I already re-posted my first 20 reasons from last year, here are another 20. And then my final post will have 12, to get us all the way to 52, the age he is today.
21. That at the start of your career, you worked hard and didn’t mind being in bad movies, so long as you could use your popularity to promote the better ones that otherwise might go unnoticed.
22. That you helped give Farah Khan her start, when she did her first ever song, “Pehle Nasha”, for one of those better movies that would never have gotten made without your support, Jo Jeeta Wohi Sikander.
23. That you decided early on to ignore the awards shows, and thus proved how little they matter, since it had no effect on your career.
24. That you were in arguably the best Raj Kapoor film adaptation, and definitely the best Clark Gable film adaptation, Dil Hai Ki Manta Nahin (It Happened One Night-Chori Chori-Dil Hai Ki Manta Nahin).
25. That you consistently allowed your female co-stars to shine, whether it was Juhi in QSQT or Pooja Bhatt in Dil Hai Ki Manta Nahin or Manisha Koirala in Akele Hum Akele Tum.
26. You can really really wear a captain’s hat.
27. That you look good even in slow motion.
28. That you still look good in slow motion 3 years later.
(I think the whole thing is in slight slow-motion, but the opening definitely is, and that’s my favorite part!)
29. That you were also the best father onscreen father, only 22 years after you yourself were playing child roles.
30. That you were also an excellent Uncle onscreen.
(How cute is Juhi? Also, that’s little Kunal Khemu in the backseat, 3 years before Raja Hindustani made him a child star and 22 years before he married Soha Ali Khan)
31. That you were the first Khan to kiss onscreen, breaking the ground for a new attitude towards sex onscreen.
32. That you did that kiss in a movie that also made Kunal Khemu a star, which gave the world hot-hot Kunal Khemu a mere 10 years later.
33. That the same movie served to re-invent Karisma Kapoor, in perhaps the biggest example of your generosity towards your female co-stars.
34. That you followed up Raja Hindustani, one of your all time great movies, with one of your all-time worst, Ishq.
35. That you re-bounded from Ishq with the one-two-three punch of Ghulam, Sarfarosh, and Earth.
36. That Raja Hindustani included one of the all time great dignified longing songs.
37. That you actually got drunk for this song.
38. That you were in Ishq, one of my favorite so-bad-its-good movies.
39. That you were in Ghulam, one of my favorite so-good-its-good movies.
40. That you were in Sarfarosh, which has my all time favorite Ghazal.