Oh boy! This is such a delightfully varied group of people, I am excited to put all their songs next to each other and see what happens.
All right! I’m gonna pick out my favorite two songs from each of these people. And then it is our job, as a collective, to decide who has the Best songs and who has the Worst songs.
Allu Arjun (by far the best dancer, with the largest number of songs and most imaginative visuals)
“Cinema Choopishta Mava”
And something slower and different, “Violin Song”
Swara Bhaskar (very few songs, but very high quality movies)
And something totally different, “Prem Ratan Dhan Payo”
Amit Trivedi (actual composer and brilliant, so this may be unfair)
And finally, Jayaji! Who has the classic songs
“Bahon Mein Chale Aao”
“Mahi Ve” (technically more of a Shahrukh song, but if you don’t cry at Jaya’s bit in the middle you are made of STONE!)
Okay, my rankings! Including videos, song itself, performances, use in the film, and the whole burrito:
- Bahon Mere Chale Aa (how can Sanjeev resist cute little seductive fake sleeping Jaya!)
- Dhadaam Dhadaam (only part of Bombay Velvet I like)
- “Cinema Choopistha Mava” (Allu can DANCE!)
- “Veere” (female friendship! It’s a thing!)
- “Dhyanchaand” (Just such clever visuals)
- “Mahi Ve” (early 2000s! My era! And so pretty and telling such a complex story)
- “Prem Ratan Dhan Payo” (colors! Jewelry! Food! Family!)
- “Violin Song” (clever, but ultimately it’s just sex)
Okay, what’s your ranking? Or at least, your favorite and least favorite?