Friday Watchalong Karan Johar Week: To K3G or to Not K3G????

That is the question! Thanks to our little Memorial Day festival, over this weekend we watched KKHH and SOTY2 already. Which means we are quickly running out of Karan Johar options.

Looking at what is easily available, and not terribly depressing (no Agneepath, MNIK, or ADHM for us!), here are my suggestions:

Kal Ho Na Ho

It’s only a little bit depressing, and also SO FUN!

Baar Baar Dekho

I keep bringing it up, Miss Braganza at least wants to see it too, and Sid M. looks so cute

Kabhi Khushi Kabhi Gham

The only downside is that it is MASSIVELY LONG. But it is also the movie essentially created for the watchalong, you can bring on snark with a shovel.

Dear Zindagi

Why not? SRK is hot, we can yell about bad relationships, and Goa looks so pretty.

Votes?

22 thoughts on “Friday Watchalong Karan Johar Week: To K3G or to Not K3G????

1. This is hard. I love KHNH but hate when he dies. K3G is my all time favorite film and I may be sad if everyone snarks all over it! And it’s soooooooo long. Baar Baar Dekho is ok…Sid is cute but I found the premise annoying. Dear Zindagi is top level hot SRK.

I think DZ.

• I mean, we would snark because we love. But I think it is fair to say everyone here has some choice words about, for instance, Amitabh’s claim of “when did I tell you to leave the house?” in the finale scene.

I would also be happy with DZ!

On Tue, May 26, 2020 at 4:59 PM dontcallitbollywood wrote:

• Well, this is complex, you and Rachel had no overlaps! We will have to wait to hear from someone else.

On Tue, May 26, 2020 at 4:59 PM dontcallitbollywood wrote:

2. This is literally what I was imagining the post was gonna be, “To K3G or not to K3G”. Because my answer is a resounding YES.

Honestly though, I’d watch any of these. The only one I haven’t seen is Baar Baar Dekho, but that’s also the least accessible cuz I don’t have Prime. I can figure it out though.

• Oh, and you are on break this week!!!! So you could join us, for the whole one million hours of K3G

On Tue, May 26, 2020 at 5:11 PM dontcallitbollywood wrote:

• I’m not on break the entire week, I just had off Monday for Memorial day. This Friday is nice though cuz I’m giving online quizzes, so this will be my reward 🙂

• Ooo! Then I will take your vote into greater consideration.

On Tue, May 26, 2020 at 5:41 PM dontcallitbollywood wrote:

• (Then if you wanna pencil it in, my final quizzing Friday is June 12 and my last day of school for the year is June 16 ;D)

• I’m fine until Lillette Dubey says good-bye in the hospital, somehow that always gets to me.

On Tue, May 26, 2020 at 6:37 PM dontcallitbollywood wrote:

3. I can do K3G, and of course as a kid who kinda lived that tale I get SO MAD at Amitabh for acting like Shah Rukh was supposed to come to him, but that’s exactly how my parents were.

• I have indeed done it already! Possibly twice. But not recently, so I think all my regulars at the current watchalongs missed it.

On Tue, May 26, 2020 at 11:37 PM dontcallitbollywood wrote:

4. Let me know when & where and I will do my best to be there for K3G! Despite Amitabh being such a jerk at the end that ending leaves me in happy tears every damn time.

If DZ is still in the running and folks end up wanting to watch that I’d be down for it — I’ve never seen it, and the screenshots I’ve seen of it…yeah, SRK is nice to look at in that one!!

• Yaaay, love to have you join!

Our Friday Watchalong routine is starting at 3pm Chicago time, and we just comment along here. I put up a post, and everyone starts watching and commenting on it at the same time.

On Wed, May 27, 2020 at 9:09 AM dontcallitbollywood wrote: