New Jab Harry Met Sejal Song! Guarantee of a Happy Ending?

Another song!  They are coming fast and furious now, it’s getting closer and closer!  Oh geez, I have to figure out new angles for my Shahrukh Week, don’t I? Veer-Zaara for Shahrukh as a Punjabi?  A third post on how ridiculous it is that Shahrukh didn’t end up with Anushka in Jab Tak?  I can talk about that forever!

New song!  Lowkey release this time, just posted a couple photos from the shoot on twitter followed by the song itself.  I guess because the film promotions are running themselves now.  He had to give it a little jump start with the two fan events for the other songs, but now it is chugging along on all cylinders all on it’s own.  And, to continue the car metaphor, I suspect we will kick into a higher gear sometime next week or the week after, with a full length trailer, lots of public appearances and interviews, and so on and so on.

 

Anyway, I really really like the song!  Both the sound and more so the visuals.  Although, again IT’S NOT A REAL SONG SEQUENCE!!!!!  Where’s my big dance number?  It’s Bhangra too, which almost demands a big dance number.  But nooooooooooooo, more little “setting/clothes change, 5 second dance move, setting/clothes change, 5 second dance move, setting/clothes change, 5 second dance move…….”

But, setting that aside, I like everything else, especially the implication that we will get a straight up happy ending.  This could be a jump forward to their life together, like “Yaara Rab” at the end of Socha Na Tha.  In that case, I would guess that part of Shahrukh’s backstory is an unacknowledged within himself longing to return home.  And Anushka gives him the ability to do that, and now he is happier as a Punjabi farmer than he ever was elsewhere.

Or it is a tacked on kind of happy fantasy ending, like the end of Befikre.  In which case it must be a happy ending to feel in synch with this super happy song.  Showing how Anushka and Shahrukh are now aligned in every way, and she has taken over his Punjabi inner life.

 

What I definitely can’t see is that this is a straight up Shahrukh fantasy.  He realizes he is in love with Anushka, has this song all on his own, and then gets his heartbroken or she doesn’t feel the same way or whatever.  It just doesn’t work with the tone of the song, they are way too happy together.

 

So, does this mean we are guaranteed a happy ending?  I hope so!

Advertisements

49 thoughts on “New Jab Harry Met Sejal Song! Guarantee of a Happy Ending?

    • Ooo, good point! I love Nagada Nagada. Especially because IT HAD AN ACTUAL DANCE NUMBER! (I don’t know when I got so bitter about that)

      Like

      • Yep, I’m getting bitter about the montage copouts, too. I can’t think of the last real dance number in this year’s films. It might have actually been in last year’s Befikre (the finale and the tango dance thingy, too).

        Like

        • Befikre had so many dances! It felt like Adi was very An American in Paris inspired. I only wish they had been in a better film.

          Sultan had some great real dance numbers, only suffering because Salman was leading themw ith his locked up back.

          Like

          • But after a string of uninspiring serious films (except for Angamaly Diaries) this year, I would kill for a Befikre clone right now. Meri Pyaari Bindu is the closest we got this year. I know Badrinath fits the category but I’m still trying to block it out.

            Like

          • I think this is why we are all surprisingly excited about A Gentleman. It doesn’t look like a great movie, but it looks like a fun movie!

            Also, I am beginning to get more pumpted for Judwaa 2 than I thought I would be.

            On Thu, Jul 13, 2017 at 11:28 AM, dontcallitbollywood wrote:

            >

            Like

    • And I’m starting to think that this whole film is Ali revisiting Jab We Met because he’s in need of a career boost. Though Tamasha wasn’t that much of a flop and Highway wasn’t too long ago and was a major critical hit.

      Like

      • I don’t know, Tamasha was pretty bad. With that cast and Rahman music and being sold as a fun rom-com, it should have been a big hit. Failing like that, kind of makes it look like he can’t get big box office even when he tries.

        But I also wouldn’t be surprised if Shahrukh is driving it a little in a light direction. He needs a big fun hit too, probably even more than Imtiaz.

        Meanwhile, Anushka is doing GREAT! They should all feel lucky that she deigned to share a little of her star power with this poor over the hill behind the times older guys.

        Like

        • I think you’re right that SRK as a producer is driving this just as much as Ali needing a big win. I think SRK is now entering into the phase of his career where he should be doing more roles like Raees and Dear Zindagi but will inevitably chase his youth by playing these roles in order to also play to his base. The script better deal with or at least acknowledge that he’s so old, otherwise it will make me angry that another actor like Shahid Kapoor or Ranbir wasn’t cast.

          Like

          • Happy New Year is the one where I was really frustrated with SRK’s casting. The script describes him as a young guy on the way up with a fancy overseas degree. But then we are looking at this old craggy guy. The whole film would have been more powerful if we saw a young yuppie type who was forced to do underground fighting and scrounge for a living, and finally turned his business degree smarts to pulling off a heist.

            My theory with Shahrukh is that he wants to make Raees and Dear Zindagi, but knows he can only experiment like that if he has some solid hits behind him to provide the funding/star power. I also wonder how much of this is just to feed into Red Chillies. Once he gets enough money into the company, I think he may be counting on that to keep him and his children supported and comfortable while he starts taking one character role a year and cuts down on weddings and public performances. Look at poor Amitabh, still working like crazy at age 70 something, because he can’t afford to pick and choose.

            Like

          • Very good points. I think he’s putting money in the bank with this one. As much as he loves the big star vehicles, he must be secretly looking forward to playing the character (and even the father) roles. I can see him totally getting a kick out of playing the father to the next generation of stars on screen and maybe even acting opposite his own kids (because we know that’s inevitable, don’t we?). He’s vain, but I feel like he jokingly acknowledges in ways that the other three, including Saif, don’t, that playing these kind of roles at his age is a little silly.

            The whole Amitabh working so much to support the family’s bank account is interesting to me…so they were never that wealthy even in his peak and then didn’t he lose his wealth somehow during the dark period of his career? Plus Jaya doesn’t work that much. Also explains why Abhishek still lives at home (outside of the obvious cultural reasons), because he contributes to the family enterprise with his all too obvious “I did this role for the money” roles. I saw the still from 102 and Out film with Rishi Kapoor and I’m kind of looking forward to it! I also think that Amitabh still acts because he’s addicted to the adulation and the gravitas he gets.

            Like

          • Hrithik is the one who is feeling most disconnected from his age to me right now. Both Mohenjo Daro and Kaabil (from what I have heard) had him playing a character much much too young. And he could easily play a decade younger, successful 30-something is well within his range. But he keeps going back to “innocent young man” roles that just don’t work any more.

            With Amitabh, his biggest hits were all back before it was such a big money business. And then my understanding is they lost absolutely everything when ABC (Amitabh Bachchan Corporation) failed, and he had to take a ton of ads and other work to pay back everybody they owed money too. Jaya is a semi-serious politician, which costs money and keeps her from acting as much as she could. And Abhishek, as we know, works hard but never quite hit that “Million dollars for one wedding appearance” plateau.

            But mostly I think it is status. If he could maintain the lifestyle he is used to (both in terms of actual comforts and what those comforts represent with being able to maintain a friendship with the Ambani types), and maintain the respect and industry power he is used to, without working, I think he would. But if he wants to keep it up, he and Abhishek have to work A LOT.

            I can see Shahrukh wanting that too, the status and his kids being able to casually be friends with the top families in India. And if he can keep Red Chillies afloat long enough that it will sail on it’s own, he can get that as a producer instead of as a star. It’s what happened in Jeetendra.

            On Thu, Jul 13, 2017 at 11:37 AM, dontcallitbollywood wrote:

            >

            Like

  1. You have access to movie scripts?! Or is Happy New Year script available online?

    Almost all (mainstream) filmmakers in India will blindly cast stars as big as SRK irrespective of artistic fit if they are available and willing to sign up because it’ll always remain a business first. Also I find it hard to believe even SRK who’s been there and done that etc still needs to even think about sustaining success or “you’re only as good as last Friday” kind of thinking. As for Amitabh not sure if we can say he’s working like crazy or anything but he just loves performing and can surely pick and choose although of course his box office pull has waned long since. But his roles in Pink and Piku were oh so awesome. And the upcoming Thugs of Hindostan and the old age flick with Rishi Kapoor sound intriguing as well. Head scratchers like Sarkar will continue to happen though.

    Like

    • I think more and more scripts are available online, I haven’t read them. I just meant the dialogue in Happy New Year specifically described a character that did not match what we saw in SRK. Which kind of makes sense, because it was written right after Main Hoon Na, when Shahrukh could have pulled off a young-ish NRI type. And then they never updated the casting or the script as time passed.

      And I loved Sarkar! Okay, not Sarkar Raj or Sarkar 3, but the first one. Which I am assuming is why Amitabh did Raj and 3, the first one was such a great role for him that he keeps trying and hoping RGV can regain the magic.

      On Thu, Jul 13, 2017 at 11:48 AM, dontcallitbollywood wrote:

      >

      Like

      • Haha I think Main Hoon Na was thankfully his last college student role.

        And my bad I did intend to mean the Sarkar sequels, the original was tastefully faithful to Godfather. But yes Amitabh has said that irrespective of acclaim or success he will always be ready to work with RGV

        Like

  2. I think if you want big dance numbers, your best bet would be Munna Michael at the moment. I read an article this morning where Sidharth mentioned that the song Bandook Meri Laila from the trailer of A Gentleman isn’t going to be shot, it’s just going be used in the background. He implied that they’re going to do the same with another song as well because they want to keep the run time crisp. I think after Munna Michael and Mubarakan the only movie coming up with dance numbers will be Judwaa 2.

    Like

    • My friend Dina is going to force us to watch Munna Michael because she has a weird crush on Tiger, so good to know at least I will have the dances to look forward to! (I do not have a crush on Tiger. Too many muscles, too smooth face, not enough acting)

      On Thu, Jul 13, 2017 at 12:06 PM, dontcallitbollywood wrote:

      >

      Like

      • I don’t care about Tiger but he seems like a nice guy and can dance really well.

        What do you think about the fact that 3 of his 4 movies have all been directed by Sabbir Khan? I find it interesting that he keeps teaming up with the same director.

        Like

        • Could be a kind of “no on else wants them” situation. In the most uncharitable view of it. Kambakkht Ishq was such a massive high profile flop, it is possible that Sabbir Khan can’t get anyone besides Tiger to agree to risk his movies.

          And from the flip side, Tiger is a good dancer and has regular features, but I don’t know if many directors would want to work with his limited skill set. At least, not until he has proved himself.

          But I wouldn’t be surprised if both Tiger and Sabbir started branching out a bit after this, now that they both have a track record that they can sell to someone else.

          On Thu, Jul 13, 2017 at 12:12 PM, dontcallitbollywood wrote:

          >

          Like

          • Yeah, maybe you could look at it that way. I was thinking that Tiger’s motivation to keep working with Sabbir Khan is that he’s really comfortable with him and he’s afraid of working with someone who he’s not comfortable with. Plus his first failure was when he worked with Remo D’Souza.

            Like

          • That would be the nice way to put it 🙂 That Tiger trusts him, not that Tiger knows no one else really knows what to do with him.

            On Thu, Jul 13, 2017 at 12:23 PM, dontcallitbollywood wrote:

            >

            Like

    • Oh god, you’re right! Munna Michael is the best bet at good dancing (with Mubarakan and Judwaa 2, too…though the former will be more Punjabi party songs and the latter will probably have better dancing…as much as I’m so-so on Varun…I don’t think Illeana and Atithya can make up for Arjun’s so-so dancing but I’ll keep an open mind).

      But Tiger and more of the weird obsession with Michael Jackson…I just can’t deal with it! Either he’s trying to outright copy Hrithik or Michael Jackson. And Vidyut Jamwal does the martial arts bit better, too. As a child of the 80s in the US, I love classic Michael Jackson, too, and owned a few records, but I just do not get the whole obsession with him, especially because of his very suspect personal life. Yes, he was a very distinctive dancer and he had huge worldwide appeal, but he hadn’t done anything good since the early 90s. So when Prabhu Deva or Prabhas or Tiger (or even Hrithik in Bang Bang) do this kind of homage, it just looks so cheesy and kind of the opposite of cool.

      All that being said, this may be the first Tiger film I actually watch all the way through solely because of Siddiqui. However, he’s a star kid I’m actively rooting against because of his lack of acting talent. I would argue that Sid displayed more potential in his first movies and continues to grow, but Tiger seems to be so ego-driven and superficial that he has no hope to grow. His recent comments about the “padding” of a film in respect to the casting of women in his films and their roles was, I think, unintentionally honest. Plus, he’s got some other subtext issues going on and that makes me angry at the industry and society, not him.

      Like

      • With the Michael Jackson thing, I can understand it when Prabhu Deva does it, and a little when Hrithik does it. Because for Prabhu, it’s been there his whole career, we can see that it is a completely sincere “This man is my Guru, I continue to revere and honor him even after death” kind of thing. And I think Hrithik has that a bit too. This is a true personal relationship for them, even if they never met the man, just artist to artist. And that never having met him probably makes it a bit easier to distance the art from the artists.

        But with Tiger and some of the other younger ones, it really really feels like they are just ripping him off, or trying to build themselves up by relating to other better artists (meaning all three, Michael Jackson and Prabhu Deva and Hrithik) instead of having their own style. And their own emotions! Find your own Guru to honor, don’t steal one from someone else!

        And yes to Tiger being a star kid to root against! Varun, Alia, even Ranbir and Arjun, I’m rooting for them, because they seem to have taken their blessings with humiliaty and then dug in and forced themselves to work hard to earn them. But Tiger, I don’t know, it seems like he just kind of accepts that he gets to be a star without really thinking it through.

        On Thu, Jul 13, 2017 at 2:13 PM, dontcallitbollywood wrote:

        >

        Like

        • I agree, I should acknowledge, especially with Prabu Deva, that Michael Jackson was a guru for him and that he himself is a true dancing innovator. I think that with Hrithik it is more of a vapid hero-worship like Tiger’s because I don’t think Hrithik is really that deep:) But you’re totally right that Tiger trying to steal their Michael Jackson thunder with such a calculated film is so obvious. It is his lack of humility that does bother me the most. He was raised by a very weird man so I’ll also try to keep that in mind, too:) That KWK interview was off the wall (to carry the MJ theme through!).

          Like

  3. Tiger Shroff is a kinda weird case. I mean obv he can dance and has a great bod but its just his face and look that is the problem I think esp for a job where look is basically no1 criteria. Even if you can act well if you don’t have the looks it can take years to find your place. Guys like Irrfan, Nawaz etc (not that Tiger can ever act like them but still). Vidyut Jammwal ticks the boxes of bod and acting to an extent. Not sure if there’s anyone currently who nails all three boxes of looks,bod and acting like Hrithik but unfortunately even he is struggling to get into a stride of hits.

    Like

    • Vidyut Jammwal looks so similar to Tiger! And seems to be filling the same slot, really amazing action movies, good face and body. I thought it was Tiger when I first saw Commando 2 trailers.

      Which is kind of the problem, that neither of them have found something really unique to sell about themselves so that I can tell them apart in trailers.

      Like

      • At least Vidyut is also playing negative roles too in which he really fits because he can look the part of seriously threatening/menacing (something Tiger cannot do with that face) and a real adversary even for someone as tough as John Abraham.

        As for Munna, I’m afraid Nawaz will overshadow him and reduce him to just the dance and fight parts.

        Like

      • But strangely, I find Vidyut much more handsome than Tiger and Tiger not at all, though I see how they look alike. I also made it through all of Commando just because I liked looking at Vidyut do anything, including act poorly.

        Like

        • Lol its not strange at all, like I said Tiger just doesn’t seem to have a well proportioned, sharp face that a hero needs. Kinda like Tushshar Kapoor who also just didn’t have a hero face. I say hero which is different from male lead especially in Indian films.

          Like

  4. I have a rabid fan question. I mean this question sincerely. Both of you seem to be discussing Shah Rukh (and others) as over the hill and sort of clinging to a former fame and as making mistakes based on the desire to hold on to something that is lost. I’m not sure if I agree but I most certainly want to see more Dear Zindagi’s and Raees’ rather than anything else. However, f in fact he is ‘over the hill’ why do there still seem to be young fans who stand outside his house, come to the mall to see him and add thousands of twitter followers a month? Is that just nostalgia? That they turn out for everyone and I just see mostly Shah Rukh stuff? What am I missing? Does he have a blind spot and he is making mistakes? JHMS has already made its costs back in endorsements and various distribution rights etc. so, the health of RCE is fine. He is banking money for the costly and most probably not popular ‘Dwarf’ film.

    Like

    • Yeah I also didn’t see where they were coming from doubting SRK like that. He’s still very much got it, can command a screen with his mere presence etc and even a cynical person like me never thought he’s really looking to strengthen RCE or anything like that simply because he has no real pressing need to IMO.

      Like

      • Speaking solely for myself, I think what the cynicism I have about his (and others’) movie choices really comes down to its not too subtle connection to sexism and the role that it plays in the industry and the society at large (this also applies to Hollywood and American culture, too). A man is allowed to have these hero roles long past his “sell by” date, but it’s a huge deal when Aishwarya Rai gets to romance the younger man in ADHM. I’m also a big SRK fan and a sentimental though not blind fan of Hrithik. Both still have amazing roles in their future, I’m sure, and I do think that SRK has chosen well 80% of the time. Hrithik not so much.

        Like

    • The bigger question is if Hindi cinema is set up to allow for the kind of star Shahrukh is any more. I think what Shahrukh has to offer that the younger actors do not is a certain kind of experience, gravitas, power, that is just hard to build up today. We were just talking about Tiger Shroff, he is 3 years into his career, has only made 4 movies and worked with two directors. Shahrukh at 3 years in had made I think a dozen films, worked with that many directors as well, along with older stars, a variety of actresses, a variety of song directors, a variety of producers, and so on and so on. By the time he hit it big with DDLJ, he had the kind of effortless ability at Stardom (not acting, but Stardom), which none of these little boys will have for decades.

      The problem is, the roles available that are Star Level tend to be younger. So Shahrukh and the other Khans are the only stars around, the only people who can feed their public in this particular way. But in order to keep providing product, they have to keep taking starring roles that don’t really make sense with their ages. Which is also kind of logical, if you are trying for an all India/all ages hit, then Young Man is where it is at. Older men like to remember when they were that age, kids like to dream of being all cool and grown up like that, older women like to fantasize about a young lover or son, and young women obviously adore it. Dear Zindagi was a great movie playing his own age, and the market share was tiny compared to Happy New Year, playing much younger. It’s not “ageism” or anything, it’s truly practical.

      To go back to Amitabh, he took a break around this point. He left, and only after he left were the 3 Khans allowed to rise. I’m not saying that Shahrukh should take a break, because there is a decent chance that if he ever officially stepped back into character roles, there just wouldn’t be any more stars. All 3 Khans have kind of acknowledged that in interviews, that they will always be working, because when they stop, the industry might cease to function. Which sounds terribly egotistical, but is also kind of true. Who can fill that gap?

      So, as fans of Shahrukh-the-actor, I think we all want him to take more interesting out there roles. And I think Shahrukh-the-actor wants that for himself. But Shahrukh-the-star knows most of his fans want the other kind of role, and knows that the industry NEEDS him in that kind of role. And Shahrukh-the-businessman/father/paranoid survivor of poverty doesn’t want to risk giving up those roles until he knows that Red Chillies can provide him a stable massive income even if he stops being a star.

      So, I imagine the long time plan is to keep making these “Star” movies and slowly move more into just being head of Red Chillies, and a respected character actor. Which the fans will hate, but the man is OLD! Let him just take a break!

      On Thu, Jul 13, 2017 at 3:23 PM, dontcallitbollywood wrote:

      >

      Like

      • Youth will always by and large remain the focus of any en masse entertainment form right? It’s also about quality of the actual content too and not just star power. I didn’t see it myself but going by critic reviews both male and female, Dear Zindagi was just about okay at best. Same with Raees as well. The only other age appropriate role I can recall SRK playing is Chak De and boy was that a great movie and will remain one for the ages.

        And not a moment too soon, B2 has obviously basically upended the Hindi film industry heck even embarrassed it. Which again circles back to the content. Sure, SRK can carry off stuff like HNY every now and then but not often enough anymore.

        As for his post retirement worries, he’s also got it decently planned out with his sports (cricket) club Knight Riders which owns (successful) teams in India, the Caribbean and now recently in South Africa. So again I don’t think he’s deliberately trying to milk his status when he can via RCE. Also his wife is a successful interior designer herself I gather lol.

        Like

        • Margaret summed it all up with much more industry analysis and nuance than my more visceral reaction! But I think we’re all agreed that we do love SRK and can’t wait for this movie and other RCE productions:) I also think you make a good point, karthik, about the youthful demographic ultimately running the market, but often good content will also win over the audiences, as Chak De India and Baahubali 1 and 2 have shown in their own particular ways.

          I’m starting to think and Margaret’s analysis supports this, I think, that the Hindi film industry in relation to the overall Indian market is in severe trouble for the reasons we all are talking about here (the inability of the younger stars to create that true superstar mechanism that runs the industry, the continued critical acclaim that regional films get, and the box office success of Baahubali). I’m seeing more and more articles in the Indian press about this, too. I think that like any entertainment industry evolves, the traditional Bollywood brand and market, is evolving, too…and ultimately shrinking or at least will eventually merge with other industries in new and interesting ways. Karan Johar is smart to be out ahead of this trend with his partnership on the Baahubali rights. I think other trends are also going to feed into it, specifically the female-centric films and women like Anushka Sharma, Konkona Sen Sharma and Zoya Akhtar and others doing their own thing. I do still hope we still get some good dance numbers in the future;:

          Like

          • The other thing I have to keep reminding myself of is how much things have changed in the past 30 years in terms of how the Hindi industry functions. Global releases, and before that wide releases through out India, have changed how we look at actors and Stars. It’s possible that this may not allow for the kind of star that the Khans are to come up again. They are both too removed (you don’t get the kind of casual personal interviews, or the personal actions of charity, or just seeing them going to a temple or on the beach that you used to), and too close (there is no longer that wait for the new movie to come to your town, the excitement over if it would be good or not, the effort to get to the one theater that is playing it. Now, you just pull it up streaming or see it opening weekend with everyone else in the world).

            On Thu, Jul 13, 2017 at 6:55 PM, dontcallitbollywood wrote:

            >

            Like

    • I love that interview! And he says all the stuff you would never expect him to openly say. Heck, talking to AIB at all is a level of access/risk that you wouldn’t think a big star would take.

      It’s just so different when you compare it with the new stars who are all “my personal life is personal, I prefer not to talk about this issue, let’s focus on my films.”

      On Thu, Jul 13, 2017 at 8:41 PM, dontcallitbollywood wrote:

      >

      Like

      • That’s how comfortable and at-ease SRK is today with his superstardom. Wears it lightly almost borderline IDGAF attitude which he has earned of course.

        And I don’t see what’s wrong with refusing to answer personal questions. SRK himself hasn’t always been like he is today or in that interview. He has been fiercely protective of his kids too to keep them as away from public media glare as has been realistically possible. So even today’s stars stressing for the focus to be on their work is not wrong although as a fan I would obviously want to know as much as possible about their personal stuff. And it is good to see journalists like Rajeev Masand who are very respectful of that space in not asking Ranbir and Katrina about their breakup for example in the Jagga interviews.

        Like

        • There’s a balance which, like you say, Shahrukh wears lightly but it takes a lot of experience to achieve. He really will answer any question, but he finds a way to answer it without breaking the few things he wants to keep private. Whereas the other less experienced stars seem to have a hard time with that answering-but-not-answering balance.

          Heck, sometimes I feel like they tell too much! Ranbir doesn’t talk about dating at all, but I know way way more about his messed up childhood than I want to know.

          Anyway, that’s the kind of thing I feel like Shahrukh, and the other older stars, learned rapidly in those first years when they were giving tons of interviews but not getting a lot of attention (no internet) so they could afford to make mistakes and learn from them. Plus all that observing of other people, Shahrukh’s first director was Hema Malini in a movie with Jeetendra, Dimple Kapadia, and Amrita Singh! He probably learned more about handling media just at the communal lunch table than you could learn in years of PR training.

          Like

          • Oh Ranbir is not even on social media lol. But yes he is a very frank and open talker already and is hence very interesting to listen to like SRK. As opposed to someone like Sushant who I feel talks a lot but full of rambled stuff like he’s not sure how to organize his thoughts. Still evidently he’s quite intelligent and everything.

            Like

          • I watched the Sushant interview on FC Unfiltered and was totally unimpressed by him. You’re right…he can’t organize his thoughts and he seems to be developing a huge ego. I do appreciate his work ethic and his determination to work his way up from tv and ads. I also like most of his films and think he’s the real deal. I’m still excited to see Raabta even though it got bad reviews.

            Re: the whole issue of stars sharing their personal lives is universal. I could care less about whether or not Jennifer Aniston ever has kids, but the media wants me to care. Same with Indian film stars…I actually usually enjoy hearing about the inner workings of the industry, how people got cast, funny stories from the sets, the actual craft of acting, the professional relationships and how they play out much much more than the personal gossip. That’s why I like KWK so much, because you actually do get more of that then you would think and obviously Anupama Chopra usually keeps it professional. The FC Unfiltered interviews are the perfect Indian take on the much missed Inside the Actors Studio show from the US.

            Like

          • See, what I find fascinating about the Indian industry is that line between the coworker on set jokes and your deepest parts of your personal life is so small. Taking it back to Ranbir, I actually think it is “our” business to ask him “do you have a hard time romancing an actress onscreen without starting a relationship with her offscreen? Is this a skill you learned as your career continued? And if you don’t want to start a relationship with them, or have it be rumored in the press, does that make you hold back a little in your love scenes?”

            Anyway, that’s the kind of question I feel like Karan asks, and I really appreciate it. Because it isn’t just pure gossip, but it is also acknowledging that the job is more than just acting onscreen.

            On Fri, Jul 14, 2017 at 8:11 AM, dontcallitbollywood wrote:

            >

            Like

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out / Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

Connecting to %s