A challenge!!!!! Which will be well-nigh impossible! At least, it would be for me. All 3 Khans had amazingly iconic love songs in this era, with adorable spectacular co-stars and forever hit tunes and so on and so forth. But which is BEST? And I guess also which is worst, and which is middlest.
“Tujho Dekho” Try NOT to pick this one just because it is SRK!!!! Looking at the song as a whole, is it the bestest?
“Pehle Pehle Pyar” The pink dress! The billard table! The big puffy dress shirt!
“Khandala” The saucy lyrics, the metal codpiece, and cute baby fat Rani!
Okay, don’t hate me, but here is my ranking:
- “Pehle Pehle Pyar”. It is just the perfect unembarrassed 90s cheese!
- “Khandala” So clever! So catchy! So fun! And such a nice teasing sort of love song.
- “Tujhe Dekho” Great chemistry, nice lyrics, and the fantasy/reality mix is cool. But just not as good as the other two.
I have a very different list:
1. Tujhe Dekha Toh – and I’m not even a big fan of DDLJ, but this song is a classic and I hear it in my head everytime I see yellow fileds
LikeLiked by 1 person
Two Shahrukh songs!!!! You just warm the cockles of my heart.
On Mon, Feb 8, 2021 at 11:37 AM dontcallitbollywood wrote:
This is tough, but in the interest of Romance:
1. Tujhe Dekha Toh – it’s fantastical, it bridges cultures, it’s shared, and of course, it’s iconic.
2. Khandala – it’s funny, it’s sexy, I love the banter.
3. Pehla Pehla Pyar – UM. No. This song is ridiculous (sorry to anyone who likes it!). The moves are weird, I can’t with the costumes, the beginning is just odd and OOC.
Shut your face! The PPP costumes are ICONIC!!!! I always wait up late at night to serve food while wearing a big pink party dress.
On Mon, Feb 8, 2021 at 1:07 PM dontcallitbollywood wrote:
Let’s be real, she was totally wearing matching lingerie as well. This is a SEDUCTION plan.
On Tue, Feb 9, 2021 at 1:33 PM dontcallitbollywood wrote:
I go with Khandala — mostly because I actually have eaten chikki in Khandala.
But, I can’t decide is Rani’s dress is prefect or is ridiculous.
Such a difficult task! I was going to go with Pehla Pehla Pyar for the 3 that you listed, even though I’m not the biggest Salman fan, but Dil Ne Yeh Kaha Hai Dil Se is def up there for me.
Here are the other two that make up my top 3: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=snWivFL9zMg
Yes! The 90s had such great love songs! Even in average movies.
1. Pehle Pehle Pyar – They really look like they want to have sex. Lots of sex. That froofy pink dress is not sexy, and yet, she still looks like she wants to have sex. And I like the dancing.
2. Tujho Dekho – SRK’s little giggle when he takes Kajol’s hand to ballroom dance on the bridge. Goofy romantic.
3. Khandala – I don’t speak Hindi so I have no idea what they are saying however cute they may be.
I wish I could find the Khandala song with subtitles!!! It is so much what makes it special. Oh well.
AT least you agree PPP is sexy!!! Unlike townsandtulips and her MADNESS.
On Mon, Feb 8, 2021 at 10:01 PM dontcallitbollywood wrote:
This is an impossible task! Growing up in the 90s, there are just too many songs and memories attached. Just sticking to the Khans, here are my picks-
SRK- Ho Gaya Hai Tujhko (this hits me harder than Tujhe Dekha), closely followed by Kuch Kuch Hota Haihttps://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hw_HpTI_Wkwhttps://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-ijfNEF7-JY
Aamir- Pehla Nasha (this just might be the best 90s love song)https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zI2HJONbT5A
Salman- Pehla Pehla is a good one, I’m partial to Baahon ke Darmiyan or O Jaana Na Jaanahttps://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eRHN80vYuF0https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ISu2NXgSE4M