Discussion Post: Who Do You Have A Girl Crush On?

Do we all understand the concept of “girl crush”? Someone you aren’t sexually attracted to, but you think they are just really REALLY cool and you want to hang out with them and eat ice cream and be best friends.

I’ll start!

Kajol: She has a wacky sense of humor, super self-confidence, painful honesty, and I think she would be super fun to watch a movie with and make fun of everyone’s costumes.

Image result for kajol devgan

Sonam Kapoor: She seems like a really kind supportive friend, she’s the one I want to be able to call when I am having a bad day and want someone to sit in PJs with me and eat ice cream.

Image result for Sonam kapoor

Preity Zinta: I want to hang out with her and Mr. Goodenough by her LA backyard pool and lazily talk about nothing much important and just be happy.

Image result for preity zinta

36 thoughts on “Discussion Post: Who Do You Have A Girl Crush On?

• Oh, YES! And I want to add on Rima Kallingal, who is married to Aashiq Abu who I ALSO have kind of a crush on.

I need to do a “couples crush” post too, don’t I?

On Thu, Mar 19, 2020 at 9:31 AM dontcallitbollywood wrote:

1. Yep, Sonam definitely in the lead for me and Preity too in an older cousin-like way. The rest are Nora Fatehi, Jacqueline Fernandez, Regina Cassandra, Neeti Mohan and Aditi Rao Hydari. It might be mostly based on superficiality, but they seem such nice people to hang out with or just look at a distance and admire them. Also, think of the dance parties! The shopping trips! The movie talk!

• I think the idea would be to have Sonam and Preity as your co “best” friends, the ones you can call late at night and just talk, or hang out with a lot one on one and go really deep. And then the rest are, like, part of a friend group.

• Jacqueline, Nora and Neeti seem to be the type to be having fun with. But yes, Preity, Sonam and I think even Aditi and Regina are the kinds to have long conversations in pyjamas ‘best friend’ types.

2. So many! Juhi, Madhuri, Vidya, Reema Lagoo (RIP), Kirron Kher (despite politics), Sheeba Chaddha, Konkona Sen Sharma, Vidya Balan, Anushka, and Mallika Dua (who is more of a youtuber/comedian but did have a cute cameo in Zero. Her Netflix series Midnight Misadventures is a guilty pleasure: https://www.netflix.com/title/81066709

Answering this post reminded me of a woman I need to add to the pretty on the outside, not on the inside post…

• Yes yes! Although I think you might need to break this into two friend groups. Get together with Madhuri and Juhi and Reema and Kirron to talk parenting and beauty tips and stuff. Get together with Konkona and Mallika and Sheeba and Anushka to talk politics and career frustrations.

And yes, go add to my other post! I’ve had two work calls in a row stand me up today, so I am super bored.

On Thu, Mar 19, 2020 at 10:57 AM dontcallitbollywood wrote:

• Would that mean Prithvi and Supriya are also a Couple Crush? Or is it too weird to hang out with a couple where you are friends with the wife but have a massive crush on the husband?

On Fri, Mar 20, 2020 at 8:53 AM dontcallitbollywood wrote:

• I could totally make that work. I’d just be honest about it and she’d be like, yeah, you and a couple million other women.

I’m still thinking about my couple crushes. I’m oddly stressed about leaving some out. Weird isolation loss of perspective. šŸ™‚

• It’s true, all the famous people in India are coming to this blog and waiting to see who you picked.

On the other hand, you can keep adding folks as you think of them, and actually that would be a good thing for me since it keeps the conversation going and the post popping.

On Fri, Mar 20, 2020 at 9:29 AM dontcallitbollywood wrote:

• Haha, I am aware how silly it is. Nevertheless, it’s there. What if like, I become friends with Indrajith and Poornima in real life, and then Poornima stumbles across the post, and sees I didn’t list them in my couples crushes, and they kick me out of their lives forever? What then?

• Then they weren’t your true friends after all and you are better off.

On Fri, Mar 20, 2020 at 9:35 AM dontcallitbollywood wrote:

• Hey, I’m living with my parents 24/7 now, I am full of mom-ly wisdom!

On Fri, Mar 20, 2020 at 9:43 AM dontcallitbollywood wrote:

• Oh, YES!!! She just seems so so cool. And she could teach you how to breakdance.

On Thu, Mar 19, 2020 at 11:07 AM dontcallitbollywood wrote:

3. Hmm, I think Rekha, Shabana Azmi, Deepti Naval for the stories (Also I want to hear all about Farooq Sheikh). Vidya Balan seems like a lot of fun. Huma Qureshi – she seems really cool.

• And also Sai Pallavi? I want you to be friends with Revathy and Urvashi so you can bring Sai Pallavi into the conversation and lead to her being mentored by them.

On Thu, Mar 19, 2020 at 1:38 PM dontcallitbollywood wrote:

• I want Rekha, Deepti, and Shabana to all be my friends, and then I want to host a tea party that brings the three of them together for the first time in years and sparks a wide-ranging gossip session in which they all compare notes (“Rajesh Khann molested you too? I knew he was a dog! Shashi Kapoor secretly paid off your mortgage? Me too!”)

On Thu, Mar 19, 2020 at 1:37 PM dontcallitbollywood wrote:

4. I have a girl crush on probably all my favorite Indian actresses, but I think Alia and Anushka might take the top spots for me. Maybe Shraddha too.

• Oh MAN! YES Sushmita!!!! I want to know all about what is happening in her head, and I want to hang out with her little girls because they seem super cool too.

5. Iā€™m going Kajol for crazy over the top laughter, Preity since and Mr G live 5 miles from my house, seems doable and fun to chat and drink wine (Iā€™m trying to get her for my event so anything is possible!) and Rekha to hear all the dirt on everyone and everything. I want to call her Didi!

• Oh yes! I want you and Preity and Mr. G to be best friends. She could babysit your son when you get stuck at work, you could go out for couples dates, or just drive over and hang out together.

On Thu, Mar 19, 2020 at 5:11 PM dontcallitbollywood wrote:

6. Modern day = Tapsee, Anushka, and all the female directors

Past = all the ’80s parallel actresses

I also have a “couple crush” on Anushka & Virat. And I usually never have couple crushes.

• Weekly brunch idea! Taapsee and Anushka and Gauri Shinde and Meghna Gulzar and Reema Kagti and Zoya Akhtar! It would be a blast.

And you just inspired a “couples crush” post.

On Thu, Mar 19, 2020 at 10:55 PM dontcallitbollywood wrote:

• Oh yes! I want to hang out with them! Except for that awkward thing where I hate Gauri’s husband but I don’t want to say anything because I know she loves him.

On Fri, Mar 20, 2020 at 9:36 AM dontcallitbollywood wrote:

7. Kajol. I also really like Anushka, but I’m scared to actually meet with her because I know she uses her money to create animal shelters and I think of animals as food. It is interesting, there are so many actresses I really like, and love watching on screen, but Kajol is the only one I would really want to hang out with. Perhaps that is why she is so famous.

• I think you hit it exactly with Kajol. She feels so real, all the time, that you think you actually do know her and would like her.

On Thu, Mar 19, 2020 at 11:55 PM dontcallitbollywood wrote: