Happy Ganesh Chaturthi!!! So many wonderful songs! And a nice little reason to have a break in Jab Harry Met Sejal coverage. (this is an updated and reposted post from last year)
1. This one is obviously the best. It’s so good, that Karan made it the alternative Dharma productions logo music.
2. This one is a close second. Partly because I love Shahrukh, but mostly because it is just a really good song.
3. As you may remember, I don’t much like Bajirao. But even I have to acknowledge this song sequence is really well done.
4. This song is great, but I am still vaguely distracted by the plot set up of “oh no, at the last minute we can’t do our planned choreography! Not to worry, we will just ‘feel’ the song and it will all come together” set up. Like, where did the masks come from? Did they just ‘feel’ them into existence?
5. A new one! From a movie I never did get around to seeing.
6. Another Ganpati song from ABCD!!! But this one doesn’t make my head hurt, because a closely choreographed song in the streets to celebrate the holiday seems totally reasonable and believable.
7. And then, Amitabh! From the old, original, Agneepath.
8. And once again, Amitabh! His new song from Sarkar 3.