Happy Monday! I’m traveling today, sort of. My parents and I are moving up to the family lake house for the next two weeks, where internet access is spotty and the view is beautiful. No idea if this will affect posting schedules or not, we will all find out together.

This is where you can ask me anything you want, what is my favorite Dimple movie or if I love Sonam and why or how Shilpa’s waist is that thin (answer: born that way). You can keep swinging back to this post all week asking me whatever you think of to ask me.

Now, question for you (which relies on perhaps too much American pop culture knowledge, but indulge me)! You can only pick one:

Sonam-Dimple-Shilpa in a 9 to 5 remake

Dolly Parton shares new 9 to 5 sequel details | EW.com

OR

Sonam-Dimple-Shilpa in a First Wives Club remake

Goldie, Bette, and Diane Are Reuniting for the First Time Since ...

UPDATE: Angie asked for a photo of the view, here you go

22 thoughts on “Monday Morning Questions: What Do You Want to Ask Me on Shilpa/Dimple/Sonam’s Birthday Week?

• You so mean!!!! I would be okay with the cast for 9 to 5 actually, I think Jane Fonda’s proper young divorcee is right in Sonam’s lane, and bouncy sexy underestimated Dolly Parton is a good fit for Shilpa.

But First Wives is tricky, especially the Bette Midler part. Who can do that out there unembarrassed kind of performance?

On Mon, Jun 8, 2020 at 10:01 AM dontcallitbollywood wrote:

• Too old maybe?

Although I do love the idea because Kirron actually was a first wife! She married young to a businessman type and left him when their son was young, like 2 or 3. While the divorce cranked it’s way through the courts, she started going on auditions trying to be an actress, and met a nice young aspiring actor (Anupam Kher) at the auditions. They fell in love and got together before her divorce was final, and once it came through they got married and he adopted Sikander. Sikander’s biological father is so completely out of his life, and Kirron left him so quickly, it smells like a really bad marriage to me. Possibly abusive. Anyway, the happy ending is that Anupam and Kirron and Sikander are a family and so far as everyone is concerned, Anupam is Sikander’s father and the other dude is just some sperm donor who doesn’t matter. It’s just a little footnote in Kirron’s life story that comes up when you compare their wedding anniversary dates with Sikander’s age.

On Mon, Jun 8, 2020 at 8:59 PM dontcallitbollywood wrote:

• You think? Shilpa as the aging actress whose manager husband stole all her money, Sonam as the proper suburban wife type whose husband shocks her by asking for a divorce, and Dimple as angry and ridiculous Bette?

On Mon, Jun 8, 2020 at 11:16 AM dontcallitbollywood wrote:

• I think Shilpa could actually do a really good Dolly Parton! She’s got a great “yeah, I’m sexy, it’s fun, I’m not ashamed” kind of attitude. I could see her pulling off the combo of “I’m good at my job and not here to be harassed, but I’m also not going to change how I look just to make you feel more comfortable”.

On Mon, Jun 8, 2020 at 2:58 PM dontcallitbollywood wrote:

• A house on a lake. In some areas of America, there are a lot of freshwater lakes scattered around and it is pretty common for citydwellers to buy a small house for summer weekends. You can swim, boat, of just sit on the porch and enjoy the cool breeze.

My great grandfather bought this house and we are still enjoying it 86 years later.

1. The view from the lake house is stunning! Enjoy. I would say First Wives Club too. Also, maybe in the remake of The Other Woman. Now, did you know that there has already been a weird weird unathorized (read: stolen without obtaining the rights) remake of 9-5 starring Gul Panag, Isha Koppikar, Celina Jaitly, Chunky Panday, and Javed Jaffrey. I have never seen it because again, too weird with that cast, but maybe just maybe I will watch it and let you know how bad it is.

• Yes! Let me know how bad it is!

Also, just occurred to me, could we remake 9 to 5 with the exact same cast/characters as Mission Mangal? Vidya as the smartest person in the room who never gets the credit or the promotion, Taapsee as the sweet housewife type trying to make it in the workplace, and Sonakshi as the underestimated “sexy” one? And Akshay as the horrible boss they have to pretend to respect while he takes the credit for all their work? Perhaps a Mission Mangal sequel? Starting at the press conference post-launch when Akshay takes all the credit and the women exchange looks going “wait, is he actually horrible?” then Vidya divorces her husband, Taapsee’s husband leaves her, Sonakshi has to deal with even more sexual harassment, and in the end they tie up Akshay and torture him for weeks while finally getting their due in the workplace.

On Mon, Jun 8, 2020 at 4:47 PM dontcallitbollywood wrote:

2. So, I’m going to ask, which is your fav Dimple movie? And Sonam movie?

I guess I could see them doing 9 to 5 but first wives club? I don’t think so. Well, like Priyanka Majumdar wrote, Dimple can stay.

• Fav Dimple movie, probably Dil Chahta Hai or Luck By Chance, such great performances in both of them. Fav Sonam movie, either Khoobsurat or Veere Di Wedding I think. I would like Khoobsurat better, except the ending is so rushed, while VDW is good straight through.

On Tue, Jun 9, 2020 at 1:35 PM dontcallitbollywood wrote:

3. Random question for you or any one else that might know the answer. I recently watched Hulchul (which I love BTW and would be so much fun for a watch along). Is Pareeniti Chopra one of Kareena’s friends from college?! It looks like a very young, very thin her. I have to rewind two scenes a couple time. One when the two girls tell Akshay that Kareena left college to go home and at the end during Kareena’s wedding right before Jackie tells Akshay to put the mangalsutra on Kareena. Check it out and let me know.

• I don’t think she could have been, unless she is lying about a lot of stuff. She was only 16 when it was filmed, and she came from a good non-film family and hadn’t considered a film career at all (she says) until PC got her a job at YRF after college.

It’s possible she visited Bombay on high school vacation and did a bit role, but seems like a bit of a reach.

On Fri, Jun 12, 2020 at 2:41 PM dontcallitbollywood wrote: