The earlier posts today (here and here) were just updated re-posts from last year. But this one is entirely original! Because I couldn’t find the top 11 post from last year! But let’s pretend it’s because I wanted to do something nice for Aamir’s birthday and not just re-gift.
41. I love you because you were the first celebrity to come “out of the closet” about using a surrogate.
42. I love you because you have been married twice, and both times you chose someone outside of the fame whirlpool, the girl next door for your first wife and a hardworking behind the scenes producer for your second.
43. I love you because you also went outside of the box for your last 4 heroines. Two talented child actresses, and two unknown adult actresses. Not famous models or daughters of superstars or beauty queens.
44. I love you because you are helping your own daughter achieve her dreams, encouraging her to continue her career behind the camera.
45. I love you because you continue to pick projects that sound INSANE, and then make them work in execution. I have faith that your Thugs of Hindustan will be similarly strange but dignified.
46. I love you because at age 45 you made me believe you were 18.
47. I love you because you also made me believe you were an alien! Which was almost as hard.
48. I love you because you made me go “wow, Aamir is such a great actor! Really believable as the father of grown children” and then 2 hours later go “Wait, he IS the father of grown children! I just never think of him that way.”
49. I love you because on the very first songs DVD I bought, this quickly became my favorite song.
50. I love you because you and Juhi Chawla are just as cute together today as you were when you were launched.
51. I love you because you are also awfully cute with your family. And you gave us a Holi themed picture for your birthday week!
52. And finally, I love you because this picture gives me endless joy and amusement (SPOILERS: it will not be the last time you see it this week)