New YouTube Video! 3 Reasons Jab Harry Met Sejal is Already Streaming

Not something worth discussing in a post, but seemed right for a video.  Watch if you want, discuss in the comments.

This isn’t the best video in the world, kind of lost my train of thought in the middle a bit, but eh.  It’s there, it’s done, I’ve added content to the channel.

Oh, and I moved the camera a little closer to me, so you can still see me talking with my hands, but the sound should be better.

176 thoughts on “New YouTube Video! 3 Reasons Jab Harry Met Sejal is Already Streaming

• Don’t worry, it’s the case for my grandfather’s professional grade binoculars. You have managed to find the one thing in the video that is NOT girly. Now, if you’d noticed the copy of Breaking Dawn right above them, that would be worrisome.

On Sun, Sep 10, 2017 at 7:28 PM, dontcallitbollywood wrote:

• Dude, I watched this and went “Oh that’s a lovely top!” and instead of the usual “I wonder if i can find this here” i went “Damn, she’s attractive!” at which point I had to stop and take some mental notes about the female gaze before i replayed the video and actually listened to the content! (Yes, Margaret you look THAT lovely in this video! This is totally your color!!!)

And then I saw your comment and it made me wonder— are we switching personalities?? Like you’re the one noticing details in the background and I’m the resident tharki on this page???

• Aw, thank you! Like I said, I do love that top. This weekend I finally did the Great Clothing Swap of summer to winter, so now you get to see my variety of fitted sweaters instead of thin t-shirts.

• Say what? No way. That’s like the one crown i have that I’m trying to glorify somehow so you ain’t snatching it away that easy. Do you know how er hard I’ve worked to wear it so convincingly innocently

• Haha how can anyone be so nice a person? And yeah well real life came in the way for me too what to do. The hard-working taxpayers should also pay the bills for us so we can focus here!

• Do you know about the MacArthur genius grants? That’s my dream, to just get a ton of money out of the blue and spend it pursuing my “genius”, whatever it is.

In other words, no work work ever, just chatting with people on the blog.

Liked by 2 people

• Yes heard of it via The Big Bang Theory show lol.

But no I don’t watch GoT. Because I’m too cool like that. Or something.

• I am aaaallllllllllll about the sitcoms. I don’t want to watch TV to think! That’s what movies are for. Currently in the middle of a Sabrina the Teenage Witch marathon, which is even more brainless.

Also, my least favorite commentator was a GoT fan which soured me on it for life.

On Mon, Sep 11, 2017 at 8:07 PM, dontcallitbollywood wrote:

• The whole thing. There is a pretense of discussing the themes and so on, but a heck of a lot of it gets down to the meaningfulness of Shahrukh’s buttons popping open and so on.

On Mon, Sep 11, 2017 at 10:41 PM, dontcallitbollywood wrote:

• His pain, as represented by his chest, keeps breaking through his shallow pretense of happiness, as represented by his tiny little shirts.

On Mon, Sep 11, 2017 at 10:44 PM, dontcallitbollywood wrote:

• He responds to the objectification with gratuitous skin show which indicates his willingness to accept the female gaze in a way that gives parity to his audience, comprising mostly of women that feel suffocated by toxic masculinity within popular culture, and propagates the actor’s own vision of feminism.

• Nah, that’s just good jeans because he can afford them. He actually has one of the worst butts of the lot. Good butts need meat on the thighs to qualify.

That’s why there exist so many sex-face with open shirt SRK scenes. That’s actually the view you’d get from the top! Boy, Joyomama got him 100% right didnt she?? Where is that girl anyway? she gotta teach us thing 😉

• You are right, Shahrukh is all about the “I am yours, do what you will with me” persona!

On Mon, Sep 11, 2017 at 11:08 PM, dontcallitbollywood wrote:

Liked by 2 people

• Montgomery Cliff. Lawrence Olivier. Young Dev Anand. Cary Grant. People just looked better in black and white!

• Both? But mostly dead guy actors. Cary Grant, maybe from the top back when he was starting out as Mae West’s boytoy, but definitely not later.

• OK, so your current view from the top list then.

Me: Definitely Gerard Butler!! Also, Idris Elba, Tom Hardy, Adnan Siddiqui, Prithviraj, Sergei Bodrov Jr.

guys with smiling eyes, definitely!!!

• Wait, we WISH to view from the top, or have that particular personality which seems to make them natural bottoms? It’s an important distinction.

Anyway, Shahrukh Shahrukh Shahrukh. Shahrukh Shahrukh. Shahrukh.

• Nothing like a natural bottom, is there??

I just meant more like “would have the most pleasant expressions during the time spent at the top”. SRK has the “most rewarding” bottom face though. That’s like a medal for the thigh cramps!!

• Also, did you miss the discussion of how the “Ooonchi Hai Building” lyrics defend a woman’s right to consent? Some men would just force her lift open!

• Lol I can’t bear to read about men being objectified. Not very many you know :p and yeah at this rate I’d need a testosterone shot!

• Yes, exactly, but when women do it, it is empowering and reclaiming our sexuality.

Plus, i mean, they are asking for it! Going around flaunting themselves.

• View a girl gets when she’s on top of.. OH. Gotta reread all the posts..

OH. Yeah I get it of course I got it the first time, I was just asking to uh confirm ki wohi hoga na aur kya ho sakta hai. Of course I know!

• I thought so, but now I am not sure. I’ve lost track of comments history! Depends on how far I will travel for cake.

• It’s true, I am good at making cake. That sounds like a double meaning, but it’s literal, I make good cake.

• You’re definitely marriage material!!

Speaking of, both Karthik and I have kinda told you about our relationships. But we don’t know much about yours.

I just dont want Karthik to have any false hopes if there’s a mister around already 😛

• Oh. Nope. I am exactly as saintly and innocent as you would think. Really. My life is church, work, blog, making cakes for friends. Never drink, never drug, haven’t even really dated (now you can yell at me too, but it just never seemed that important!) only stay up late when you suck me into commenting until all hours. Total innocent. Who happens to have a bunch of extremely uninnocent friends and therefore can put up a front.

• Oh, and help me out here– Who’s that white actor– Tall, kinda bearish looking, always seems to have a stubble game going, has the cutest dimples and smile and is in a bunch of films about food and wine. Kinda has a body like Jon Favraeu but taller and bigger biceps. Ive been going mad trying to remember his name!!!! or his films!!!! HELP!!!

• I am at a complete loss! Partly because i don’t watch white people movies that much any more. Give me something more than “food and wine” and i might be able to figure it out.

• he’s definitely past his late 40s. His name and his films are at the tip on my tongue!!!! UGHHHHH just gotta figure this out myself i guess! He has the loveliest view from the top face!!

• This is why I didn’t wanna get too real too soon! Don’t I know that? But yeah your point still stands however grudgingly I have to admit it.

• Ahem. Hey watch who you’re calling stupid woman! And what’s wrong with Mama’s boy? Daddy’s girl is cute and all na phir Kya.

You can keep your aggressive go-getter wala attitude to yourself! Rest of us can uh catch up over a simple cake sometime and see where it goes :p

• was I that obvious I didn’t say that. She’s a fine woman who can date whoever she wants! Or doesn’t want. She’s more difficult to impress than just hoping to bond over cake and Harvard hatred!

• Chalo acha hai you said it yourself. Now if you’ll excuse me I need to look up tickets to Chicago. Because I have friends there ok so stop smirking. I mean I’ll make friends by the time I have to go so same difference.

• 🙂

Acha ab I’m not used to having actual convos real ya virtual with women who may even be friends and then to end it with a simple and warm smiley.. ro bhi doon shayad :p

*reaches for Mama’s pallu*

• How in the world did you get Jeffrey Dean Morgan from that???? I am in awe.

On Tue, Sep 12, 2017 at 7:52 AM, dontcallitbollywood wrote:

Liked by 2 people

• Tall bear looking dimples. Plus noticed by an Indian woman while he sadly languishes in side roles on tv and screen when he deserves so much more?!

Either it was Jeffrey dean Morgan (who shares my love for hairy chested manly masculine men?!) or a bad description of Sean bean (who’s all that but also British and nothing even remotely like favreau).

My entire takeaway from watching foreign movies is that Americans don’t appreciate bear looking extremely masculine men. Not saying Brad Pitt or that Canadian boy-man are bad but cmon could they play the cigar chomping comedian (Watchmen) and the dad in supernatural and Uma thurmans boyfriend in that other movie? I don’t think so.

And don’t even get me started on Sean Bean.

*end rant*

• Oh oh! I read a study on this! There is an argument that it is all because of birth control pills. American women’s estrogen levels have been out of whack for the past 50 years, leading us to enjoy fewer and fewer “you look like you could get me pregnant” men and more and more “you look like a nice enough fellow” men.

On Tue, Sep 12, 2017 at 12:04 PM, dontcallitbollywood wrote:

Liked by 2 people

• 1. My favorite line of Margaret’s in all the scene by scenes is that Shah Rukh is wearing “an idea of a shirt” in Butterfly. I’ve been sharing that one with friends and family I’m trying to convince to watch with me.

2. Asmita, I can agree to disagree on whether SRK’s Don is a street fighter, but I CANNOT have you disparaging his butt. Pre- his obsession with abs (curse you, Farah) resulting in so much weight loss, he had a truly fine ass, complete with, as you say, meat on his thighs. 🙂 This is why I enjoy all those scenes in shorts from his younger days–right up through KANK. Skinny calves, but a great ass.

Even still, the old greatness shines through once in a while. Like when he’s wearing khakhis in Hawayein in JHMS. There’s a shot during the break in the song when he’s leaning against some stairs watching Anushka flapping around looking for the ring in a plaza, and I remember thinking, “Oh, hi there, cute-butt!” on the first watch. And I’ve looked for that shot every watch since. Yes, as Margaret said, an estrogen swamp.

• Oka, 4 weeks ago I’m at work, and my co-worker/friend sends me an instant message saying “come here right away!” and I think she’s done something terrible to the work computer or something and needs my help. So I rush over, and it’s because she found that moment in Hawayein and had to share. It’s partly a perspective trick, he’s got his hands in his pocket and is kind of leaning on something, but still, OH MY GOSH.

On Tue, Sep 12, 2017 at 6:10 AM, dontcallitbollywood wrote:

Liked by 2 people

• Not sure if this will work or not:

[image: Inline image 1]

On Tue, Sep 12, 2017 at 7:56 AM, dontcallitbollywood wrote:

• Yes, he used to be very proportionate. He’s getting back there again. The quest for the 6-pack ruined a lot of genuinely hot bodied guys. That requires so much dieting. Men should either be cut all over or chunky with good muscle definition underneath. What you gonna do with abs anyway?? What purpose do they serve?? Arms and thighs, now those have a purpose!!!

PS, maybe that’s why he looks so good in salwaar and sherwani, don’t you think?

• omg. is that how everyone sees SRK? :O I don’t think I have ever even noticed his um butt…he’s SRK..he’s everything… I mean once a man is so perfect….how do I even see him that way…as individual body parts….he’s hot…and I love the tight shirts they make him wear in JHMS (god bless you Imtiaz)

Liked by 2 people

• I never see him like that! 😊 not that I don’t think he’s sexy but it’s the whole thing everything from his smile to his wit to his body is beautiful and sexy to me.

• My all time fav men are srk, Sanju baba, nags, Rajni, maddy and Hrithik.

Amitji in deewar phase, dev saab in b and w times, rakshit Shetty in kirik party, Ranbir in Tamasha and rockstar, Aamir in talassh, sarfarosh, Mangal Pandey and that titan raga ad, Salman in everything pre 1999 are second rung.

After that come the rest. I pretty much can’t find flaws in any men I like them all 😊 unless they are criminals and/or psychotic.

(Haven’t listed the firangs seperately but that would again be a long list)

Liked by 2 people

• Shout out for Amitji in Deewar phase! Every once in a while there are academic papers about how he was able to capture the whole audience, men and women, for a while there. And debates over if it was because he represented the struggle of the powerless or the fight for freedom or whatever, that would cut across genders. And I just think “yeah, well, all of that is true but also he was HOT!!!”

On Tue, Sep 12, 2017 at 12:21 PM, dontcallitbollywood wrote:

Liked by 2 people

• He captured a certain kind of rage against the state that will be impossible to resist even for the most non-libertarian of humans. It’s not just animal sexuality it’s power dynamism arrogance all mixed together into the most masculine beast man possible.

When he says main aaj bhi phenke hue paise nahi uthatha (I still don’t take money thrown my way) to iftekar even though he has nothing and can lose everything -that defiance is sexy.

• For me, it’s all about his entry in Trishul. It’s just perfect peak Amitabh in every way.

On Tue, Sep 12, 2017 at 12:27 PM, dontcallitbollywood wrote:

• Wait a second, looking at your list again, WHERE’S DHARMENDRA?????

On Tue, Sep 12, 2017 at 12:21 PM, dontcallitbollywood wrote:

• Dharm is cute. More than sexy no? But yes he has a dewy strong masculinity to him. I’ll add him in my third rung with mammootty, dulqer, Siddharth, Rana prabhas , Arvind swamy karthi ,tiger ,ranno, 90s Akshay, 2000s saifoo , 80s kamal, tezaab Lamhe beta-ish Anil, 80s rishi and Vinod Khanna.

• Anil? Now that’s just perverted! I look at him and all I see is “dad-face”.

On Tue, Sep 12, 2017 at 12:34 PM, dontcallitbollywood wrote:

• But Lamhe!

Nahi kunwar ji agar sweater badalvana hi tha toh main anitaji ki pasand ka le ati. Main aapko unki pasand ya aapki pasand ka kyun doon? Main kuch apni pasand ka dena chahti thi!

And him as tadipar in tezaab!

And him as lakhan!

And him cute and sweet husband in beta! ❤️❤️❤️

Yeah three of these has Mads who I live but I love Anil too 😊

• I can respect him in Lamhe, I can believe Sridevi loves him, and yet I still just see “Dad”. And Tezaab I see “Dad being funny and pretending to be bad”.

The only time I could maybe almost see it was in Dil Dhadakna Do when, come to think of it, he actually WAS playing a Dad!

On Tue, Sep 12, 2017 at 12:40 PM, dontcallitbollywood wrote:

Liked by 2 people

• I don’t get that at all. I just don’t. That phase of films I really loved him. And anyway whatever was madhuris was mine for a bit. I couldn’t let go of her gaze. Munna is one of my all time fav characters!

• I was watching those old Sanjay-Madhuri songs for my fanfic, and I couldn’t believe how attractive she made him! I mean, I always love Sanju, but Madhuri really sold him as the end all-be all.

On Tue, Sep 12, 2017 at 12:46 PM, dontcallitbollywood wrote:

• Heck I even had a thing for Sanjay Kapoor because of her in raja. And sweater Rishi in Prem rog! Mads rulez everyone else droolz! 😁

• He’s just he’s just not that scruffy haired punjabi munda now he’s like one of those nri boys who listen to honey Singh and drink to get drunk. Ugh.

• My inability to properly nest replies in this chain of amazing-ness is frustrating! Margaret, thanks for posting the screen shot, but it didn’t work. I might have to learn to do them in order to more efficiently ogle SRK. From ALL angles I might add. I don’t hold with this either/or approach to ogling. Also, I think he is a switch: vanilla, sub, or dom depending on mood, partner(s), and circumstances.

Thanks Asmita and P for the translation of tharki! Clearly I might be a member of that club. 😉

Liked by 2 people

• See? It’s an illusion! His butt is sticking out to prop against that post, his hand is pulling the pants extra tight just there, plus the bulge of his hand in the pocket is creating a false balance back to front.

I mean, there is still a bottom there, but it may not be the degree of bottom we are thinking.

On Tue, Sep 12, 2017 at 10:48 AM, dontcallitbollywood wrote:

• I dispute that his butt is sticking out. His whole body is leaning back, Look at the angle from shoulder to contact point with the stair. You are right that the hand in the pocket helps accentuate the curve–but (haha) there is a curve there!

Having said that, I’d prefer it if he were 5-10 kgs heavier–NOT more muscle. I also miss his little double chin. But I will accept him just as he is. 😉

1. Nice analysis — and good jewelry! I was so clueless, I didn’t know you could rent through YouTube (I just checked it out).

Next video, sitting behind a desk or table? Tighter shot (head and shoulders?). And maybe hold up your book at the end? Maybe have your blog name on a sign? (I’ll make you one!)

• But then you can’t see my hands talking! I noticed on the earlier videos that only the top part of my hand gestures showed up. But maybe closer and higher would work, I’ve got a bit of a pinhead effect in this one since the camera is looking up.

On Sun, Sep 10, 2017 at 7:37 PM, dontcallitbollywood wrote:

2. Oh Margaret, I cant get over how pretty you look in this video. This is a casual date night sweater right?

Content: Agreed. streaming and freemium market is going to be THE way to go because the traditional movie-on-demand on DTH is again a limiting format as in you dont get to pause the film and then you only have 24 hours where you can watch it.

Rewatch on TV is harder to do with films like these I guess because if it doesnt hold your attention in a theatre, you’re probably going to skip to another channel during an ad break when this is on TV and forget to return.

I watched moviemavengal’s review of Rana’s webseries trailer and then I read an interview by him where he said something like not all content is meant for the big screen. Maybe someone could convince SRK to do that– a web or TV series where he still tells stories he likes but it doesnt come with the pressure of “this has to be the blockbuster of the year”

• First, I love this sweater! It’s one I tried on in the store and then immediately bought two in red and one in teal. That’s the main reason I decide to do a video, I look down at myself and think “ooo, I’m wearing a good top today! I should do a video.”

I’d love to see SRK in a risky webseries. And Y-films is already out there in that market, why doesn’t Adi just call him up and suggest it?

• I love finds that make me buy two or more of them immediately!! They feel like luck and good things forever!

SRK in a modern Byomkesh Bakshi. Or a crime drama or a legal drama! Not a lot. Like a 12-part season with each 40 minute long episode dealing with a single case that concludes with the episode but somehow it leads him to a bigger mystery that concludes with the season.

Have you watched Westworld? I love that series!!

• I would love to see SRK in kind of the “regular man pulled into a mystery” role. Picture a normal family man lawyer, who takes a case that looks like nothing, and then his client is killed, and he gets mysterious packages, etc. etc. So he isn’t an action hero and he is a little out of his depth, but he keeps getting sucked in further and further. And meanwhile we get like 10 minutes per episode of his wife calling and asking what’s going on, and his kids being upset because he missed their school recital or something, so there is that tension between every day life and the mystery. And then of course in the series finale two parter, his family is kidnapped by the “bad guys” and the two parts come together and he has to save them and solve the mystery and everything all at once.

• I was actually imagining Castle and Ally McBeal. I know I know Castle is so mainstream network, but I think SRK can so do a Richard Castle.

Also, him as Robert Downey Jr. in Ally McBeal. Omg that was such a sexy, sweet little role!! Of course I’ve loved RDJ since Only You!!

• And this is another one of those things that makes me think “wait, are Asmita and I THE SAME PERSON???” I saw Only You in theaters when I was 9, no idea why our parents decided it was appropriate to take us, but it was such a cute movie! And it seems like it’s been basically forgotten in the years since then.

Oh, and if you haven’t seen Soapdish, fix that IMMEDIATELY. One of the all time great RDJ performances.

• What if we ARE the same person and we don’t realize that because we’re connected by the Internet and some strange alternate dimension thing is happening?? Too much? Or too South Indian film which may or may not feature Rajnikanth?

I was obsessed with Only You. When he puts on her shoe and goes, hey I’m am that dude and she’s all “aiyyo” (for lack of a better expression), I totally understood the emotion and the film.

• I can’t believe Only You hasn’t been remade yet, it’s the perfect Indian film plot (destiny, true love, travel in Europe, wedding planning). It’s so perfect I don’t even really want to bother re-writing it or anything, because there would be no challenge to it. Beyond casting maybe? Rajkummar Rao would be the perfect hero, Sonam maybe for the heroine? And there, done!

• Please don’t ruin it. I don’t want gritty Rajkummar and resting bitch face Sonam in it.

DQ and Nazriya.

In Tollywood, a beardless Rana or Prabhas and Kajal.

In Bollywood, Ranbir and Kangana

• Oh wow, Ranbir would be GREAT! I kind of want to see him do all of RDJ’s roles now, at least the early ones. Very similar energy. But can we swap in Dips instead of Kangana?

3. This was informative, thanks!
    My first guess was piracy, but forgot about the Netflix deal, even as much as I love said Netflix deal. My next guess was also because it was under performing in the cinema’s.
    I just purchased it on iTunes…and while the vid quality is great, the random delay of anywhere from 2-8 seconds in the subtitle sync is driving me nuts. *cough* torrents later*cough*
    The rewatch has also made me aware of a lot of issues the movie has, and my brain immediately goes towards theorising why those issues are there, esp given we know Imtiaz pitched another, more depressing movie first to SRK.
    …I need to sit down and write that up, so the buzzing idea’s will shut up.

• Please do! And, if you haven’t already, check out my full index of coverage and scene by scene posts. Just because it might help you organize your thoughts a little to have the film broken down into 5 minute segments.

• I had the same problem with the iTunes version (like an idiot I bought it on both YouTube and iTunes because I want my library in one place and was too impatient to just wait for the iTunes version). Spent over an hour with iTunes tech support to determine that it wasn’t my device, nor an internet issue, nor malware, etc., but the problem is at the source–not iTunes but the digital version they have. Reported the problem to iTunes as my tech support person suggested and they refunded me and said to wait 3 weeks (!) to repurchase to give them time to solve the problem.

So I recommend that you also report it without wasting your time with tech support to try to solve the problem. There’s a link in the email receipt you receive from iTunes to report a problem–because if more of us report it maybe it will get fixed faster?

Now purchasing it on YouTube doesn’t look so dumb to me!

Oh, and also want to mention, not only is the video quality better on iTunes–both the color and the clarity–but the subtitles are much better than the YouTube version. Only now they’re not in sync with the dialogue 😦

• Thank you! I do highly encourage legal buying, but if itunes is messed up, and it isn’t available legally in some regions, might as well use the illegal option. At least for now.

On Mon, Sep 11, 2017 at 4:52 PM, dontcallitbollywood wrote:

• My understanding is that they are technically not legal. But the majority of their content is from producers who cannot sell the rights, and so don’t care (Malayalam films, for instance). I could be wrong about all of that thoygh.

• hmmm…may be u r right….but they have that $25 subscription scheme which allow you to watch UHD videos and videos without Ads… Looks legit to me…

Anyway, my comment earlier was posted as anonymous which also happened a few days ago in another post…I dont know why 🙂

• So I’ll say it again for what it’s worth. It is NOT legal in any which way. They just cleverly place their servers in places where laws are loose enough and of course you can’t penalize people for viewing illegal content or even storing them for personal use. Only distributing them is highly scrutinized and that is where nations with very broad or loose laws come into play as to where they could physically place their servers.

For the ultra high quality content they just save people the trouble of finding them on torrents coz lots of harmful stuff goes around in torrents if you’re not careful. And well many people find it ok simply because they charge for it and do provide great quality but still illegal. They’re making a killing although sure they do have operating costs and probably even attorney costs.

4. Margaret: I am so curious about your hair. Is it that long for religious reasons? Or do you just like it that way? Its really pretty and is what Sabyasachi (my fav designer) would call princess hair.

Liked by 2 people

5. I go offline for a day and see where the discussion goes. You guys!

I rewatched Rab Ne Bana Di Jodi this weekend with a friend and we were noticing how sad it is that guy who is barely 5′ 8″ can’t find t-shirts long enough to cover his tummy. I promised her greater thrills when I get my hands on the JHMS DVD.

And I have been working on the S & M SRK fan fic. It’s challenging, not just because I am new to fiction, but I know nothing personally about S & M. So of course, being the professor I am, I had to do some research. The biggest challenge is casting, since I am such an Indian film novice. So I may just sketch out the characters and invite casting ideas. Aiming to have it one before I leave to attend my 50th high school reunion this Friday.

Liked by 2 people

6. For those unhappy with the SRK six-pack abs look, I’m happy to report that I saw some interview on youtube recently where he mentioned that he saw some pics of himself and felt those abs were making him look like a cockroach so he’s letting that go now. So rejoice people, I think he is done with that look.