Happy Birthday Sanjay Dutt! Let’s Look at a Bunch of Ridiculous Sanjay Songs!

Happy Birthday Sanjay! I can’t do my traditional “reasons I love you” biographical post, because I’ve already gone so far into your biography, there is nothing left to say. But I can list out a bunch of really really silly songs Sanjay was in to make us smile!

The thing about Sanjay is, he can’t dance. And yet he has amazing screen presence. Somehow he ended up landing in a bunch of really ludicious and yet entertaining songs that did not require him to dance.

I’ll start with something super sexy, and fun, and also brightly colored and 90s somehow. “Choole Choole”

Wanna see Sanjay set his fake arm on fire? You know you do! “Marhaba Marhaba”

A surprisingly cheery intro song for a very dark movie. Being a taxi driver is great fun! “Rehne Ko Char Nahin”

Okay, you HAVE to watch this one!!!! I have no idea what is happening. “Duniya Mein Jeena Hai To”

Daud is just a feast of oddness, but after considering all options, I’ve decided this is the weirdest song, “Shabba Shabba Hai Rabba”

Of course I won’t forget my beloved Dus, and Shilpa’s awesome confident sexy woman outfit, “Chamm Se Wo Aa Jaye”

And then there’s that time Sanjay awkwardly danced with Kylie Minogue, “Chiggy Wiggy”

Remember that time he showed up in the end credits song of his own biopic? That was WEIRD! “Baba Bolta Hain Bas Ho Gaya”

And finally, of course, the best song Sanjay was ever part of, “Choli Ke Peeche”

25 thoughts on “Happy Birthday Sanjay Dutt! Let’s Look at a Bunch of Ridiculous Sanjay Songs!

• I feel the same way about the whole movie! Daud is a strange strange film, and yet has AR Rahman songs and that strange kind of RGV wit to it. And Sanjay and Urmila are way fun together.

On Mon, Jul 29, 2019 at 12:36 PM dontcallitbollywood wrote:

1. I had no idea that was Sanjay in Choli Ke Peeche, mind blown. My husband and I always crack up over his reactions to Madhuri and now it makes a lot more sense!

Sanjay is so incredibly charismatic on screen. Whatever he does, even if it’s basically a cameo like in PK, he is magnetic and you can’t keep your eyes off of him. He was brilliant in Sadak.

• Oh, you have to watch Khalnayak! It’s super entertaining. In fact, I should make that this week’s Friday Classic. Sanjay’s character is supposed to be a little bit crazy in a goofy-yet-scary way. He’s the villain, but he is way way WAY more entertaining and sexy and all that than our boring old police hero Jackie Shroff.

On Mon, Jul 29, 2019 at 2:18 PM dontcallitbollywood wrote:

• Also relevant to Khalnayak! I should totally review it so we can compare Old Sanjay and Old Jackie versus Young Sanjay and Young Jackie.

On Mon, Jul 29, 2019 at 2:25 PM dontcallitbollywood wrote:

• I recognized Sanjay, Manisha, and Jackie. And I recognized the young hero as a wasted space on the screen charisma suck. Really stood out next to the older actors as someone about whom I just did not care, and could not make myself care.

On Mon, Jul 29, 2019 at 2:37 PM dontcallitbollywood wrote:

• The young hero is the key character in the movie, its even screen time for him and sanjay character in telugu original; hopefully they do the same now too; sarvanand was the hero in original and he was intense in that role.

• Looks like the young hero is Ali Faizel, who I have seen in two things and I stick by my description of “charisma suck”. He’s fine, but not outstanding.

On Mon, Jul 29, 2019 at 2:59 PM dontcallitbollywood wrote:

2. U forgot saki saki.
    What a screen presence he had in the song.
    He barely danced bt still hw hot he was looking.
    Still a fan favourite 2 of the defining songs of sunidhi and sukhi jis career..
    I feel angry at hw much tanish bakchi butchered the song.
    Can’t tswries leave the classics as it is.

• I debated Munna Bhai, but decided everyone probably already knew those and I wanted some lessor known stuff.

On Tue, Jul 30, 2019 at 8:10 AM dontcallitbollywood wrote: