Happy Monday!!! And Happy February!!!! And Happy I Am Totally Snowed In Day!!!! Albie Dog is so surprised on our walks, we get outside and he goes “wait, what happened to all the stuff? It’s just a bunch of boring white EVERYWHERE?!?!?”

Here is where you get to ask me anything you want from “can I have a discussion space for movie____?” to “What are you doing for Jackie Shroff’s birthday?” Just keep swinging back here all week as you think of new questions!

Now, question for you! If you had to choose, Snowman or Snow Angels or Snowball fight, which is more fun?

I’ve always been partial to Snow Angels myself. You get to really feel like you are one with the snow, and it’s immediate satisfaction, and you get to look up at the world for a bit and think about how everything is white-white-white.

Additional question: Which of these Jackie Shroff photos do you prefer?

Most disgusting photos of Jackie Shroff Photos
Most disgusting photos of Jackie Shroff Photos
20 Ridiculous Pictures From 90s Bollywood That'll Make You Feel Disgusted18  - Stress Buster

I think I gotta go Hat. Because it’s the only one where his body doesn’t look odd somehow.

33 thoughts on “Monday Morning Questions: What Do You Want to Ask Me the First Week of February????

1. Jackie drawing attention to his privates by concealing them. Mmmm…
    Not crazy about the bod, kinda noodle-y. But he has the face, sexy, rugged, like Tiger’s in a way, but so much better. And he has the talent Tiger lacks.

I watched all but the last few mins of Master last nite. Didn’t think I liked Thalapathy (sp? Why is he called that? What is his name anyway? ) He’s quite good in this. Now I can understand his huge fan base. I plan to finish it tonight. Does anybody want to talk about it? If not, I’ll post my comments anyway.

Yes! Happy snow. I had to shovel a path on the deck or Teddi wouldn’t go out. It’s above her belly, way above.

• Yaaaaay, another person who saw Master! I’m putting up a special Discussion Post in a bit, hold onto your comments for that.

Albie Dog is so confused by the snow, it’s too high for him to walk through but he doesn’t realize it until he’s already leaped in, and then he has to kind of lunge himself and do a series of leaps to get out and back on firm ground.

On Mon, Feb 1, 2021 at 9:10 AM dontcallitbollywood wrote:

2. You have firm ground?! New York City is essentially shut down. I kinda like it.

Thanks for the Master Discussion post. I’ll finish the film tonight and opine away.

• Well, the sidewalks are shoveled, otherwise you get a ticket. So Albie Dog and I can walk around the block together.

Also, New Yorkers are WEAK!!!! Chicagoans always go out in the snow!!! We find a way. Mostly involving a lot of helpful neighbors giving pushes.

On Mon, Feb 1, 2021 at 9:20 AM dontcallitbollywood wrote:

3. I have been on the quest for fun, romantic, light movies or shows that I have not seen but ones that still have enough substance that they make me think (I think I watched too many Chirstmas movies over the last few months and need something with a little bit more substance) but also are NOT depressing. For example, I recently watched Belle and Cake (2004 with Heather Graham not the one 2014 movie with Jennifer Aniston). And both were light but so interesting. Have you seen Cake or Belle?

Cake made me think of Bobby Jasoos in that the heroine is the lead character that gets to do all the things that normally a hero gets to do. It was just so much fun to watch. I have come to realize this is another weird genre I just love. Also it made me realize even more why most critics are stupid because I think it was so hard for reviewers to see a heroine in that role. And generally most critics just hate rom coms anyways. This is why you are the best!

Belle on the other hand, was a perfect period piece, where the writers/director took inspiration from real life events, but then created a fictionalized romance with all the right ingredients. It it completely a feel-good, happy movie with a little trickle of history popped in there for good measure.

Any other movies or shows like this that you or anyone else would recommend? I am thinking of dong a free trial of PBS Masterpiece so I can watch Sandition.

• Oooo ooo!!! PBS is the BEST for this stuff!!!

Call the Midwife, if you haven’t seen it, just AMAZING. All female focused storylines, more or less all happy endings, period, great clothes.

The Young Victoria is a lot like Belle, and will make you fall in love with both Prince Albert and Emily Blunt.

Downton Abbey of course, in case you were blanking and forgot about it.

And very dangerous information, there is a BBC TV show version of A Discovery of Witches.

Father Brown isn’t a romance exactly, but it is very light and fun with good female characters.

Agatha Raisin is a MUST. And if you get Acorn, also check out Queens of Mystery and Keeping Faith.

Oh, and the new Miss Marple, they futzed with the stories a bit to make them more Lesbian-y and romantic, and they are all set just post-war and look great.

On Mon, Feb 1, 2021 at 10:09 AM dontcallitbollywood wrote:

• Thank you! Call the Midwife and Young Victoria were on my list too! I am waiting for the entire second season of Discovery of Witches to come out so I can binge watch it. They are only releasing one episode a week and I am too impatient to wait every week for a new episode.

I liked Downton Abby but unlike others who were obsessed with it, after a few key characters’ deaths, I was over it.

Oh oh what did you think of Belle?

Oh also, I just finished the Bridgerton series and I can totally see why Lucy is your favorite! I was about a quarter of the way through the book when I texted my sister exclaiming that she is Lucy! Well not exactly, but she is a very practical organized person and I many of Lucy’s traits in her. Her response was that she basically thinks I am Kate with Hyacinth sprinkled in. I wonder if subconsciously we end up relating to and liking heroines that kind of remind us of ourselves in the Bridgerton novels? Now I have to find a new series to read.

• Did not watch Belle, just read about it. But it really does sound like Young Victoria! Period piece, more or less accurate, but also swoony romantic.

Same with Downton Abbey. I enjoyed watching it once, but every time I think about maybe rewatching it, I just am not interested. On the other hand, Call the Midwife I have rewatched at least 3 times start to finish. It is really really good.

I love Lucy! I love that she thinks about sandwich organization at parties! And I love when Gregory starts to fall in love with her and finds himself thinking “Lucy would approve of these sandwiches”.

Julia Quinn’s other interconnected series is also good, but if you want something with a little more juice, you could try the Betsy-Tacy books! Just skip ahead to Heaven to Betsy.

On Mon, Feb 1, 2021 at 10:55 AM dontcallitbollywood wrote:

• Yes! The sandwich organization is exactly what made me think of my sister!

I read the Betsy-Tacy books a long time ago. I remember really liking the progression of the books.

• Season 4 of Outlander released on Netflix, that’s what we’ve been bingeing. I’ll try to think of some others. I did like my last Turkish selection, One Way to Tomorrow, kind of a stripped down Imtiaz Ali vive.

• Oh, Outlander is PERFECT for Filmikudhi!!! Good suggestion, she should for sure do that one. Also, it will let her do a love scene analysis.

there’s also The Queen’s Gambit which I didn’t love-love, but the clothes are great.

On Mon, Feb 1, 2021 at 6:59 PM dontcallitbollywood wrote:

• Oh I don’t mean to discourage you though, everything up to the last ten minutes is lovely, I even re-watched it. The ending is clearly a set-up for the next season which sadly didn’t happen!

4. I like the weird snakey quality to his body, so it’s the first one for me. It’s sad that Tiger kind of lost that in the muscles, although his muscles also look super weird so maybe that’s how it’s manifesting.

I’ve been watching Murder she wrote and re-watching Govinda movies I barely remember for a masterlist of his movies I want to do. The mid 90s were a weird time for him, both so bad and so good. Sometimes he dances on the very tips of his toes and looks like he’s floating. Anyway, it’s a pretty good combination of media with an awe-inspiring array of fashion all together.

5. Oh yay! A Master discussion post!

Most Tamil actors tend to get titles at some point and how they get them is pretty interesting. His name is Vijay but Thalapathy means commander or general. It actually started years ago when he was starting out. Rajini had a movie called Thalapathy and Vijay is a big Rajini fan. Hence, he was called Ilaya Thalapathy (young commander). The name was an homage but as he grew into his own, it stuck and he made it his own. He dropped the ilaya a few years ago. (Its a bit odd to still be the “young ” commander in your 40s. )

6. I basically now have two days off from online teaching because of the snow and other teacher things that would take too long to explain. What the heck am I supposed to do with all this free time???

Also, yeah, the last photo of Jackie is the only one that doesn’t make me uncomfortable.

7. Viral and Anushka had the baby!! Did you see the baby?? Only the top of her head has been made public, but she has a lot of hair.

• So cheesy and Awesome!!! We mean the Aamir movie, right? Is there some new less good Mann out there?

On Tue, Feb 2, 2021 at 10:22 AM dontcallitbollywood wrote:

• Yes, Aamir and Manisha Koirala film. I read it appeared on Italian Netflix and was ready to watch it but now I see it’s not true (stupid italian Netflix never adds my kind of movies, I guess it’s not enough dark and about rape for those snobs)