I half considered doing a “serious” post for this day, people who taught me about Indian film, but then it just would have been a dozen SRK songs, and that’s not fair to the non-SRK people! So instead I’ll do teachers in general, and only half SRK songs.
And, as always, if there is a song you like that matches the theme, just mention it in the comments!
1.This is I think my favorite film image of mentoring (although, who knows, maybe Dear Zindagi will beat it!). I like the way he wants them all to be the best and do it on their own, but is still willing to protect their backs when he needs to.
2. Of course, you can also be a Guru and still be the same age as your students (or even younger!). And you can also be a Guru and be Aamir Khan instead of Shahrukh.
3. And you can be a Guru and maybe possibly also have a romantic relationship with your student.
4. Or DEFINITELY have a romantic relationship with your student! (although I think this relationship may never have really achieved the perfect Guru-student balance to begin with)
5. This is another romance that somehow ended up getting mixed up in the Guru-student dynamic. But in this case, it’s the Guru who falls for the student!
6. Of course, Amitabh is the Guru of us all.
6. But for me, it’s all about Shahrukh. Teaching me how to live my life.