I wasn’t going to do a mean wish, but then your comments helped guide me to how this can be a NOT mean wish.

Picture a desert island. It’s beautiful, delicious food grows on trees, the sun shines all the time, you have a lovely shack built there for you, a boat comes once a month to bring you anything you might desire to have a good life. But you have no internet, no phone, no way of communicating with the outside world.

This is a good life, right? It’s not a bad wish to send someone there? It’s kind and merciful, like sending Napoleon to St. Helena.

So, in our kind and merciful way, for their own good, who do we want to send to a desert island and never hear from again forever and ever?

Ranbir Kapoor

No more relationship rumors, no more self-pity movies, no more having to hear folks vomit out compliments to his acting. Wouldn’t that be a wonderful world?

Ranbir Kapoor Diagnosed With Typhoid? – SimplyAmina

Priyanka Chopra

No more coordinated papparazzi bombs, no more fake controversies stirred up by her online minions, no more wondering if she is really tall or Nick is really short.

Priyanka Chopra, Nick Jonas Celebrate 2-Year Wedding Anniversary |  PEOPLE.com

Kangana Ranaut

No more nastiness, no more craziness, no more lies, no more promising films ruined by ego.

Kangana Ranaut: The star on a warpath with Bollywood - BBC News

Now, I am going to give you two options:

Do you want to banish one of these people for the rest of their life?

The idea of Kangana going to a desert island for the rest of her life is really REALLY tempting. And yet, I think I would still prefer the other option.

Or, do you want to banish all three of them for three years TO THE SAME ISLAND?

Same island, same island!!!! Picture Ranbir and Kangana and PC competing for the victim card and the sympathy card and all the rest of it. It is the roommate situation from HECK!!! Not only do I want them on the same island, I also want a video feed of all three of them on that island. But a video feed just for DCIB, so no publicity advantage for them, just amusement for us. Let’s plan a kidnapping and make it happen!

(I may have lost my “always be nice” balance. I think that got a little mean at the end)

29 thoughts on “2021 Wish List: Who Do You Want to Go to a Desert Island? Kangana, Ranbir, Priyanka, Other?

1. Another easy one. Kangana!!!

I don’t want Ranbir banished because we all know that he’s a mama’s boy a d Neetu will miss him too much. Neetu’s been through enough this year.

Also, (I know I am going to say something super controversial, again) I personally just like Prinyaka. And watching her antics make me laugh. So I am all about keeping my entertainment going.

• You are the only DCIB community member who will ever watch Mary Kom. That is your one particular place in the Venn diagram of taste.

So your vote is, Kangana banished to a humane and peaceful but very VERY isolated desert island for the rest of her days? That does seem like a nice wish, doesn’t it? And not unkind necessarily.

With your odd PC liking, are you also pro PC and Nick divorce in 2021? For the pure antics and entertainment of it, followed by public rebound relationships with random semi-celebs? (I vote, Nick and Oprah, and PC and Bill Clinton)

On Wed, Dec 30, 2020 at 1:17 PM dontcallitbollywood wrote:

• Oh I love Mary Kom so much! That was another movie I made my dad watch with me during the pandemic!

I am for whatever makes Priyanka happy. And if it is a divorce, then I’ll support her and watch the drama.

Also, to yours and more specifically Rachael’s point, I am so ashamed to say this but I had/have such a crush on Bill Clinton. I totally get what Monica saw. He is still so very attractive. But I also think Old Amitabh is hot. It’s weird. I’m going to go hide in shame now.

• Oh oh! Old Amitabh and Clinton should get together! Can we put that on our “marriages” post?

On Wed, Dec 30, 2020 at 1:49 PM dontcallitbollywood wrote:

• But I like Jaya. I like Hilary too but she’ll be fine without Bill. I think Amitabh should stay with Jaya and Priyanka and Bill should have a torrid affair, followed by a crazy short lived marriage, and then film a reality show for our entertainment.

• Ha! I’ve almost watched Mary Kom so many times but never actually did. Mostly because I don’t think I could believe her as a boxer. I’m occasionally annoyed by PC but agree with filmikudhi she’s not in the same bucket as the others. Her antics seem more entertaining and less harmful to others.

On the harm spectrum, Kangana should be the first to be banished. Ranbir I would also send for a tropical timeout but more so he can be alone with his thoughts and be removed from his bubble of privilege and enablers. Him and Kangana alone on an island just sounds brutal (see? PC is the entertaining one) so I would separate them. Give Kangana a lovely home with all she needs except an audience, and let her live there in peace. Send Ranbir to a rustic cottage that’s part of a community where he has to contribute and learn to make himself useful, then check in after a few years and see if he wants to come back. Maybe he’ll like the new version of himself so much better he’ll choose to stay.

• We still have the Neetu issue. Maybe send Ranbir and his Mom to the comfortable but rustic and remote community? Ranbir has to work hard and contribute and also be a good son, no pampering and no privilege. And Neetu can make friends with all the other aunties and sit in the sun and be happy all day.

On Wed, Dec 30, 2020 at 4:19 PM dontcallitbollywood wrote:

• I’ll allow it as long as she doesn’t protect him from the reckoning he needs to do in order to break out of his own narcissism and become a contributing member of a community.

• Yes, I think what we want is the other Aunties to train Neetu on how she needs to demand and expect more from her son, and then Neetu becomes a responsibility to live up to instead of someone to protect him from responsibility.

On Wed, Dec 30, 2020 at 4:32 PM dontcallitbollywood wrote:

2. I would really like to see Kangana and Priyanka have to fight for who is more important and special and on an ISLAND. But maybe with hidden closed-circuit cameras.

3. I am living for this comment section! XD
    Filmikhudi basically said what I had in mind, so I won’t repeat it. But yeah, K****** doing a big film on her own and FAILING MASSIVELY is some sweet karma I want to happen at some point, then she can go to the island and never be seen again.

Liked by 2 people

• But a nice island! We are good people! We just want her to be happy in sunshine, well-fed and well-treated, but totally only for ther est of her life.

On Wed, Dec 30, 2020 at 1:34 PM dontcallitbollywood wrote:

4. Like Filmikudhi and Kirre I would like to banish Kangana for life. And even though I know the island is nice, I know she will not be happy, because she isn’t happy anywhere.

Liked by 2 people

• I suppose you could! I did say “other”. And then that neatly fixes all your problems, you never have to deal with any of the three of them again.

On Wed, Dec 30, 2020 at 3:05 PM dontcallitbollywood wrote:

• I was feeling good about Kangana’s nice desert island life, but then I realized, she would be alone on a desert island with Kangana Ranaut. It does seem a little cruel to wish that on anyone, including Kangana herself.

On Wed, Dec 30, 2020 at 5:14 PM dontcallitbollywood wrote:

5. Probably Priyanka,she needs to get narcissism out of her head.Ranbir needs to spend time in a circus as he is so lifeless.
    Why would anyone want to send Kangana to an island?The entire ecosystem will become toxic with her nastiness. #naturetoohasfeelings