A challenge! Who are the folks that physically, and spiritually, are equally attractive to you? Or unattractive, we can go both ways.

First, to set the standard, Shashi! As beautiful outside as he was inside.

Image result for shashi kapoor bombay talkies

And on the other end of things, and this might just be me, but Later Day Rajesh Khanna! As unappealing on the outside as he was on the inside.

Image result for rajesh khanna

33 thoughts on “Discussion Post: What Actors Do You Find Equally Mentally and Physically Beautifully? Or Ugly?

• Agree and AGREE!!!!! I would happily have an intimate dinner party with Maddy or Tovino, and also happy an intimate other things.

Ranbir and Rishi, neither! I don’t want to sit next to them at dinner, or do anything else even if they promised to keep their mouth shut.

On Wed, Mar 18, 2020 at 12:43 PM dontcallitbollywood wrote:

• Looking at this list, only one thought occurs to me, WHY DON’T YOU LOVE DEEPIKA????

Also, I like Sid M, but don’t love love him. And I also kind of feel the same way about his looks. Sooooooooooo pretty, obviously, but not like beautiful and I could stare for hours.

On Wed, Mar 18, 2020 at 1:58 PM dontcallitbollywood wrote:

• I love Deepika as an actress, and of course I love her face, but idk, something about her persona in interviews can be offputting. Almost fake sometimes. Closed off.

1. Shah Rukh, Vijay Sethupathi, and Juhi Chawla (though I don’t know if I’d like her politics). Anushka and Virat I kind of love as a couple. Same with Madhuri and Dr. Nene.

Unattractive inside and out? Hmm. Maybe the guy who plays the boss in Yes Boss.

• Is it that you don’t find Vijay Sethupathi that appealing in personality, or is it that Ia m missing something about his physical attraction?

On Wed, Mar 18, 2020 at 2:22 PM dontcallitbollywood wrote:

• You are correct! I just wouldn’t necessarily put Sethu on my “beautiful outside” list.

On Wed, Mar 18, 2020 at 3:14 PM dontcallitbollywood wrote:

• Yep–beauty is in the eye of the beholder! Not unlike with Shah Rukh, I started out just finding him very interesting to look at. Now I find him beautiful. I never thought I cared about dimples, but the three Indian actors I find most attractive–Shah Rukh, Sethu, and Prithviraj, all have them. :-,)

• Oh oh! You should watch Gupt! More dimples on Bobby! But otherwise, he’s not that great. But Dimpled!

On Wed, Mar 18, 2020 at 5:13 PM dontcallitbollywood wrote:

• Shoot, I missed his birthday! No luck on a Vijay-fest.

On Wed, Mar 18, 2020 at 5:19 PM dontcallitbollywood wrote:

• Ooo, yes! Remind me!

I think it’s also either my grandmother’s or my cousin’s birthday, but now I can’t remember which.

On Wed, Mar 18, 2020 at 8:54 PM dontcallitbollywood wrote:

• Really, Ajay D? I will accept it, talents differ, but to me he is just the ultimate Manly Man.

On Wed, Mar 18, 2020 at 8:08 PM dontcallitbollywood wrote:

2. Prithviraj, Vidya, Juhi, Rahul and Akshaye Khanna, Konkona, and possibly Deepika and Ranveer are beautiful inside and out. (Hard to get a read on the last two, but I prefer to believe they are really nice and smart in person).

Completely agree with you about Rajesh Khanna. I know there are other people I find both unattractive and off-putting–probably a lot of them!–but I can’t bring them to mind right now.

• Really? I find Rahul Khanna funny-lookin’. But otherwise, agree!

And just because you reminded me of him by mentioning Konkona, I will reply with KUNAL KAPOOR!!!!! Who quit acting to found a website for crowdsourcing money for folks in need! 67 million raised, all within India. It takes 67 million in charity, but I think his insides might manage to equal his outsides.

On Wed, Mar 18, 2020 at 9:53 PM dontcallitbollywood wrote:

Liked by 2 people

• Really? I think Rahul Khanna looks like an old-fashioned matinee idol (but, weirdly, not his dad).

Nooooooooooo Kunal Kapoor can’t quit acting!!!! I mean, if he has to that’s the best possible reason, but still I think I’m going to go cry quietly in a corner.

• You haven’t noticed, he only does a role once in a blue moon now? Still a treat for the eyes of course, but just not that into it any more.

On the other hand, he’s been doing this website thing since 2012, and he’s been in 7 movies since then, so maybe he is never going to quit-quit acting, just kind of slow waaaaaaay down.

On Thu, Mar 19, 2020 at 6:35 AM dontcallitbollywood wrote:

3. Beauty: Anushka – Seems seems like a really interesting good person and she also has an interesting beauty. Ugly: Rishi – even when he was younger he looks so gross to me.

• Excellent choices! And Rishi really is a cautionary tale for how alcoholism messes with your face. Like, it’s not bloating exactly, it’s something about how all the features kind of blurred and merged.

On Wed, Mar 18, 2020 at 10:19 PM dontcallitbollywood wrote:

4. Attractive: Preity and her Mr Goodenough – I swear her Instagram is one of the most honest and kind, full of selfies and without any photoshop or promo stuff, so normal and nice and genuine and positive and this was from her Instagram today, it really warms the heart

Attractive (cont.): Shahrukh, Deepika and Ranveer, Sonam and her whole family for that matter, Anushka and Virat, Katrina Kaif, Vidya Balan, Shashi (this is a given) and Madhuri and her Doctor Nene

Unattractive: Rishi, Ranbir, Kangana (can’t even watch her movies anymore unless she is in a side role and disappears soon), Kirron and Anupam Kher (for obvious real-life reasons, always a bitter taste in my mouth when I see them in a movie, even if they play enjoyable characters, which does soften it a bit)

• Awww, I didn’t know Preity had such a nice instagram! That makes me happy.

Agree on Sonam! I was waiting for someone to mention her. I think she dresses herself really well and has an overall appealing face, and also is just such a good person.

On Thu, Mar 19, 2020 at 8:35 AM dontcallitbollywood wrote:

• Yes! She isn’t stunningly beautiful, or Shashi-level personally perfect, but very pretty and very nice.

On Thu, Mar 19, 2020 at 3:09 PM dontcallitbollywood wrote:

5. Shashi(obviously), Priety Zinta, Shraddha Kapoor, Pankaj Tripathi, Andrew Scott

Does mostly theatre actors count? Then Sanjna Kapoor qualifies as a beauty inside and out. Takes after the father, in that regard. Also, Sushma Seth and Lillete Dubey.

I can’t think of any actor whom I find truly ugly both one the inside and as well as outside, given how physical beauty is valued in our industry. Even actors I dislike for various reasons, like AB Sr or Salman are objectively attractive men. Even Rajesh Khanna was gorgeous in his prime.

• Look at Shraddha! Somehow she has won us all over to her looks and personality. Good for her!

On Thu, Mar 19, 2020 at 5:47 PM dontcallitbollywood wrote:

6. Ranveer Singh looks to me like he’s good looking, well built, talented actor, supportive coactor, passionate about his career, buoyantly extroverted, privately introverted, dedicated to & in love with his mrs… all in equal measure.
    I also like his switch on switch off thing, how he is out front promoting his films but doesn’t take up air space when he’s not doing anything otherwise.

• Among the women, Swara. She has a kind of earthy beauty that could also pass for ugly. So If you like her personality and her politics, you will find her bada$$ and beautiful. But If you don’t like her personality and/or politics, you probably find her physically ugly as well. So in that way, her insides and her outsides match, regardless of the beholder.

• Good choice! And he has generally regular features and a nice smile and eyes.

On Thu, Mar 19, 2020 at 11:03 PM dontcallitbollywood wrote: