Outfits! Although I am going to try to actually rank them, so that will give you something fun to argue about in the comments.
19. I know it’s iconic and helped him make his mark and all of that, but no. Just, no.
18. It’s fun, it’s silly, it’s in character, and I still hate it.
17. My reaction is similar to Madhuri’s. Mouth covering horror.
16. This is why I can never fully embrace “Suraj Hua Madham”. Kajol looks amazing, Shahrukh looks like he borrowed a shirt from my grandmother. Only she would have worn something underneath.
15. There is a certain sentimental fondness for the 90s faux-Armani suits. But setting aside the emotional feeling for them, they are just TERRIBLE. There’s a way to do baggy where it looks on purpose, and there’s a way to do it where it looks like an unfortunate accident, and this is the second.
14. Ah! That’s better. Take the jacket off, the shirt is still too big and the tie too wide, but it’s not terrible.
13. There was a time in my life, when I thought this was perfection. But then I grew older and wiser and realized that a sweater on top of a sweater is just STUPID.
12. I know the first half of Kuch Kuch is iconic for bringing western casual wear to Hindi film, and Shahrukh does look cute in it, but still no.
11. And yet, all the way back in his very first film, he had already found an outfit he would always look great in. The simple uniform.
10. Slightly better in his second famous take on it.
9. And peaking in his third.
8. Really anything standardized and tailored is good, especially when he puts his own twist on it, like the tuxedo in “Chammak Challo”.
7. The simple blazer over white shirt in Chak De.
5. Or his best looks, the traditional kurta. Casual in Raees.
4. Formal in Kal Ho Na Ho.
3. Top 3! Dear Zindagi, the casual linen look.
2. Jab Harry Met Sejal and the shirts that can barely stay closed and the jeans that are just the right amount of loose.
- And finally, I know it’s not the most objectively flattering outfit, but it is his most iconic, important, memorable, everything else outfit.