in the strange not-really-making-of section?

Either they are terrible at making decisions, or the film still isn’t really ready, not even enough to have a good 20 seconds of car chase footage available.

Oh, most importantly, Prabhas’ beard/hair combo looks good, not that overly shaved and trimmed look he can’t really pull off.  But I don’t like the pants one bit.  What is this future style rubber/leather fake motorcycle pants thing?  NO!

26 thoughts on “Saaho Teaser! I Don’t Like the Pants

1. Disagree in CAPS! Of course the makers were putting something out on Prabhas’ birthday cos of the fans’ incessant requests for updates. I think they wanted to show the making part to give out an idea of the effort involved & thus justify the delay in making. It is being called a making series(meaning there will be more)video. I would say it’s s very well cut video checking all the goals it set forth to accomplish that includes giving a glimpse of Prabhas In his swag avatar to the fans. Even Shraddha looks good in the action mode in that nanosecond appearance. I didn’t like the pants either, now that you pointed it out but then there’s so much else to focus on. My hopes for the movie is definitely up after the video.

• I just can’t look past the pants! Maybe because I just watched Darling and have been conditioned to be stunned by Prabhas’ sartorial choices. Does he own anything that is just normal? Or is it all flaps and zippers and strange ties dangling off the side? And WHY????

On Tue, Oct 23, 2018 at 8:48 AM dontcallitbollywood wrote:

• Maybe that’s it, they keep putting him in these strange loose pants and shirts with flaps because they are trying to recreate the look of classical outfits.

I did notice in Darling that he has a shockingly wide collarbone. It’s not just the wide shoulders, it’s the collar bone too, if you put him in fitted collars and shirts you don’t get to admire his nice wide soft collarbone/neck area. See?

On Tue, Oct 23, 2018 at 9:18 AM dontcallitbollywood wrote:

• Love your attention to his anatomy😉Darling us more than a decade old, I would put the weird dressing to the generally poor stylists from those times. I think other than the second half of Mirchi & Baahubali costumes all his filmi outfits should be burnt.

• No, this is left over from Darling when I found myself thinking “For a skinny dude, his chest/collarbone area looks really soft instead of bony”

On Tue, Oct 23, 2018 at 9:39 AM dontcallitbollywood wrote:

2. Happy Birthday Prabhas!!! I’m so excited after watching this bts plus teaser whatever it is. That looks goooooood. I can’t wait to watch Prabhas back on screen *heart eyes*
    Can’t think of anything sensible to say. uh.

3. Hmm I was quite impressed by Shradha’s running. Somehow am getting to be fond of her, or more of the fact that she’s hardworking (hope I won’t be banned from the blog :P). She isn’t the most talented person, but works hard I feel, unlike the likes of Parineeti.
    Oh, and Prabhas – I feel his hair could’ve been shorter. Somehow Prabhas always wears weird pants. Even during Bahubali promotions, he’d do the same thing.

• I think Shraddha is nice and hardworking as well, I just wish she would be nice and hardworking off of my movie screens. Accountancy! Consider it!

Now, I feel like Prabhas’ hair could have been longer. I would always choose longer for him.

And I am going to assume that Prabhas personally just really hates tight pants. But if that’s the case, he should wear Dhotis all the time instead of strange baggy jeans.

4. I loved it! I wasn’t very excited about Saaho but the two teasers that have come out so far look really good to me.

Anyway, are you planning on watching Sujeeth’s first movie sometime before Saaho comes out? It’s called Run Raja Run and it’s pretty fun and interesting movie.

• Maybe! The Diwali/Christmas season is so packed, I’m planning to watch Vijay’s Diwali release, and Gautham Menon’s new film (if it ever comes out), plus Thugs and all the other Hindi stuff. And Varun Tej has some space movie?

On Fri, Oct 26, 2018 at 3:56 PM dontcallitbollywood wrote:

• I mean there’s still a bunch of time until Saaho comes out right? Isn’t it supposed to be out in April 2019 or something like that?

Which one? I think Gautham Menon has like two different movies that are supposed to come out soon. One with Vikram and one with Dhanush. His movies honestly never come out on time so I stopped waiting for them…

Oh yeah! I think it’s supposed to come out for Christmas. Sai Pallavi also has a movie coming out during that time co-starring Sharwanand. It looks really cute!

• Too many movies!!!!!! And all releasing at the same time, just to make things worse. I keep hoping one of the Diwali releases will move back a week and release next weekend, but no luck so far.

On Fri, Oct 26, 2018 at 4:08 PM dontcallitbollywood wrote:

• I have no interest in Thugs or Vijay’s movie so I keep forgetting that they’re coming out soon. I keep wondering why no movies are coming out lately 🙂

I think I’m gonna try to see Savyasachi and then Varun Tej’s movie for sure. Sai Pallavi’s movie will probably have to wait on the reviews and what I hear.

By the way, Vijay Deverakonda’s next Taxiwaala is coming out in November as well. It’s been delayed multiple times and even leaked through piracy so I don’t have much hope for the movie. Maybe I’ll check it out if I have a chance.

• When is Savyasachi coming out? I am obviously seeing it for Maddy, and also to a much much lesser degree for Naga.

On Fri, Oct 26, 2018 at 4:22 PM dontcallitbollywood wrote:

• Actually, I’m not sure but I think it’s next week. I’m such a bad fan! 🙂

Looked it up and it is supposed to come out next week. November 2nd.

• Cool! I won’t see it opening night (obviously, November 2nd is sacred) but it will be a fun thing to catch on Saturday.

On Fri, Oct 26, 2018 at 4:27 PM dontcallitbollywood wrote: