You ready for a challenge? I’m gonna pull out every big Varun dance song I can remember, and we have to rank them! Or at least, pick the one you love best (for those of you who don’t care as much).
So this isn’t overwhelming (the man dances a lot), I am picking only ONE SONG per movie.
“Palat Tera Hero”
“Lucky Tu Ya Lucky Me”
“Lift Tere Bandh Hai”
Okay, my totally subjective rankings!
- “Dua Karo”: watching this song has brought more joy and laughter to my life, than any other on the list. Really, try it!
- “Sun Saathiya”: legitimately good dancing! Not the usual bouncy leapy thing he does, but slow and smooth and nice.
- “Palat”: This was his second movie, and I think the song and dance are just a little cleverer than later films, more experimenting and less spectacle.
- “Manma Emotion”: I have liked this song since the trailer released. It’s catchy, the pants are weird but the cars are fun, and the hook step is fun to watch.
- “Lift Tere Bandh Hai”: This is mostly just because the song/lyrics are so amazing, but it’s also kind of fun to see him with two different heroines.
- “Jaaneman Aah”: I still want to see him and Pari together! Their chemistry is what sells this song.
- “Vele”: Speaking of chemistry, Sid and Varun! If only Sid were a better dancer, this would be much higher.
- “First Class”: Old school spectacular dance song, I love it! I just wish the song itself were a little catchier, and the edits came a little less faster so we could appreciate the dancing more.
- “Tamma Tamma”: Eh. It’s another remix, but the original song concept isn’t as good as “Lift Tere Bandh Hai”, so a remix without Madhuri and Sanju Baba to sell it is just dull.
- “Lucky Tu Ya Lucky Me”: I really don’t like this song! It’s repetitive and boring to listen too, there are too many lights and explosions happening to see the dancing, Alia is there and is terrible (as usual in dances), and it doesn’t even really work right within the plot of the film. BOOOO!