Monday Morning Questions: What Do You Want to Ask Me As I Recover From Surgery?

Happy Monday! I am not at work, because I am lazy lazy lazy, instead I am laying here with my foot up doing nothing. Entertain me by asking me questions!

Here is where you get to ask me anything at all from “how’s the foot?” to “what’s that movie where Manisha’s feet fall off?” Swing back here all week as you think of new questions, no limits!

Now, question for you! And a bit of an answer too. If you are wondering, my foot still hurts quite a bit, and I get to choose between hurting foot and taking the pain pills that make me feel sick. Either way, I need distraction! What super absorbing distracting book/TV show/movie can you recommend to me?

I’ve almost finished Andi Mack, I’m trying to read a murder mystery but keeping track of all the entrances and exists to the room and where the key is kept and who had access to the weapon and all of that is not happening right now, and I’m looking at two more days at least before my parents let me go back to work. I hate being a useless lumpy lump who’s not doing anything! What can you suggest that will make me forget my foot hurts, and my head is spinning, and I am wasting a perfectly good day just laying in bed?

At least Albie Dog keeps visiting me. Although he is irritated that I won’t play with him.

26 thoughts on “Monday Morning Questions: What Do You Want to Ask Me As I Recover From Surgery?

  1. In India if some gets a surgery done then all near and dear visit them either in the hospital or once they are back home. I mean not only surgery but anything involving hospitalization. Is that something which happens in the US.

    Perfect show for binge watching – Alice in Paris on Amazon. If you like shows about food this one is one of the best I have watched.

    Like

    • I think in general people visit people after hospital or at the hospital, but of course the definition of “near and dear” is smaller in the US than India. A couple friends, and your parents and siblings an spouse would be it. Now of course we are all under quarantine so even that’s not possible.

      Thanks for the recommendation!

      Like

  2. I’m glad it went well! I don’t know, I’m mainlining obscure Douglas Sirk movies but the popular ones are great revalidation movies because there is a lot to look at and enough emotional investment to keep me watching, but they require 0 thinking. See also: basically any UK detective series.

    Like

  3. Do you plan on doing a quick post on the studio system of old Hollywood and its impact on the contemporary mainstream Indian cinema,considering Olivia de Havilland,one of the last major old Hollywood stars passed away.
    It feels rather strange not to have her with us,it was almost as if she was a living monument of old Cinema,Hollywood or otherwise.Some people simply never get old enough,ageless they are.

    Like

  4. Would you be open to something darker? Because I’ve been bingeing this Spanish series on Netflix called Elite which is about rich teenagers at a prep school and a few poorer scholarship students who start after their previous school burns down. I just started the second season, but I hesitate to recommend it cuz the big premise in season 1 involves one of the students getting murdered. There’s sex and drugs and secrets and lying and it’s very bingeable but it’s definitely not for everyone.

    Like

    • Ooo, I don’t know if I am up for darker. Especially not in a non-English language. But I am guessing there will be other people here who are grateful for the recommendation.

      On Mon, Jul 27, 2020 at 5:46 PM dontcallitbollywood wrote:

      >

      Like

  5. The Netflix Eurovision movie is hilarious! I saw it as part of a Netflix Party with friends and I had zero expectations going in but I cackled through the whole thing. Will Ferrell was ehhhhhhh but Dan Stevens and Pierce Brosnan had me screaming. Plus there’s a scene with real Eurovision performers that was legitimately goosebump inducing.

    Liked by 1 person

    • Yes! I watched it by myself a little bit ago and just made my parents watch it last night. They liked it, but my mom thought there were too many penis jokes. Which really, there were. It was clever enough it didn’t need the frat boy stuff.

      On Mon, Jul 27, 2020 at 8:56 PM dontcallitbollywood wrote:

      >

      Like

  6. Call your doctor and ask for a different pain prescription. For some bizzare reason I’m immune to Norco and opium makes me sick. I can’t remember what I actually was prescribed after my last surgery, I think it started with a P. But mostly I take ibuprofen. I LOVE ibuprofen. This past week I wasn’t watching much TV because I was sucked into a 4-book fantasy series. The titles suck, the covers suck (or at least the first ones did), but the story is fantastic. A young fat princess “blessed” with a Godstone in her navel get married off to a stranger king who ignores her, even after she saved his life when their carriage was attacked. She is kidnapped, and ends up using her war history knowledge to fight lots of battles for her country. And the second book has the some of the best sexual tension ever. I read the first three books years ago, but a fourth book just came out, so I had to re-read them all. It’s the Fire and Thorns series by Rae Carson.

    I discovered Hindi films when I was stuck in bed.

    Like

    • I just stopped taking pain pills. I woke up not doing too bad this morning and decided it wasn’t worth the funky headedness. Really, this is just the BEST surgery! minimal pain and complications, maximal excuses to lounge around, and a definite clear improvement afterwards. Instead of pain pills, I had my Mom bring me crackers while I lay in bed and watched TV and read comic books. Best sick day I’ve had in ages.

      Yes! I remember you talking about these books before! Or someone here recommended them. Heck, now that I’ve finished all my comic books and caught up on the Disney Channel shows, I should read them!

      On Mon, Jul 27, 2020 at 10:41 PM dontcallitbollywood wrote:

      >

      Liked by 1 person

  7. I highly recommend Zoey’s Extraordinary Playlist, if you haven’t already seen it. So damn well written. It was NOT AT ALL what I was expecting. Keep the Kleenex handy, brace yourself for Bernadette Peters and some seriously hot men (team Simon! Or Mo, if he ever wants to bat for the other team! 😘)
    I can remember not really thinking I’d be into Rab Ne Bana because the plot sounded lame … same with Zoey. So damn glad I watched them anyway!!!)

    P.S. In 2008, I had a bone tumor in my foot that required a biopsy, a bone graft, and almost a year in a cast/boot. Pain meds are pretty useless in my case; they either make me itchy, nauseated, unable to sleep, or all three. Alcohol is actually the least destructive pain killer you can take. It’s not as hard on the kidneys and it doesn’t tear up your stomach. This is per my surgeon brother. He actually is good for something occasionally! 🍻
    Anyhow, our puppy Scruffy got it into his head that his job was to sit with me to make me well. Eventually, he started growling at anyone who came near me, thinking they were out of line. Give Albie dog lots of love but make sure he knows you’re ok!

    Watched Billu for the upmteenth time tonight. I miss Irfaan Khan so hard!

    Like

    • Oooo, Zoey’s Extraordinary Playlist is a good idea! The seasons over, right? so I can just curl up in bed and watch the whole thing start to finish?

      Your dog is way better than my dog. He just made a puddle in the middle of the living room floor. Although that does kind of make me feel better, because I don’t have to clean it up! Ha-ha! I get to make my parents clean it up!

      Hmm, I could try alcohol. I went without anything last night and slept not great and now I hurt more because I didn’t get sleep. I am so glad that (knock on wood) this will just be a month in the boot and another few weeks being careful instead of your year long thing!

      On Tue, Jul 28, 2020 at 12:32 AM dontcallitbollywood wrote:

      >

      Like

  8. For something comfy….White Collar is a good show about heists and well White Collar crime. Matto Bomer (the prettiest and most handsome man on American TV ever) is Nick Caffer who is a thief (like Leo di Caprio in Catch me if you can) and who is then hired by the FBI. A very light show, good quality, fun banter and a BUNCH OF INNUENDO AND ENTENDRE about the situation. It’s really, really, fun!

    Also, THIS is one of the wallpapers. The Ho Yay and OT3 are all over this show!

    Liked by 1 person

    • Ooo, I watched the first 3 episodes of that years ago. I could go back to it and not have to start from scratch!

      On Tue, Jul 28, 2020 at 9:44 AM dontcallitbollywood wrote:

      >

      Liked by 1 person

  9. Any change you may be interested in doing something to celebrate Kriti Sanon’s birthday? It’s today and I just like her so much! Out of the new batch of actresses she may be one of my favorites.

    Like

    • It would be a nice balance with my “Dulquer, you suck” birthday post. Poor Dulquer. I’d feel bad for him if my birthday wishes weren’t the first bad thing to happen to him in his whole life.

      On Tue, Jul 28, 2020 at 11:54 AM dontcallitbollywood wrote:

      >

      Like

      • Oh oh oh please do one of Kriti. It could just be a why you like her post. Or if you need ideas on why I love her, I can help. Some of them are just highly personal and wouldn’t make sense in your post. But I remember when Bareilly came out and everyone in India and America called me to watch it because all of them instantly thought of me. I recently showed it to my dad and even he agreed. Something about her in the movie and her relationship with her father is just something I can innately relate to. Other not to personal reasons why I love her: she has excellent comedic timing, she can rock a sari and seems insanely comfortable dancing in it – a hard feat for a tall skinny girl, her family just seems to darn normal and have the cutest dogs, she is an engineer, she is very close to her sister… I can go on and on.

        Like

        • I am thinking about it now, and you know why I like Kriti? I enjoy literally ALL of her movies! How many actors can you say that about? Not a single film you don’t enjoy? I’m not saying I love-love all of them, but I could happily watch every single movie she has been in, no exceptions.

          On Tue, Jul 28, 2020 at 12:28 PM dontcallitbollywood wrote:

          >

          Like

    • Oh, it IS! I love how much he is still tweeting, and not big exciting stuff either, clearly just bored and playing with his phone stuff.

      On Tue, Jul 28, 2020 at 2:06 PM dontcallitbollywood wrote:

      >

      Like

      • Especially with the edited pictures he has tweeted. Clearly he has discovred Photohop on the phone and is enjoyng just editing pictures. Honestly, it’s what I do when I’m bored and it does swirl the creative mind to just edit stuff.

        Like

        • I am very proud of Grandpa Amitabh! Usually I think he has the kids help him figure out the things, but now he has to learn how to do it all on his own.

          On Tue, Jul 28, 2020 at 2:12 PM dontcallitbollywood wrote:

          >

          Like

  10. Do you have a way of watching a remake and not compare it to the original. I am watching the Telugu remake of Maheshinte Prathikaram and am constantly referring to the original.

    Like

    • Nope, can’t do it. I always compare the movie to the book and the original to the remake. Only exceptions would be if the adaptation is really spectacularly different so that it feels like a whole new thing, like Koode and Happy Journey.

      Like

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out /  Change )

Google photo

You are commenting using your Google account. Log Out /  Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out /  Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out /  Change )

Connecting to %s

This site uses Akismet to reduce spam. Learn how your comment data is processed.