Photo Post: Albie Dog Dressed Up as “Al-Bee” and A Difficult Baby

I have a cute photo and a less cute story, so you can hear one and then be rewarded with the other. Also, Dogs > Babies.

You ready for the sound that I have heard in the background every time I talked to my sister on the phone for the past 3 days?

He just Will. Not. Stop. Crying. My sister went to a new mother support group yesterday, all set to vent, but everyone else had actual problems so she felt embarrassed to bring up a perfectly healthy (no fever or anything) baby who just keeps crying for no reason.

But I can vent to you all! Do you know how irritating it is to try to talk to your sister about the cute thing your dog did today, or the movie you just watched, when there is this horrible baby crying sound in the background? So irritating! People talk about how hard it is to be a new mother, but what about the forgotten sufferers, the siblings of new mothers who have to shout over baby sounds to pass on small stories of their day?

In happier quieter news, yesterday Albie Dog dressed up as “Al-Bee” to test out his new Halloween costume.

And then Albie Dog went into his new house for the first time to hide because I made him wear a Halloween costume.

To sum up, my dog is cute, send helpful good thoughts to my nephew to make him happier, and helpful good thoughts to my sister so she doesn’t lose her mind.

Advertisements

6 thoughts on “Photo Post: Albie Dog Dressed Up as “Al-Bee” and A Difficult Baby

  1. Is it possible your nephew has tummy trouble? My son was very calm except when I breastfed him after eating cheese or drinking milk. I had to eliminate all diary from my diet.

    Like

    • He also spits up CONSTANTLY (so gross), so yes, highly likely. This all just makes me grateful for my good digestion. And ability to communicate clearly when my tummy hurts and understand why it hurts and make myself feel better, instead of just sobbing and hoping someone figures it out because he doesn’t know what is happening.

      On Wed, Sep 18, 2019 at 2:58 PM dontcallitbollywood wrote:

      >

      Like

    • They went to a whole Happiest Baby on the Block seminar! Which got me lost in the logic of it, because do they only allow people to register if they don’t live on the same block as any other participant? Is this whole thing just about happiness for the 10% while the remaining 90% are less happy?

      Albee is so cute! And doesn’t cry at all.

      On Wed, Sep 18, 2019 at 9:05 PM dontcallitbollywood wrote:

      >

      Like

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out /  Change )

Google photo

You are commenting using your Google account. Log Out /  Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out /  Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out /  Change )

Connecting to %s

This site uses Akismet to reduce spam. Learn how your comment data is processed.