I feel our community, during these Trying Times, should be giving back more. So in a gesture of generosity, let us all offer hair advice to Shahrukh Khan. Because surely he isn’t able to get it from his usual sources at the moment.

Here’s the thing, controversial statement, but older Indian men have TERRIBLE hair. Or at least, very unadventurous hair. Almost no one goes grey, goes shorter or longer, or really does anything fun. So I am going to dig deep into western celebrities and provide examples of hair that I think would be super good on SRK. He can try it out now around the house, and then blind us with his beauty on the occasional twitter post.

I’ve been watching a lot of Queer Eye with my parents, and I think Shahrukh would look stunning with hair similar to Tan, don’t you? Even has a similar skin tone:

Tan France Talks 'Queer Eye,' LeBron James and Onscreen ...

Another suggestion, grey and bearded George Clooney! Shahrukh’s had hair almost this short before in MNIK and Main Hoon Na, and I thought it looked great. Slightly shorter, gone grey, and with the matching beard would be worth trying at least.

Why George Clooney Is the World's Highest-Paid Actor | Fortune

Miland Soman! A very very attractive Indian celebrity of a certain age who was brave enough to actually age. And is, needless to say, even more attractive since going grey. This is kind of the Clooney look, but with a bit of texture and length to the hair.

Milind Soman reveals his 'Sanghi' background and 'liberals' can't ...

Just to think outside the box for a moment, what about this look? Unruly hair, mustache?

Sam Elliott

Or there’s the Brad Pitt look, kind of casual mid length hair and goutee

Brad Pitt - Wikipedia

And finally the one thing I think he absolutely should NOT try, the Harrison Ford brush back and messy beard:

Harrison Ford - Wikipedia

What are your thoughts? Remember, Shahrukh NEEDS us!

28 thoughts on “Shahrukh Khan Discussion Post: What Hair Do We Want to See Him Try? (Please Provide Picture Examples)

• I think it was a little thicker then, which makes all the difference.

On Sun, Apr 26, 2020 at 9:28 PM dontcallitbollywood wrote:

1. Definitely short, like clooney. Cut out all the dyed parts. Then he can grow it long to style it like Tan. I HATE the long shaggy in his face look. It is fine for a 20-year-old, but it doesn’t work for anyone over 40.

• I like this plan!

Now, what would you do with his beard? Leave it for the Clooney and shave it for the Tan? Leave it straight through? Shave it straight through?

On Sun, Apr 26, 2020 at 11:09 PM dontcallitbollywood wrote:

• Variety is the spice of life. Grow the beard, shave it, then grow it again… I do like him with a beard, but maybe because he doesn’t always have one.

• I fear this is what is under the hat currently. But at least it is a decent starting point for pretty much any of these looks.

On Sun, Apr 26, 2020 at 11:33 PM dontcallitbollywood wrote:

2. Find myself with unexpectedly strong feelings about this after looking at the pictures. I like Tan’s clean shaven look but the hair is too foofy and too high maintenance (for SRK, it’s perfect for Tan). I strongly nope long hair plus mustache or a goatee look. I’m not much pro beard, really. Do we think he’s all the way gray or salt and pepper? That might change my opinion. But really thinking something more like this:

• I feel like if he is going to go grey, there should be a statement, like “grey and proud of it!” I will see your easy maintenance point and suggest the Clooney only without the beard.

I suspect he is fully white or close to it based on how his beard looks when it isn’t long enough to dye.

On Sun, Apr 26, 2020 at 11:51 PM dontcallitbollywood wrote:

• Hard to judge someone’s hair color by their beard. A lot of folks have beards that go gray before the hair, or the opposite.

• If his hair isn’t naturally grey, then I think he should do grey highlights. I don’t like him with the black-black any more, but the tan highlights aren’t working for me either. Grey, purple, blue, something like that. Just a streak of color through the front.

On Tue, Apr 28, 2020 at 7:03 AM dontcallitbollywood wrote:

• I think not at all? I can’t remember seeing her with grey hair. I’m going on the theory that SRK must be totally grey or totally white, just because his hair dye is increasingly aggressive.

On Mon, Apr 27, 2020 at 9:51 AM dontcallitbollywood wrote:

3. Instead of trying to copy other actors do’s, maybe we should look elsewhere for ideas.

Perhaps the “Bob Baffert,” horse trainer extraordinaire:

Or Steve Asmussen – who’s hair frequently rivals the manes of his horses:

Note – my hair is the same color as Bob’s and the style is similar though a bit longer. Especially now that I have Covid-19’d it. At least I didn’t use pinking shears. Maybe after another month of social distancing….

• Oh, yes! The Steve Asmussen is perfect! And looks very low maintenance, which is important, so he can travel around without needing to bring hats with him.

On Mon, Apr 27, 2020 at 2:52 PM dontcallitbollywood wrote:

4. Nooo!! You guys are killing me! Why is everyone convinced he’s gone grey? Nothing wrong if that’s the case, but it’s pretty common for people his age to have perfectly dark hair, or those even 10 years older to have just salt n pepper. Am I missing something?

• Because he dyes his hair! It went from generally black to dark dark black, to tan highlights, and now entirely tan. It’s not just that he dyes it, it’s dying it a light color as well, which really only makes sense if the base is grey or white now. Oh, and his beard is grey when it grows in as stubble.

On Tue, Apr 28, 2020 at 12:13 AM dontcallitbollywood wrote:

5. I am torn — I really really love Tan’s hair, and I want to see it on SRK, but I think that a mix between the Clooney and the de Niro would look good on him.

• What about a De Niro type look that could be foofed up into a Tan look? I don’t know if it’s possible, but that might be interesting.

On Wed, Aug 19, 2020 at 4:16 PM dontcallitbollywood wrote:

• Oh I like that actually! I’ll have to ask my hair stylist if that’s something that could be accomplished (she has as client who she had to teach how to imitate Tan’s hair so hopefully she has some good insights!)