Happy Birthday Shotgun Sinha, Dia Mirza, Dino Morea, and Priya Gill! Phew! I’m exhausted! Obviously, they are not going to each get reasons I love them. Let’s see, how to be fair? Okay, each person gets 3 reasons, either 2 songs and one fact or two facts and one song. Whatever I feel like. (this is a reposted post from last year)
Shotgun Sinha! I love you for 3 reasons.
- First, because you are a remarkably supportive father to your independent hard-working and spunky daughter.
- Second, because you have a ridiculous advice column in the back of FilmFare magazine with some kind of “contest” every week that seems to boil down to you giving low-priced cookware away to whoever writes in with a joke you like.
- And third, because Blackmail is BRILLIANT, and you deserve at least 1/3 of the credit.
Happy Birthday Dia!
- I love you because way back at the beginning of your career you did a phenomenal job playing the sweetly mentally different sister of Urmila in Tehzeeb.
- I love you because you are a great model for platonic male-female friendships with Zayed Khan, who is also your business partner.
- I love you because you always look fantastic at every public appearance! Any time I see a spread of red carpet arrivals to some event, you are the best one.
Happy Birthday Dino Morea!
- I love you because you got your big break by winning a beauty pageant. Gender parity!
- I love you because you are very very very very very handsome.
(that guy in the orange shirt? Homicidal maniac! This is a very very odd movie)
- I love you because you did that great cameo playing the host of the World Dance Competition in Happy New Year.
Happy Birthday Priya Gill
- Okay, I don’t have very many reasons to love you. I guess I love you because in your short career you worked in Hindi, Telugu, Tamil, Malayalam, Punjabi, AND Bhojpuri cinema!
- I love you because I really really love the songs from Josh and your birthday gives me an excuse to post them. You also did a nice job playing the violinist who pretends not to like Shahrukh but really does.
- And I guess I love you for Sirf Tum? Which is your big hit, according to The Internet, but I have not seen it. Is it worth seeking out, despite the Sanjay Kapoor of it all?