Happy Engineer’s Day (in India)!!!! What a Wonderful Holiday!!!

When we were little little girls, our grandmother brainwashed all 5 of us to believe to the depths of our souls “engineers make the best husbands” (guess what my grandfather, father, and brother-in-law all do?).  And so I can’t ignore this holiday!

1.1. I love this song for perfectly capturing the look and attitude of the IIT grad.

2. Shashi makes a very cool and easy breezy type of engineer.

3. A less cool engineer.  But with a pretty assistant.

4. New version of life for an engineer, Bangalore, freedom, and fun.

5.  Remember, Viviek is a computer engineer too!

6.  I almost forgot, Shahrukh was a computer engineer too!  Of the cool video game designing type, but still.

7.  And of course, Swades.

8. Going back to the classics for a moment, remember when Dharmendra helped his uncle invent solar power?

9. Going back to those computer engineers/video game designers, let’s look at Prabhas in Mr. Perfect!

Okay, that’s all I’ve got off the top of my head!  Feel free to add on in the comments.

90 thoughts on “Happy Engineer’s Day (in India)!!!! What a Wonderful Holiday!!!

• Haha nah written skills not verbal. But don’t tell her that let’s not undersell me! We can of course always communicate via notes on the fridge easy peasy.

• Hey, with the emails and the texting and all, no need to ever actually speak again!

On Thu, Sep 14, 2017 at 9:25 PM, dontcallitbollywood wrote:

• That works too. So let’s see what else.. Oh as for recently turned 96 grandpa is he as hard to please as DDLJ Amrish Puri?

• Really, the engineer thing is the biggest one for him too. Especially if you are a computer engineer because he keeps breaking his in odd ways.

• Well, at some point you would have to actually talk to me in real life.

On Thu, Sep 14, 2017 at 9:43 PM, dontcallitbollywood wrote:

• Ah bummer. But you just said emails and text are fine! Oh why does real life always have to come in the way. Wait, but you talk so much right so you can talk for us both!

• It’s true! Not saying you have to talk a lot in real life, but I think introducing Grandpa to a computer screen and a semi-anonymous commentator won’t really inspire his trust.

On Thu, Sep 14, 2017 at 9:51 PM, dontcallitbollywood wrote:

• Oh leave him to me I’ll impress him with remote fixes for all his computer issues. What better to way to earn his trust?

And I’m now reminded of movies like Her and Transcendence. That can’t be good.

• Definitely not good! Meat space, real world, still a vital area. What a minute, didn’t you say you have 20% a day of no screen time? See! you can exist in reality as well as virtual reality!

On Thu, Sep 14, 2017 at 10:01 PM, dontcallitbollywood wrote:

• Oh good! My views have gone up like crazy on the posts with our chat, which I thought was related, but nice to have confirmation that we aren’t just bugging other people.

On Fri, Sep 15, 2017 at 5:17 AM, dontcallitbollywood wrote:

Liked by 2 people

• I wanted to, but I just used them in my post for Grandpa’s birthday. So thank you for mentioning them so I don’t have to!

On Thu, Sep 14, 2017 at 9:25 PM, dontcallitbollywood wrote:

• Hi there! I have another random translation request: another behind the scenes video from JHMS. It’s like 90 seconds long, and I’m just curious what little cute things SRK might be saying throughout…

A couple of notes: at 35 seconds I note that he has no trouble kissing (nuzzling, whatever) offscreen–ahem; and at 1.14 seconds we get a little more evidence to judge the butt question. Sigh, I think you may be right about the optical illusion in Hawayein, Margaret. 🙂

• I just presented this to my panel of experts (two of my co-workers who are also performers), and the agreement was that if you have your leg up like that it will always straighten and lower the butt level. More importantly check out around 40 seconds when we get the chair shot from Beech Beech Mein. That appears to be his natural butt level and, while not at the same hieght as Hawayein, it is still good.

On Fri, Sep 15, 2017 at 9:59 AM, dontcallitbollywood wrote:

Liked by 2 people

• at 0:06 Sejal, I miss you
          at 0:012 I’m coming to all your rooms. Take a (my?) number!
          at 0:16 I’m very happy (sarcastically)
          at 0:28 If we have to go from (i didnt get the name of the place), we can do that too
          at 0:29 Are you crazy?
          at 0:35 yes, take it. it’s late.
          at 0:30 (?) (i didnt get what he said)
          at 0:52 When i get naked, so does everyone else
          at 0:58 Let me know if i still have my nose. Anushka: It’s there
          at 1:00 but for mom and dad, your brother in law (something, something *bad audio*)
          at 1:08 after this, we’ll go up there
          at 1:25 do not let me loose

There were some dialogues from the film so I’m assuming you know them better than me already.

Enjoy!! 🙂

• WHEN I GET NAKED, SO DOES EVERYBODY ELSE???? I may have to watch this again just looking for that line.

On Fri, Sep 15, 2017 at 10:52 AM, dontcallitbollywood wrote:

• Perhaps this is the explanation for our discussion on male/female gaze videos? Dard E Disco was supposed to just be SRK, but then random women saw he was naked and started ripping their clothes off?

On Fri, Sep 15, 2017 at 11:02 AM, dontcallitbollywood wrote:

• No that was Farah enjoying being in the director’s seat and using all her experience to hardsell her film. Just SRK would be too much. Besides, you’re not supposed to notice the women in the background. They’re props. Sounds horrible but that’s the truth.

• I like that you specify just SRK as “too much” rather than “too little”. Which is true, just naked SRK is like the sun, you would have to look away.

On Fri, Sep 15, 2017 at 11:08 AM, dontcallitbollywood wrote:

• He’s cultivated such a nice boy next door image that you almost feel slutty for objectifying him so but you can’t resist it either.

Like saying “OMG Salman so hot” won’t be an issue for people but analyse every part of SRK’s body and face and his hair for 3 years and suddenly you’re obsessed!! SHEESH!!

• I’m looking at my DVD shelves, and I’m drawing a blank. Women are lawyers, doctors, interior decorators, and fashion designers. and models sometimes. But mostly just daughters/wives/sisters.

Oh!!! Tabu in Kandukondain Kandukondain!!!! She’s sort of a computer engineer. and there’s another reason to watch the film, if you haven’t already. And Kajol in VIP2, the antagonist to the hero and a more successful engineer.

On Fri, Sep 15, 2017 at 5:20 AM, dontcallitbollywood wrote:

Liked by 2 people

1. Engineers day is celebrated for vishveshwaraiya who built my home town to all its glory and was Dewan to the king. He designed and executed asias first hydroelectric power station and dam. Bangalore was then the first Indian city to get electricity. My dad and allmostveveryone in my family is an engineer. So this is a very special holiday 😊