Woo-hoo, discussion post!!!! I love discussion posts. Because then you all DISCUSS! While I maybe go back and take another nap after a weird exhausting weekend.

Okay, you know how you think “I could never be with a guy who wasn’t funny, or smart, or ambitious, or hard working” and then you look at Hrithik and think “okay, forget all that, somehow I am still attracted to Hrithik”?

Who is your most extreme “I wouldn’t normally like him at all but somehow I find him attractive” Indian movie star?

I’m gonna go PRABHAS! He likes to laze around with his bros, drink, make decisions based on what is easiest, and not really talk ever. In reality, he would drive me (a person who doesn’t drink and enjoys lots and lots of conversation, as well as challenging myself and overthinking things), CRAZY! But he’s just so cute onscreen and in interviews, I love him anyway.

Image result for prabhas casual

30 thoughts on “Discussion Post: What Actor Is Your Most Extreme “I Wouldn’t Be in to Him in Real Life, But I Love Him Onscreen” Guy?

1. I think, for me it will be Kartik Aaryan. I feel he has a good screen presence and is a competent actor IMO. I like watching him on screen even though I have seen people questioning his acting talent . But I have problems with the kind of films he does and despite the fact that he comes across as a good person in interviews, he doesn’t seem well-read. Which is why I won’t be into him in real life.

• Interesting choice! I think I can agree with it. I also like him onscreen and think he is a better actor than he gets credit for, but what little I have seen of him in real life hasn’t impressed me.

2. Oh this is easy. Hrithik – obviously! Way too needy with very clear daddy issues in real life, yet so incredibly beautiful on screen! Also, I think Aditya Roy Kapur. I think he would be fun to hang out with for the evening and have as a hot friend, but I don’t think I would ever want to actually be in a relationship with him. No real ambition, way too laid back, and just sort of lets things happen around him.

3. Honestly, with most actors I know I’d hate them in real life, or at least be so bored I’d have to excuse myself from talking to them within 10 minutes. At best I’d have to have sex with them immediately so I wouldn’t have to listen to them talk.

IDK who I’d actually be attracted to to the point of wanting a relationship with them, beyond like Zeenat Aman. She can be my one and only choice lol.

• Wait, what’s wrong with Unni? I thought he was your perfect man? Only problem for me is that his boobs are too big for my taste, but I know that doesn’t bother me.

On Mon, Mar 16, 2020 at 11:10 AM dontcallitbollywood wrote:

• First he had this molestation case. I think that he was innocent, and in fact, if I understood well, the court also said that (that’s why I keep crushing on him). But this odd feeling in me remained.
        I also read some of his old interviews about marriage and stuff and I didn’t like what he said.

P.S Maddy is (or was, I’m not sure) my perfect man.

• I suppose the other version of this post is “what dude would you not find attractive at all, but his real life personality makes you love him?” There are many in the “personality isn’t great, but HOT” category, and many in the “personality is great, but not hot” category, but the “hot, and great personality” is rare. You should cherish Maddy!

On Mon, Mar 16, 2020 at 11:54 AM dontcallitbollywood wrote:

4. I am totally with you on Prabhas. I love his films and his character in them but, in real life, he kind of seems lost. Like he should have everything scripted. He seems too shy to appear to advantage in real life. He’s still beautiful, just a little lame..

5. For me this would be Shahid. I love watching him and I have serious respect for him as an actor, but in interviews he seems vain and self-absorbed (like most movie stars, I’m with Popka on that one).

6. Shiney Ahuja. I don’t love him onscreen because I’ve never seen a movie of his fully but I’ve seen parts of Gangster and I’ve seen some of his songs from other films and he has an attractive manly presence. too bad he is gross in real life and molested his maid.

Also yeah maybe Karthik Aryan. Again don’t love him onscreen but he was likeable in Pati Patni Aur Woh (only film I’ve seen of his) but he seems a bit slow in interviews. Nice but not super well spoken. I wonder what him and Sara Ali Khan talk about. But then again I think her “super intellectual” image is a bit overdone. I can kind of see the way her pr time had crafted this image for her so carefully. She’s educated and opinionated and all that but I think the audience seems to think she’s super intelligent simply because she speaks English well and is diplomatic and wordy. But then again I don’t really know her and have only seen a few interviews so who knows lol

I would say the not being attractive in real life thing is true for many male celebrities to be honest, for me. Because I don’t like guys who are too aware of their looks and posting a lot of selfies and photoshoot pics on instagram. It just seems feminine. I know that’s kinda mean but can’t help it. I don’t like guys are too aware of their looks. So there are a lot of actors I don’t mind onscreen like Shahid Kapoor and all but in real life they seem a bit vain. Their characters are more attractive. But I don’t mind some of SRK’s selfies hahaha

• Well, you’d have to be a bit vain, right? Otherwise why would you want to be a movie star? At least that is what I think. And by that standard, basically all of them are unattractive in real life. Oh well.

On Tue, Mar 17, 2020 at 12:59 AM dontcallitbollywood wrote:

7. Dare I say…SRK? He smokes nonstop, is a nightowl and a workaholic. And he is always late.
    He describes himself as jealous and possessive. He also seems to have a lot of emotional issues, not seeming to have moved on from the loss of his parents after some 30-40 years. He’s really smart, well read and a good conversationist, so I’d enjoy talking with him, but any kind of relationship would drive me nuts!

• Agree! Except, I think I would still be attracted to him in real life. The smart and witty part of it would work for me. I just wouldn’t want a relationship.

On Tue, Mar 17, 2020 at 2:47 AM dontcallitbollywood wrote:

8. It pains me to say this, but I don’t think I’d like Rani in real life. She seems like the archetype of the woman who gets ahead by “not being like any of those other girls”. Not to take away from her enormous talent, her looks and grace, her unique voice, etc, but she has also, throughout her career, attached to powerful men to get ahead. Also not to take away from her and Adi’s marriage at all.

On screen though, I can watch her all day.

On dark days, I wonder if Prithviraj is as nice inside as he is outside. He comes across as a really natural, sweet, generous, funny, smart family man, but part of me suspects he’s an entitled frat boy kinda guy who just hides it well. Hmmm. I’d love to be wrong!

• No! Prithviraj is perfect! Let your faith be UNSHAKEN!!!! It’s just jealous older folks who don’t like his Woke-ness that say he is entitled.

Anyway, generous co-star, generous director, talented actor, good to his family, cute daughter, I think he is clearly awesome. Only person maybe awesome-er (although definitely not hotter) is Kunchacko Boban.

On Thu, Mar 19, 2020 at 11:42 AM dontcallitbollywood wrote:

• You’ve convinced me. My faith is renewed! In Prithvi we trust. I mean, Parvathy wouldn’t keep working with him if he were a jerk, right?

I have no idea who Kunchacko Boban is. If he is that awesome, please do fill me in!

• He was a young heart throb with kind of a baby face back in the 90s, then went through a little career downturn, and now has come back as the default “strong woman lead storyline that’s slightly radical needs a male supporting actor” actor. Also, I saw him live and he was super pleasant and willing to do impromptu dancing and stuff. Tragically, Not Hot. But pleasant. Like, you don’t throw up looking at his face.

On Thu, Mar 19, 2020 at 12:04 PM dontcallitbollywood wrote: