Month of SRK: In Honor of War, 30 Gayest Moments of SRK

This will either turn out to be way too many on this list, or way too few. I really have no idea until I get started! Oh, and it’s definitely not a countdown, that would be impossible. These are all tied in my heart.

1. Bicep hug with Salman
Image result for shahrukh salman sultan

2. “Very Good Very Bad” with Anil

3. His Rent Boy leather pants photo shoot

Image result for shahrukh leather pants

4. First Meeting with Hrithik in K3G

5. Response to rumors about Karan

Image result for shahrukh koffee with karan quote

6. Stranded on an island with Adi and Karan

Image result for shahrukh koffee with karan quote

7. Shahrukh Arjun Favid, “Touch My Body”

8. Shahrukh likes Ranveer’s large penis

Image result for shahrukh koffee with karan quote

9. Shahrukh’s response on his closeness with Salman

Image result for shahrukh koffee with karan quote

10. Shahrukh Salman fanvid, “Ever the Same”

11. Shahrukh, Arjun, and Lady Gaga together

Related image

12. Response to bisexuality question

Image result for shahrukh quote koffee with karan

13. Nuzzling with Arjun

Image result for shahrukh arjun rampal

14. Holding hands with Farhan

Image result for shahrukh farhan akhtar

15. “It’s the Time to Disco”

16. Jackie-Anil-Shahrukh fanvid, “I Love You”

17. Anil-Shahrukh fanvid, “Ur Luv is my drug”

18. Shahrukh Salman Fanvid, “Come Back to Me”

19. Shahrukh Salman fanvid, “FMLYHM”

20. Shahrukh on rumors of Karan falling out

Image result for shahrukh koffee with karan quote

21. Shahrukh-Arjun fanvid, “I Do”

22. “Yeh Bandhan Toh”

23. Zeeshan and Shahrukh in Raees

Image result for shahrukh zeeshan raees

24. Shahrukh dancing with Hugh Jackman

25. Shahrukh and Sonu matching biceps

Image result for shahrukh sonu sood photo

26. Shahrukh and Aamir being 90s

Image result for shahrukh aamir photo

27. Shahrukh and Hrithik giving each other the eye

Image result for shahrukh hrithik roshan

28. Shahrukh and Gulshan Grover kissing Aamir in Drag

Image result for shahrukh aamir khan gulshan grover

29. Aamir shirtless and Shahrukh pantless with Gulshan Grover

Image result for shahrukh aamir khan gulshan grover

30. Shahrukh in drag

Okay, you ready for my pick for Most Gay? It’s subtle, but I think it is Shahrukh and Hrithik giving each other the eye.

Image result for shahrukh hrithik roshan

My favorite gay moment is different, I am extremely partial “I Do” with Shahrukh and Arjun.

54 thoughts on “Month of SRK: In Honor of War, 30 Gayest Moments of SRK

1. Once again many of the videos won’t play so I’m just weighing in on pics…for most gay I’m going with the Salman bicep hug. They look like every couple at Bear Week in Provincetown. Love it.

• First, try double-clicking on the videos or right clicking and opening the link, they may not play embedded but they should play if you link through to youtube. If it’s worth it.

I love the Salman bicep hug too! So manly and yet also so loving.

On Fri, Oct 4, 2019 at 1:14 AM dontcallitbollywood wrote:

• How about Ranveer doing a cameo in the rom-com? Oh oh, when SRK and Hugh go to meet with a distributor at a dance bar, it is not a woman, but Ranveer on stage doing an item number/striptease in the famous red underwear.

• But then they don’t get to dance with Rekha!!!!

Unless we have two dance scenes? Maybe Rekha is when they meet with a distributor, and then when they have to win over the censor board it turns out he likes going to male dance bars and it’s Ranveer?

On Fri, Oct 4, 2019 at 1:11 PM dontcallitbollywood wrote:

2. My fav is definitely No. 7, the ShahRukh-Arjun vid Touch My Body. This is a romance that has to happen! 🙂 It’s beautifully edited together with so many sources it looks convincing.
    I’d also forgotten what a great couple ShahRukh and Salman are, especially in the early days when they both have those big puppy-dog eyes.

btw, he makes a horrible woman!

• Yes! I realized puting this together that I could easily have come up with 30 examples of SRK-Salman alone.

You got me to rewatch “Touch My Body” and it is sooooooo good. Especially like the mixture of real moments and movie moments. Although I think I still like “I Do” better, maybe just because it has so much OSO content.

On Fri, Oct 4, 2019 at 3:09 AM dontcallitbollywood wrote:

• And Shahrukh looks so adorable and tiny next to Hugh! A little elf sprite and a Knight.

On Fri, Oct 4, 2019 at 8:26 AM dontcallitbollywood wrote:

• Can you imagine a movie with the both of them? It would be ooozing with so much charm and such spectacular music and dancing! They are both so perfect for a crossover film!

• Hugh is an over the hill past his prime Australia action hero who comes to Bombay to do a guest role in a Hindi film. Shahrukh is the enthusiastic optimistic energetic producer who convinces him to come and serves as his host. Either it is a funny fish out of water movie about the differences between Indian and western film ending with Hugh winning a FilmFare and falling in love with the Indian industry and staying. Or it is a rom-com with Hugh and Shahrukh fighting and making up and going out clubbing together and it ends with a wedding.

On Fri, Oct 4, 2019 at 8:31 AM dontcallitbollywood wrote:

• I then we can essentially incorporate both versions into one.

To me, the whole premise of the film is about how two middle aged individuals from different parts of the world over time started feeling “over-the-hill” and lost the zest for life. They forgot how to live and enjoy life. Hugh because he could no longer do the action sequences he is known for. SRK, because he was at one time a hugely successful director but now is trying and failing to appeal to the young audience he doesn’t really understand or know. And then they come together. While the initial interactions between them are fraught with tension and mutual annoyance, eventually they both form a bond, and then help each other have fun. Enter a fun song sequence that shows Hugh taking SRK white water rafting, bungee jumping, deep see diving, and sky diving, and SRK introducing Hugh to Indian music and dancing (which would great way to incorporate a club scene) and cinema in an Indian theater. The song can be super cute with both people being a little apprehensive about the activity the other wants to do but then having fun (e.g., SRK is terrified at the last minute to bungee jump and Hugh has to push him but then SRK is exhilarated; Hugh really doesn’t want to go to a club and SRK has to pull his hand into the club but then they start drinking and dancing and Hugh finally lets loose and had the best time).

Over time they build a sensitive loving bond in which each brings out the best in the other and show cynics that it is not about age but about love through the film they make. The film is a blockbuster, with Hugh winning the Film Fare award. At the award he gives a big beautiful speech about how falling in love with the Indian film industry gave his life new meaning, joy, and vitality, but really the speech is all about how falling in love with SRK gave them both a new life. He asks SRK to come in stage, both are in tears with giving each other longing loving looks as SRK walks to the state, and then they hug. One of those super tight, romantic, loving hugs, with lots of emotion that brings the Film Fare audiance also to tears. The movie ends with both of them continuing to introduce each other to new adventures.

• I LOVE IT!!!!

Two small additions. First, I think we need a third character to act as matchmaker. Anupam Kher would be perfect, playing essentially himself. He is a global actor, an old friend of SRK’s who has worked with him in dozens of films. And he co-starred with Hugh Jackman in some international production and remained friends. After SRK’s most recent movie flops, he and Anupam are drowning their sorrows together and Shahrukh is talking about how he needs something big and new and different for his next film, he is bankrupt and desperate. Then Anupam flies to Australia to do a small TV commercial or something with Hugh Jackman, and they end up talking with Hugh saying he is so tired of not being offered anything interesting, just doing these small ad films and guest appearances, no one seems to know what to do with an aging action star. Anupam goes “IDEA!” He bullies Shahrukh into offering Hugh a role in his next film and bullies Hugh into taking a risk on an Indian movie. By the time SRK and Hugh meet in Bombay (with the contract already signed), they are both regretting the decision and think they are doing the other person a favor. Lots of fights as they first start trying to work together, lots of humor with Hugh arriving on set on time to find one guy sipping tea because even the crew doesn’t start a shoot at the call time in India, and Shahrukh getting frustrated because Hugh can’t dance. And then Anupam enters again, suggests that the problem is Shahrukh can only work with someone he really knows and trusts, he and Hugh have to become friends first. 2 week shooting break, Anupam forces them to go out drinking, Shahrukh gets Hugh drunk and he breaks loose in a big item dance in a club (breaking through his mental block about dancing, I love the idea of Hugh playing a guy who can’t dance unless he is drunk). They go back to Shahrukh’s apartment afterwards and have a long honest drunken conversation, Hugh admits that he feels like he still has so much to offer but no one will hire him, Shahrukh admits that he feels he has nothing to offer, is scared and over the hill. And then your bit with them spending two weeks doing activities that scare each other together.

Other addition, at the FilmFare awards after he calls Shahrukh up on stage, I want him to surprise him with a proposal and then the whole FilmFare audience to get on their feet and applaud when Shahrukh says a shy “yes”. And then over the end credits we can see how the proposal made international news, Hugh is offered those roles he wanted but turns them down to stay with SRK, and SRK puts off starting his next film because he has to plan his wedding. And WEDDING.

I think no kids for either of them, right? Shahrukh was a shy little gay man who never had a relationship, and Hugh was a player and a workaholic who would rather have casual relationships that didn’t interfere with his career.

On Fri, Oct 4, 2019 at 10:22 AM dontcallitbollywood wrote:

• Love the additions! I can honestly say that this is the most excited I have been in a while about fanfic!

• Now I want it to happen in reality! Why can’t Anupam put Shahrukh and Bradley Cooper in a room together? Bradley can be in a movie Shahrukh produces in India, or Shahrukh can be in a movie Bradley directs in America, I would be happy either way.

On Fri, Oct 4, 2019 at 11:06 AM dontcallitbollywood wrote:

• Bradley Cooper. Because, in reality, Anupam doesn’t know Hugh Jackman. But he does know Bradley Cooper! And DeNiro, but I don’t want to see Shahrukh and DeNiro in a movie together, I want to see Shahrukh and Bradley Cooper together.

On Fri, Oct 4, 2019 at 11:27 AM dontcallitbollywood wrote:

• Nooo (to the tune of Nahiiii from Om Shanti Om). It has to be Hugh and SRK! Nothing against, Bradley Cooper, but this charming, musical, dancing spectacle with a touching same-sex mature romance will just not be the same with Bradley. Karan obviously knows them both, and Karan absolutely has the ability to bring together hugely popular stars in a movie (K3G, KANK, Takht). Anupam Kher can still be in it, but my heart is set on SRK and Hugh playing the leads.

• All right, I will agree.

In that case, let’s make it a true musical. Start with Hugh singing a sad song of loneliness and feeling out of place as he wanders through Sydney with dancers dancing around him. Then the drunken club song. Montage love song as they get to know each other. Big movie-in-a-movie song with Shahrukh showing Hugh the steps, Hugh dancing the lead part, and then pulling Shahrukh in to dance with him in a director’s cameo. More plot as they struggle to get the film a decent release and deal with pushy reporters who have sniffed out their love story, the film comes out and is a hit, big dance number at the success party. Then there is a misunderstanding, it seems like Hugh will be leaving India (and Shahrukh) after all. Sad song, maybe a reprise of the first song but this time with Shahrukh singing it as he walks through Bombay. And finally happy ending, and reprise of the movie-in-a-movie song at their wedding.

On Fri, Oct 4, 2019 at 11:39 AM dontcallitbollywood wrote:

• Perfect! The more musical numbers (and dancing) the better. Maybe eventually, this could also become a Broadway show!

• Wait, the actual movie has a Broadway show in it, or Broadway takes the plot of our movie and makes it into a musical? I am happy either way!

Oh, and I think Malika Sherawat has to do a random item dance at some point and pull Hugh and Shahrukh on stage with her at the end, right? Maybe while they are trying to get the movie released they go to meet with a distributor or something at a dance bar? And watching Hugh dance with Malika convinces him that Hugh actually can work as the lead of a Hindi film?

On Fri, Oct 4, 2019 at 11:58 AM dontcallitbollywood wrote:

• I was thinking Broadway takes the plot of our movie and makes it into a musical. How great would that be? And yes, an item is a must! I will take either Mallika Sherawat or Malaika Aurora.

• Just throwing it out there, what about Rekha? I feel like Rekha dancing with Hugh Jackman and Shahrukh would somehow make me very very happy.

On Fri, Oct 4, 2019 at 12:21 PM dontcallitbollywood wrote:

• I would LOVE Rekha or even Hema Malini to do the dance number with Hugh and SRK! This discussion is making me so happy on a Friday!

• You should leave work early and go see War!!!! Double the happiness! And also finally give me someone to comment on the review.

On Fri, Oct 4, 2019 at 12:39 PM dontcallitbollywood wrote:

3. I’m late to the party but I couldn’t not comment.

Gayest: photo with Salman. Favourite: The Jackie/Anil SRK one. It is beautiful. Jackie has so much permanent gay going on, it is why I love him. It works really well. Anil is pretty gay, too, this is why I was so disappointed with his Govinda movies. But then one of the disadvantages of Govinda is that he is rarely gay. Jackie always delivers though.

I do also have a soft spot for the violent SRK/Salman video. The one thing I do like about Salman is his super duper macho gayness, and that is exactly the aesthetic that suits it.

• You’re not that late, and I am excited for your thoughts!

Second vote for the Salman photo, looks like that one will be the overall winner.

Agree about Jackie bringing the gayness. And genetics have finally won out and the same strange power is now flowering within Tiger.

Personally, I prefer the sad “Ever the Same” Salman video, sweet lost love Salman and Shahrukh just works better for me.

On Fri, Oct 4, 2019 at 1:03 PM dontcallitbollywood wrote:

• So long as he moves away from the weird intense action films and towards the weird super light dance films, I think there is hope.

On Fri, Oct 4, 2019 at 3:30 PM dontcallitbollywood wrote:

• Yes, but then those action films should die imo anyway. Maybe this will do well and then at least they will be intensely GAY action films, I could live with that.

• Baaghi 3 has Ritiesh Deshmukh and Manoj Bajpai. What do you think the chances are for gayness with either of them and Tiger?

On Fri, Oct 4, 2019 at 3:33 PM dontcallitbollywood wrote:

• Both of them can be pretty gay, so it depends on the roles. It sounds like new gay Tiger needs an impressive older man to bring it out in him, so I think it will depend on the dynamics. Anyway, another reason why he needs to do a movie with Govinda.

4. My favorite video is Your Love is My Drug. Shah Rukh and Anil are the ultimate classic gay couple from this selection. New fave couple and favorite pic–Zeeshan and Shah Rukh. Arjun and Shah Rukh have the highest hotness quotient, but they have more of a “burns hot and burns out quickly” vibe than a lasting couple vibe.