Happy 24 days to SRK Day!!!!! Let’s look at 24 of his non-film works, his TV ads. Such fun for those of us not in India who never get to see them! Apologies to those in India who are probably tired of them.
24. I’m gonna start with his brilliant early series, the Hyundai Santra adds from the 90s. In 4 parts! Part 1 first
23. Now part 2
22. Now part 3
21. And finally, part 4!
20. He came back with the same kind of add years later, still playing superficial silly star Shahrukh who is in love with a car.
19. Another new one, super cute, and also quite the wish fulfillment, right? Shahrukh Khan delivering our food?
18. Speaking of wish-fulfillment, this makes you want to go to Dubai, doesn’t it? Especially with the beard?
17. Or West Bengal! We could be that white lady!
16. Or he could magically come to us through the internet!
15. You know what I find most unbelievable about this particular ad? Shahrukh really doesn’t give off much of a surfer vibe, does he?
14. this one is just to help us with our JHMS hangovers.
13. Speaking of his famous heroines, here is one with both Priyanka and Kareena!
12. Speakin of Pepsi, this one’s pretty good! and again more on the “Shahrukh is a silly actor” side of persona instead of “Shahrukh is an all powerful being”.
11. This is my favorite of the “Shahrukh as an all powerful being” ads. I know it’s a bad lesson, fair and handsome and all that, but I still like the idea of him spreading handsomeness to random deserving people in the crowd.
10. Okay, top ten! Starting with Juhi and Shahrukh, because they are so cute
9. But he is always cutest with Gauri.
8. Okay, so this is a super recent ad, and I am pretty sure I’ve already listed it out somewhere else, but it is so cute! I can’t resist it!
7. Not sure if I’ve listed this one before or not, but I really like it! Shahrukh, as the spirit of entertainment, bringing joy to all of India!
6. So high concept! So complicated! So kind of a little scary maybe?
5. I know I’ve listed this one before too. But I don’t care! SO SWEET! So cutely gay!
4. Another unexpected couple option.
3. This one might be something that I watch whenever I get depressed. Or, it might not. I will leave it to your imagination!
2. Look at this! All social-messagey and Amitabhy! It really should be number 1. But it isn’t, because I am shallow.
1.1. I told you, I’m shallow.