I really don’t have much to say, besides “Happy Birthday!” But it is such a significant event, I felt like I should acknowledge it somehow. So here, from the depths of my great ignorance, are the first dozen reasons I have for loving you.
1.1. I love that you don’t wear your toupee in real life. So refreshing!
2. I love that you have two daughters and are a supportive and doting father, showing the world that daughters are a wonderful thing.
3. I love that your son-in-law sings this song to which I am addicted.
4. I love that you are never too proud to provide fan service and give the audience what they want from you.
5. I love that you and Amitabh have a happy balance, even while your fans compete, you are friends.
6. I loved that I got to write a lengthy post about your very fun and crowd-pleasing film Baasha.
7. I love even more that I got to write a post about how brilliant and perfect you were in a Mani Ratnam movie, opposite Mammootty and Shobana.
8. And I really love everything about Kabali, so much that I wrote and wrote and wrote and kept writing a very long post about that.
9. I love how much your fans love you.
10. I love that you are now loved all over the world, breaking into the Japanese market (for instance) in a way even Amitabh was never able to manage.
11. I love that you have worked in almost every language of cinema, and yet keep returning to your homeland of Tamil Nadu.
12. And finally, I love that you love your fans back!