I should be able to scrape up a dozen, right? I didn’t bother last year, but then last year I hadn’t seen Daawat-E-Ishq yet.
1.1. I love you because you are half Jewish! So if you have been looking for your good Jewish boy Indian film crush, this is him.
2. I love you because you worked as a VJ before becoming an actor, giving you a casual charm in public appearances that you still haven’t lost.
3. I love you because you started out as a “junior artiste”, taking small roles in London Dreams, Action Replayy, and Guzaarish.
4. I love you because your big break movie is silly and sappy and stupid, but by golly you committed to it!
5. I love you because you followed up a lead role in a low budget film, with a second lead role in a big film. Smarter than holding out for another big part.
6. I love you because you then went back to the small budget lead film, and made a completely delightful one.
7. I love you because you didn’t completely rely on your family connections, despite your brother being the head of one of the largest studios in India, you worked for Dharma and Yash Raj and Bhatt Films, before UTV.
8. I love you because you have just kept going, still being smiley and cheerful in public appearances, even as your career has gone dangerously downhill.
9. I love you because you are going back to less than lead roles after your failures, rumored to be talking a part in the multi-starrer Shiddat next.
10. I love you because you tried your best to make Fitoor work, and it wasn’t your fault that it didn’t (it was the director’s fault).
11. I love you because you really were perfect in your tiny Dear Zindagi cameo.
12. And finally, I love you because OK Jaanu was also terrible, but this song is GREAT. And again, you tried your best.